New addon for BC

• Has anyone used the addon spacetoad has a video highlight on at the moment? Logistic pipes - looks bloody amazing from an automation perspective. It's still in alpha but it has a lot of potential.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• Has anyone used the addon spacetoad has a video highlight on at the moment? Logistic pipes - looks bloody amazing from an automation perspective. It's still in alpha but it has a lot of potential.

I have seen it!
    And I think I saw Direwolf20 adding this addon to his new lets play. If I know him right I think he will setup a factory that uses this addon! :)

• I have seen it!
    And I think I saw Direwolf20 adding this addon to his new lets play. If I know him right I think he will setup a factory that uses this addon! :)

Knowing DireWolf, he will. And I'm pretty sure he already has added it to his videos now.

• That mod is pretty impressive for building automated factories, except the crafting pipe should link straight to the crafting table... I mean, who would be bothered to use DOUBLE the needed materials to make a factory using logistics pipes?

• That mod is pretty impressive for building automated factories, except the crafting pipe should link straight to the crafting table... I mean, who would be bothered to use DOUBLE the needed materials to make a factory using logistics pipes?

Given the number of diamonds you would need to build anything of notable size, it would be pretty hard to use this mod legit. Especially given that you need a logic pipe at every intersection for the routing intelligence to work properly.

I played around with it last night (had to hack in a few dozen diamonds to do it) but I must say just the routing intelligence itself is quite impressive. I have a multi floor setup with the bottom floor full of chests, being fed by a series of quarries, plantations etc. Basic logic pipes coming out of each chest coverging into a single pipe to the floor above. As long as I have the raw item I can get anything from any chest in one click. I haven't built the crafting floor yet - thats next :)

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than open your mouth and remove all doubt

• On this problem, direwolf20 is testing a new version which uses phantom stacks, so we don't actually use twice what's needed.

nope, he's not "testing a new version", that's the normal alpha 0.13 version available on the site. It's only for that pipe at the moment.

oooookay, just checked, looks like it's at alpha 0.14 now. Still can't wait for SMP.
    edit: just got a chance to read the updates. looks like all of the pipes do the phantom item thing now as of 0.14 alpha, looks nice.