Spanish translation for Industrial Craft 2

• Hi everyone!

This is a basic lang file edited so it shows up at spanish (from spain, trying to do a neutral translation). Maby not all words are correctly translated. Any advice about it will be welcome. I'll try to upload it with every IC2 version, so the translation is up to date as well.

To install: replace the main lang file. You can find it if you follow this route: %appdata%=>Roaming=>.minecraft=>config

DOWNLOAD LIST

-Industrial Craft 2 v1.43 Spanish Translation 1.2
    -Industrial Craft 2 v1.62 Spanish Translation 1.0

PS:As i said before, i'll try to keep the translation up to date, but it may take one or two days.
    PS2:If any admin here thinks i created the thread in the wrong section, feel free to moove it at will.
    PS3: enjoy IC2!!!

• I'll try this out when I get home

spanish isn't my native language, but I can probably check for vocabulary

I suspect you will need to decide whether you're going to use mexican or spanish spanish though; some words are a bit hard to keep nautral

• whoops, I had a bit of things to do the other day, forgott to test it out
    I'll try it out right now

edit: just tried it
    translations seem a bit funky (but I study Mexican Spanish), but they work
    maybe an idea would be to make a Spain-Spanish and a Mexican-Spanish version to take into account the differences (I'd suggest more for the south american countries, but there's just so many :pinch: )

• Well done! I will list you a few corrections, the original translation at left, my correction at right in parentheses.

Maquina Avanzada - (Máquina Avanzada)

Electrolyzer - (Electrolizador)

Generador Geotermal - (Generador Geotérmico)

EMF - (Unidad EMF)

UAMF - (Unidad AMF)

Fábrica de Éter - (Materializador)

Almacén Personal - (Cofre Personal)

Teletransporte - (Teletransportador)

Tesla Coil - (Turbina de Tesla)

Mochila de CF - (Mochila de Poliuretano)

Célula Biológica - (Biocelda)

(Vacía) Lata de Combustible - (Lata de Combustible Vacía)

Éter - (Materia)

Mierda - (Chatarra)

Caja de Mierda - (Caja de Chatarra)

Esquema de Terraformer - Escalofriante - (Esquema de Terraformador - Enfriador)

(Llena) Lata de Estaño - (Lata de Estaño Llena)

Arbusto - (Grifo de Árbol)

All the "cells" should be translated as "celdas" instead of "células", célula is most commonly applied to the cells in the body of living beings; all the terraformer blueprints should say "terraformador" instead of "terraformer"; and the only term (fairly translated to Castilian) that may cause confusion with other Spanish speakers in Latin America is "mierda" from "scrap", is better to use "chatarra", because in Spain "mierda" can apply to anything useless meanwhile in LA it means "shit".

Also, you don't need to make several versions to fit the regional variations of the same language, if you use words with clear meanings, anyone who speaks Spanish will be able to understand them, for example, in Mexico we use the word "pila" more commonly than "bateria", but we all know what a "bateria" is.

• Edit completed, i changed everything as you mentioned. Download link updated as well. (now 1.1, i deleted the 1.0). Thanks for the advices ;).

• The translation is pretty good, congrats, however I would change some things ( format is current name - (name I would suggest in brackets) *Comments with an asterisk):

Turbina de Tesla - (Torre Tesla)
    Bomba Extractora - (Bomba de Extracción)
    Bola de Carbon compactada - (Bola de Carbón comprimida)
    Cable de ultra-baja tensión - (Cable de tensión Ultra-Baja) *Ultra-baja tensión is the wrong order
    Compuesto avanzado - (Aleación avanzada) *Aleación is a more accurate translation
    Hazada de bronce - (Azada de bronce) *Wrong spelling
    Láser minero - (Laser de minería)*Minero is the person
    Jetpack Electrtico - (Jetpack Eléctrico)*I guess that was just a typo
    Lingote de metal compuesto -(Lingote de metal aleado)

The ones with no comment are just because they sound more natural to me, other than that, excellent work, I like it.

Also, you don't need to make several versions to fit the regional variations of the same language, if you use words with clear meanings, anyone who speaks Spanish will be able to understand them, for example, in Mexico we use the word "pila" more commonly than "bateria", but we all know what a "bateria" is.

/agree

• The only different correction i've made is:

Lingote de Metal Compuesto => Lingote de Aleación Metálica

Also, the Electric Jetpack is already as Jetpack Eléctrico (just checked it out, the game shows it ok)

All the other advices were taken.
    Updated version already aviable.
    Thanks for the help ;)

• Actually, now that I think of it that is probably a better translation, and it does sound more natural to me.

You're welcome, I'm always happy to help out with stuff like this.

Edit: Just noticed one term you may want to change

Arbusto del caucho - (Árbol joven del caucho)*Arbusto is shrub. I think a sapling might be called "plantón" but I'm not entirely sure.

• Hmmm... as it is not just a seed, and you get it from the leaves, i called it "arbusto" as a "small tree" that needs to grow. I know that shrubs are thoose one of the dessert, just for decoration, but "rama", what would be the best translation, is not that well fixed in a common conversation... i'll probably check out spanish version of 1.1 minecraft and use the same name it is used there, to make it match (now i'm using the 1.0 due to ovbious reasons)

• Now I remember! It's not "rama", in Spain we call them "esqueje", "plantón" or "brote", pick the one you like the most. "Arbusto" is NOT the correct word for it I can tell you that for a fact, I, or anyone I know have never referred to arbuso as anything other than a shrub/bush. Now "esqueje" and "brote" can refer to any plant, while "plantón" is more specific and used for trees. Plantón is the name of the branch (rama) you place in the ground for a new tree to grow.

Now, just something I've wondered since I saw this thread, are you Spanish? I'm guessing you aren't but you never know.

• Well... everything will be done as soon as i check the 1.1 translation, but yeah, i'm spanish (check my info, zaragoza, spain)

• The 1.1 translation says "brote" but that can be used for any plant, while plantón is specific for trees. Well it's your AddOn after all, so do as you see fit.

• Then i'll use "brote" just to make it fit with the official miecraft spanish traduction (i'll wait until the alblaka's industrial craft 1.61 tough, i think it's very close now)

• Hmmm... translation was ready yesterday, but forum was offline. Now i check it out, and a new version is out... guess i'll have todo it again :P

• Oh wow a person from Spain that is wanted translate in nuetral spanish and not the "joder tio" version of spanish!

Good work. so now we need wait for make a spanish version of the wiki if the official one opens multi language version.

Saludos desde Santa Marta - Colombia

• Oh wow a person from Spain that is wanted translate in nuetral spanish and not the "joder tio" version of spanish!

Good work. so now we need wait for make a spanish version of the wiki if the official one opens multi language version.

Saludos desde Santa Marta - Colombia

Stereotypes FTW!