[Suggestion] Weapons! So original!

• Yes, I know that there have been many threads about them, but they have mostly been along the lines of "we have nukes i want a lazer riflez and halo guns'. I suggest that we have three types of weapons and three tiers for each weapon- a total of 9 guns. In addition, I am fairly sure that most of these coule be easily coded has just an extension of the laser rifle by removing the destroy block code and just leaving the code that lets it do damage and fire actual projectiles. In addition, all the guns will have a damage bonus (if possible) against the quantum suit.

Type 1-Machine Gun

:Mining Laser: For the machine gun, I don't want the Famas that has 900 rounds per minute. The machine gun should fire about has fast as you can spam-click your mouse, but you only have to hold the button down. Obviously, the bullets will do the least damage of the three types of guns. The range will be about half of the laser guns long range function.Oh, and the guns will all run on EUs.
    :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: The 2nd tier machine gun will shoot faster. It will require more EUs but have a larger storage.
    :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: The 3rd tier machine gun will do more damage and be longer range. Once again, It will require more EUs but have a larger storage.

Type 2- Shotgun

:Mining Laser: I intend the shotgun to borrow code from the laser guns scatter function. It should be single fire. I am not sure if you can code reload times and what-not to slow the fire rate down, but that would be good for the shot-gun. As for range, somewhere close to, but larger than, melee range.

:Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: The 2nd tier shotgun would fire more beams than the first tier. It needs more EUs, but has more.

:Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: The 3rd tier shotgun woulddo more damage with each beam, and light enemies on fire. It needs more EUs, but has more.

Type 3- Rifle
    :Mining Laser: The rifle is a long range, single shot, high damage gun. The range should be as large as possible. For damage, I imagine 8 hearts a shot with no armor.

:Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: The 2nd tier Rifle would add more damage and, if possible, increase the speed of the projectile. It needs more EUs, but can carry more.

:Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: :Mining Laser: The 3rd Tier Rifle should be able to one-shot someone with armor that isn't diamond and up.

NOTE: I am not sure if "head-shots" could be implemented, but if so that would be preferable.

Recipes! I never look at the recipes so I will not be putting any here. The higher the tier of gun, the more expensive it is. No bullets need to be implemented.

I wonder how many cells I can put into my reactor before it ex... BOOOM!
    :Uranium Ingot: + MinecraftCreeper dust+ my friends base= fun

• Ahhhh...Guys, its not that.

If you whant weapons, try WW2 guns, but IC2 isn't that. Moreover, thingy you just told seems too raw and default.

Yes, maybe its good, but its better to think of smthing better?

Why dont we add a railgun as a weapon? It really exsists and as powerfull as we need.

Its just default weapons, but we are in MC, not in some zombie survival game.

• but we are in MC, not in some zombie survival game.

...Wh...What?

It isn't?!

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Actually, Alblaka has stated that he wants to add some more pvp content. I was proposing a way to do this that is balanced. So what if the weapons are "default"? That doesn't take away from the game expierence. If you can figure out a way to have the game balanced with crazy weapons like rail guns then go ahead.

• Actually, Alblaka has stated that he wants to add some more pvp content. I was proposing a way to do this that is balanced. So what if the weapons are "default"? That doesn't take away from the game expierence. If you can figure out a way to have the game balanced with crazy weapons like rail guns then go ahead.

default means unorginal those 3 weapons are basicly in every fps know to man and some to dolphines. thats alot

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

If you can figure out a way to have the game balanced with crazy weapons like rail guns then go ahead.

Tons of resourses to make one, has only 5 shot clip, needs 1.000.000 EU to be charged, but kills any mob instally.

Just an example.

...Wh...What?

It isn't?!

Its not, its an RPG sandbox game...Ah, just kidding :P

Its a builder game or...Really dunno how to name it correctly, but its not the game of surviving mod waves, right?
    Its game where you need to kill mobs not cause they are trying to kill ya, but to get resourses to build or make smthing, so it not survival game. You can just put it on peacefull and thats all, no one cares.
    Why do we need much weapons then?

I think we just need some high-cost kill everithing weapon, to get rid of, for example, enderman near our house cause he trying to steal our blocks. Then go to bed and look how the rest of them burn.

• default means unorginal those 3 weapons are basicly in every fps know to man and some to dolphines. thats alot

Firstly, default typically means normal or original in the sense that your "default" settings are the settings that were originally there ore are the norm. Secondly, laser guns aren't in almost any fps's. Also, the three weapons work well to counter each other.

• No handguns? Im dissapointed son.

lol. The point was for the three weapons to counter each other. Frankly, pistols wouldn't counter anything.

• Sooo.... basically a one shot weapon is balanced? The point was for the weapons to balance each other in pvp. Also, clearly Al doesn't share your view about peaceful difficulty because he added shields in the original IC and has had tesla coils for awhile. In addition to this, he has also talked about adding more pvp themed ideas. You seem to have missed the point of having three weapons.

NOTE: Sorry for the triple post, I wanted to quote a few different things.

Secondly, laser guns aren't in almost any fps's. Also, the three weapons work well to counter each other.

laser guns

Thought that your are talking about normal weapons, not the lazer ones. Still there could be more ideas for lazer weapons, not just a shotgun, rifle and sum machine gun.

Sooo.... basically a one shot weapon is balanced? The point was for the weapons to balance each other in pvp. Also, clearly Al doesn't share your view about peaceful difficulty because he added shields in the original IC and has had tesla coils for awhile. In addition to this, he has also talked about adding more pvp themed ideas. You seem to have missed the point of having three weapons.

Ah, you are about pvp...Then its ok that one shot kill gun will be unbalanced that way.
    Then i saw this thread i thouht about: "why don't we add smthing to finish that enderdragon?", didn't thought you were talking bout pvp, my fault.

• If I think of weapons I would rather like some which have a use like the mining-laser. A Grappling Hook is an example or grenades. But why should I use a shotgun, a rifle and a machine-gun? Machine-Gun and Shotgun cancel each other, because they are both medium ranged (or even short based on the projectile spread) and one of them will do more damage so the other one is useless. A rifle basically means that you might kill people that can't even see you, because if they can, they will most likely kill you using a machine-gun or a shotgun.

The Problem is that projectiles need to be arrows. Everything else is a pain to create (at least it was). But simply putting in a large amount of different projectile-based weapons won't improve anything.

But you could use a rocket-launcher that fires sticky-rockets (if you are hit, you blink like a creeper and explode after some seconds) or a weapon that fires bouncing projectiles. These are probably harder to implement, but aren't simple bigger and better guns. If it comes to weapons originality is better then just copying real weapons... there are enough other mods that do just this.

But you could use a rocket-launcher that fires sticky-rockets (if you are hit, you blink like a creeper and explode after some seconds) or a weapon that fires bouncing projectiles. These are probably harder to implement, but aren't simple bigger and better guns. If it comes to weapons originality is better then just copying real weapons... there are enough other mods that do just this.

Lol, that just reminded me of "bounser" weapon from some game i dont really remember...
    But it fired a giant thingy looked anti-boad mine whitch exploded in 10-20 little ones, and they were jumping all round everywhere (cause they was like rubber balls) and exploaded if they hit your enemies. i dont think that would suit IC, but i just told you the thing i remember.

Anyways, good idea about those weapons, just need to think about it more.

• If I think of weapons I would rather like some which have a use like the mining-laser. A Grappling Hook is an example or grenades. But why should I use a shotgun, a rifle and a machine-gun? Machine-Gun and Shotgun cancel each other, because they are both medium ranged (or even short based on the projectile spread) and one of them will do more damage so the other one is useless. A rifle basically means that you might kill people that can't even see you, because if they can, they will most likely kill you using a machine-gun or a shotgun.

The Problem is that projectiles need to be arrows. Everything else is a pain to create (at least it was). But simply putting in a large amount of different projectile-based weapons won't improve anything.

-snip-

You would use the guns because they are the only way of killing a "tin can' (quantum suit). Also, (I think) coding the weapons would be fairly easy because they are just manipulations of the mining laser, so they wouldn't take up much of Al's time. The shot gun would have a range of about 3 blocks, whereas the machine-gun would be much longer, so I don't see where they cancel each other. As for the sniper rifle, once again, these weapons are mainly used for combatting quantum suits. You could probably one-shot someone with no armor, but the point of pvp is to prove your mettle. So instead of just being sneaky, you would (hopefully) just shoot and run and hope that they don't catch up to you. The obvious way to counter this would be to get close the them.

Finally, clearly you it is POSSIBLE modify the code (if not practical), as the mining laser goes straight, as opposed to falling like the arrows. Once again, I am no coder so I don't know the feasibility of such an change.

• You would use the guns because they are the only way of killing a "tin can' (quantum suit). Also, (I think) coding the weapons would be fairly easy because they are just manipulations of the mining laser, so they wouldn't take up much of Al's time. The shot gun would have a range of about 3 blocks, whereas the machine-gun would be much longer, so I don't see where they cancel each other. As for the sniper rifle, once again, these weapons are mainly used for combatting quantum suits. You could probably one-shot someone with no armor, but the point of pvp is to prove your mettle. So instead of just being sneaky, you would (hopefully) just shoot and run and hope that they don't catch up to you. The obvious way to counter this would be to get close the them.

Finally, clearly you it is POSSIBLE modify the code (if not practical), as the mining laser goes straight, as opposed to falling like the arrows. Once again, I am no coder so I don't know the feasibility of such an change.

So basically... also the Mining-Laser is a projectile-weapon.

And it will stay projectile-based ^^
    The only problem is there’s a strict limit for max-speed, namely “1F”. Anything past this speed can cause projectiles to skip through blocks, an issue I had with the Mining Laser…

A long range weapon might even have the problem, that it's just too slow. You just can't use simple hitscan-methods like Doom etc. so all your weapons need projectiles, and this projectile needs to travel all the way to a target... A sniper would most likely never hit a moving target.

i dont think that would suit IC, but i just told you the thing i remember.

Well the sticky-rockets are from Jedi-Knight I and the bouncing projectile is from Unreal/Unreal-Tournament (the razor, later named ripper). Actually you could also use a freezer (which would be stolen from DukeNukem), or a crossbow with varying ammunition (stolen from Half-Life and Deus Ex).

A mod that already features Quantum-Suits, Nano-Sabres (well also Deus Ex^^, but it was a sword there) and a Mining-Laser... and you complain about bouncing projectiles or sticky-rockets (we already have sticky-dynamite^^)? Maybe I'm the only one but if you search for weapons to battle quantum-suits I think projectile weapons just don't fit. I have a Mining-Laser why should I go back and use a machine-gun?

So if we have such crazy futuristic stuff like quantum-suits, mining lasers and a nano-sabre why should we use old fashioned weapons to battle them? We should use crazy futuristic weapons to battle a crazy futuristic armor, shouldn't we? The Sticky-Rocket-launcher would even be quite easy to produce. You just shoot sticky dynamite^^. Or combine an arrow with gunpowder to make it explosive and use a high-tech-crossbow to fire them and a higher speed etc.

But still more important than weapons is of course beer! (Weapons aren't much fun without beer either)