Suggestion: EMP!!!

• Do you want a EMP? 19

1. YES! I WANT A EMP!!! (12) 63%
    2. Yes (1) 5%
    3. I dont care (1) 5%
    4. No (3) 16%
    5. NO! I HATE EMP'S!!! (2) 11%

I am surprised that no one suggested it yet (if some one did correct me) For those who dont know what a EMP is, it is a electro magnetic pulse, technically it disables electronics. So anyways maybe some thing like a bomb that you can throw, or a block that you can place, or maybe a EMP plant(IKR) that can disable your electronics and machines(and maybe blow em up :D?) but it has to be expensive or else it would be op in a war server, just spam there base with EMP's and there telsa coils are down :thumbup:

Recipe:

A :advance circuit
    L : Laptron crytal
    M: magnet pulsar
    Magnet pulsar:

:Refined Iron: A :Refined Iron:

A :Uranium Ingot: A
    :Refined Iron: A :Refined Iron:

EMP Bomb MK1:
    MMM
    MAM
    M :Energy Crystal: M
    10 block radius

EMP Bomb MK2:
    MAM
    M :Energy Crystal: M
    MAM
    20 block radius

EMP Bomb MK3:

MAM
    ALA
    MAM

30 block raduis

EMP emmiter:
    :Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:

:Advanced Machine: M :Advanced Machine:

:Refined Iron: :Advanced Machine: :Refined Iron:

The more EU you put into it the more the EMP Field expands

And it does not affect the user, also you can craft a EMP acceptor, so you can add people that dont get affected by the EMP emmiter

EMP Acceptor

:Advanced Circuit: Freq :Advanced Circuit:

MMM
    :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron: :Refined Iron:

EMP plant:
    taking a metal plant and crafting it with a magnet pulsar radius is 5 blocks

Metal plant:

Wheat with metal

• One, the smilies are broken.

Two, reminds me of the REP (Redstone Electric Pulse) thing from Chicken Bones Wireless Redstone mod. Well, I could +1 this, but the EMP pulses ought to have one heck of timeout between uses so it can be used when there are no ops on the server.

• One, the smilies are broken.

Two, reminds me of the REP (Redstone Electric Pulse) thing from Chicken Bones Wireless Redstone mod. Well, I could +1 this, but the EMP pulses ought to have one heck of timeout between uses so it can be used when there are no ops on the server.

Agreed, but I anticipate any type of EMP weaponry to be 'energy whores' in their own right anyway to cause the level of infrastructure damage he's requesting. But I really like the idea, and it would go well to counteract things like the Forcefield add-on and such in very late game SMP...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I'd estimate that one EMP burst would have the EU consumption around or over that of the Teleporter considering the technology required and the need to nerf it quite quickly.

• EMP fries electronics disabling them temporarily or forever... But how do we determine which? Plus the circuitry in the emmitters need to be shielded so I'm suggesting that the circuits have to be covered in rubber or some other simmilar shielding device.

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Rubber won't EMP shield. Blocks of metal ingots used as building materials would. CF foam -might-, ReStone and ReGlass should.

The EMP would propagate like a nuke explosion, but only effecting electronic gear; it would 'fry' wires as if over-volted and cause similar effects for machines (pop).

• I would think that it just fries wires, that way it's a REALLY annoying piece of tech that could be quite OP but doesn't hurt precious advanced machines that took a long time to craft.

Also: I believe that fiberglass wire (in the real world as well) is naturally shielded from EMP allowing for the inevitable (but horrendously expensive) counter ^^

• In the real world electric power isn't transmitted over fiberglass (only data and light-energy which might be converted to other forms of energy). I've seen glass fiber cables as rare-material coated vacuum tube wires, which somehow allows them to conduct very well while also naturally insulating them quite well. Such a conductor would naturally be susceptible to an EMP. The whole point is that there's a strong shift in magnetic flux which induces currents in wires/etc which causes overloads that fry systems.

• yup, and the EMP bombs can be only used like 1-3 times, and take ALOT of energy like 5 times more then the mass fab, just for one emp pulse in a short range. So i dont consider it OP

• when a block has been temporarily been disabled then there should be a particle effect so that you know when it has been disabled. :D Brill Idea!