Suggestion: Radio towers

• 2 devices, or perhaps just one that can be set to different modes, capable of sending signals and receiving them. The signals are pulses of EU, which lose strength over distance (I was thinking strength drops as the inverse square of the distance in meters). The receiver, set to a particular frequency (strength of incoming EU pulse) activates an attached object when it encounters a pulse of the right frequency.

So, an emitter sends out a 2000 EU pulse, and a receiver set to frequency 5, and 20 meters away, picks up the signal and toggles a connected device, say the transfer/store toggle of a partially charged MFE.

Multiple receivers within proper range to accept a particular frequency could be triggered by the same pulse. Three receivers 23, 24 and 25 meters from an emitter sending out 2000 EU pulses, all set to a frequency of 3 would all toggle, while the receivers that were closer or farther on the same frequency would not, as the pulse would have a higher or lower value at that distance.

Would be neat for radio controlled doors to prisons, towns, nuclear reactors and the like, or as a means of operating a sprawling facility from a central location. A string of such towers could be daisy-chained for making a fully automated setup (the last receiver toggles an emitter which pulses back to a receiver at the beginning of the line, starting the process over).

Complications could be added, such as height being a factor in the distance, or a signal traveling through other blocks loses power faster.

• Official Post

Actually i at first misread your idea, assuming you meant a block sending EU to players with the specific tool in their inventory. :3

Dunno about your idea, but the thing i first understood would actually be a useful feature. Imagine you're mining underground, constantly receiving energy from your surface power-plant via an antenna :D

• Actually i at first misread your idea, assuming you meant a block sending EU to players with the specific tool in their inventory. :3

Dunno about your idea, but the thing i first understood would actually be a useful feature. Imagine you're mining underground, constantly receiving energy from your surface power-plant via an antenna :D

I was actually going to suggest that myself. Wireless energy transfer is an experimental, and yet not very successful thing in real life, and was actually first attempted by Tesla himself. Therefore, such a wireless transmission device would be including a Tesla coil as an ingredient. That would make it expensive, but make the recipe create two, and then pair them with FreqTrans.

• I do think that both using a radio tower as a way of communication and of sending power would be beneficial, and they could possibly have both options possible on the same machine. Also included could be hand held radios that could recieve the power and be placed as fuel inside a machine or also say the message being broadcasted.

"Mine like you don't need the diamonds, build like you have never been griefed, and dance like you are taking a crap"

• Personally, i would like to be able to shut off sections of a city with the click of a button. say on a IC2 ANARCHY server, a guy charges in with a mining laser, is charging it with stolen power X( , and you shut that section of the city off :D . or you are running a power grid, and someone makes you mad. *clicks* his plant offlines. could you make an electrically powered way of cooling reactors? that would make people with no backup generators or power storage mad when you push that button........ ^^

• Personally, i would like to be able to shut off sections of a city with the click of a button. say on a IC2 ANARCHY server, a guy charges in with a mining laser, is charging it with stolen power X( , and you shut that section of the city off :D . or you are running a power grid, and someone makes you mad. *clicks* his plant offlines. could you make an electrically powered way of cooling reactors? that would make people with no backup generators or power storage mad when you push that button........ ^^

Yep,. you can cool a Reactor using power. Basically, you take UUm, make snowballs, compress them, and stuck them in the reactor

Epic win!