[BUG?] Personal safe - too easy to craft & too high blast resist

• so maybe it need to add some diamonds or/and some (compressed) obsidian? - make it more expensive.

• Yeah, but why? Reinforced stone is cheap as hell to produce in mass quantity. By the time you're ready to design reactors that need a full 3 layers of blast shielding, you probably have the materials laying around to make several dozen stacks of reinforced stone easily.

• And, like Alblaka said, note that 1 Trade-O-Mat requires 3 redstone, 8 refined iron, and 16 wooden planks, whereas 16 pieces of reinforced stone will cover five times the area with full blast protection for the cost of 16 smooth stone, 3 refined iron, 3 bronze, and 3 tin.

You guys are overlooking the fact that while the individual items have a higher blast resistance, the stone is cheap to make and covers a larger area. 1 PC or 1 ToM can cover 1 block with full blast resistance. For roughly the same cost, you can get 16 reinforced stone and cover 5 blocks 3 deep, which gives full blast resistance. 5 times the coverage for the same price...no contest.

• Anything with a very high resistance (way over reinf. stone or obsidian) except bedrock will be ignored by the explosion code to fix these exploits.

So instead you'll have random chest hovering over areas where something/one decided to nuke your entire base?

That's... very funny. I'd like to see the hilarious stories that occur with this change. :D

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• So instead you'll have random chest hovering over areas where something/one decided to nuke your entire base?

That's... very funny. I'd like to see the hilarious stories that occur with this change. :D

Heh, yea.

Alternatively, Disallow opening of personal chests that have something atop of them, like normal chests, so as to require a lot of gaps. Actually, that wont work, just requires some offsets, so yea, ignore super durabile materials.

• I think they are fine just as they are. I like embedding personal safes in the wall. It saves space and looks better (especially in RP2 marble walls) than tiered chests. So they are tough? Good. A safe should be.

• This should not be an issue period unless if your an admin... Then you should be using Bukkit version if you are and the 1000x chest protection systems and just disable this block. Really though with my players anyways if I tell them not to do something they don't. You can cheat but why bother? Just don't...

Rather these guys be fixing and adding new content not playing with drama <3

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• So instead you'll have random chest hovering over areas where something/one decided to nuke your entire base?

Every two weeks or so, I get a sudden urge to nuke my world. I back it up, and take advantage of the rocket science addon. There was this huge crater, and a random chest with a couple shielded blocks behind it.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!