Suggestion: Compilation of my own suggestions

• (I cannot believe you deleted the whole first thread based on where in the name I placed the word "suggestion" I worked for 3 hours on this thing) Is this the right way or what? How about a reply instead to clarify? like "hey you need to move the word suggestion 4 words to the left in the title or we can't read it"

This is a complication of ideas I got when playing the mod presented in as professional a way as I can

1 Make it possible to charge normal machinery using Energy Crystals.

Energy crystals should be possible to place in normal machinery for the sake of players being able to perform remote operations like operating miners in remote locations without needing to pull a cable all the way there.

1.a Make it possible to charge MFE units with Lapotron crystals:

The fact that a lapotron crystal contains the diamond from the energy crystal makes the difference between the two crystals completely arbitrary in the first place. Making it possible to place a lapotron crystal in an MFE unit would allow the MFE to serve as a generator in remote camps without the need for players to bring the very expensive MFS unit who's loss in case of an accident or creeper attack would be unacceptable

Bringing crystals to remote operation areas to keep them supplied would efficient energy is a good concept but currently you end up having to use terribly expensive equipment to perform it. Bringing an MFE and 6 energy crystals to fill it costs more than an MFS units and no one wants to build more MFS than they need so carrying one of those around would not be desirable either

2. Give luminators battery slots, make them store more power, make them drain less power and make them charge faster

Currently luminators are a great idea. I installed 4 in my base and charged then with a battery. Less than an hour they where all dark and I had a creeper in my power central.

Charging luminators take a terribly long time to do. Combine that with the fact that they run out in 40 minutes means that if you plan to use them independently, you're going to end up spending a lot of time running around charging the damned things.

2.b Give us a battery with 50.000 power.

This is a build on the aforementioned issue where I really feel that there is room and need for a battery in between the current weak RC batteries and the expensive energy crystal

I feel that the promised battery pack is insufficient unless the battery pack itself is to serve as a battery that can be placed into devises with only the option to take out the RC batteries rather than a requirement

3. Make it possible to place reactor chambers on previous mounted reactor chambers.

Lets face it. A fully upgraded nuclear reactor looks like shit. Like a freaking plus sign, its standing on one of the chambers and one of them is covering the screen. My suggestion is that you should be able to mount chambers on other chambers and have them count towards the reactors total chambers. This way you can build the reactor in the shape you like rather than the current system where only 1 shape is functional.

3.a Make it so an overheating reactor doesn't melt reinforced glass and stone.

That's it. No specific motivation on this one. I just feel like they should be able to handle it. I mean the nuclear explosion can barely get through 1 layers of the stuff so why should the heat be able to melt through 2 layers?

4. Make a high tier tool that can get into the personal safe or remove the personal safe all together

The personal safe is kind of special. It stands out from all the other items in the mod because its not an item. Its a plugin in itself. It forces chest protection on all servers running the mod regardless of whether the owner wants it or not. Its as if they added a power shield that prevented block breaking and pvp combat within a large area. It should be possible for pvp servers to run IC without having chest protection forced on them. Therefore I feel that IC should either remove the safe all together or add a high tier tool used to break into them. For example a small explosive charge made with gunpowder and other materials.

5. Give the low-focus beam on the mining laser greater range.

Currently the low focus beam has 1 less range than bare hands or a mining pick which just seems very out of place. I mean I can physically hit a block with the mining laser but the beam fire from it can't reach the same block.

5.a make the mining laser work under water.

With these 2 features the mining laser will be able to replace the drill as a mining tool.

6 Re-balance the canned food and the canning machine

The canning machine is a very viable machine in this game but not when its only purpose seems to be to make you eat your own tin. Tin is by far the most used material in the mod and making us eat it 3 bars at a time is unreasonable.

Food already stacks and have been able to stack for over 6 months. The canning machine does serve a purpose though by making it possible to stack different kinds of food together.

Here is my suggestion:

1. You should be able to make 8 tin cans for 1 tin bar.
    2. Give the canning machine room for several food items at the same time. 4 would be a good number
    3. Re-balance the amount of food required per tin can. 1 tin can should equal 4 full hunger on the hunger bar

8 cookies per tin can
    4 melon slices/raw chicken/raw fish/rotten flesh per tin can
    2 apple/raw pork/raw beef/bread per tin can
    1 Cooked chicken/cooked pork/cooked beef per tin can
    1 cake per 2 tin cans
    1 golden apple per 3 tin cans

7. Make fuel cans more balanced when compared to charcoal

Currently 1 fuel can takes 6 coal and a lot of work to make. That is 6 real coal and not 6 charcoal. Real coal that can be used to make diamonds and carbon fibres. It provides about as much energy as 20 pieces of charcoal however it only stacks as one at a time which means that while you can only add one of these to your generator at a time. You can add 64 charcoal to the same furnace for over 3 times the energy and a fraction of the total work.

So 1 Fuel can = 76.000 Energy
    64 charcoal = 256.000 Energy

I suggest that the hydrocarbon fuel is made using 16 coal instead of 6 but that a fuel can instead grants 256.000 power or more instead of 76.000. This would mean you have to spend less time running to your generator to switch them but you also get more energy out of your precious "real" coal.

I also suggest that compressed coalclump is made with regular coal dust rather than hydrycated coal dust because that stuff is a pain in the ass to make really. With the water buckets and such

8. Make it possible to use water/lava cells for all recipes that require a bucket of water or lava

Just for simplicity really.

9. Make it possible to "program" the pump to fill water cells when placed next to the miner

Because sometimes water cells are nice to have and they are a pain to make so there should be the option to have the pump gather water, lava or both when placed next to the miner.

10. make teleportation use less power.

This is just personal preference really. I placed 2 teleporters with about 1000 blocks distance between them and then stepped on one of them just carrying average stuff, nothing special and it took 2 million electricity to make the trip. I feel that if the teleporters are to be anything other than a gimmicky thing but have real use then lowering the cost by 75% would be useful. Just personal preference though.

11. Give tesla coils basic configuration

The problem with tesla coils now is you have to press a button to zap things and they will zap the owner as easily as any enemy.

I would like it so that when you use a freqTrans on a tesla coil then the tesla coil will recognize you as friendly and not zap you when you go near it. To prevent other players from messing with the tesla coil it should be required take down and place the tesla coil again before a FreqTrans can be used on it again. It should also be possible to set the tesla coil to zap either mobs or players or both. Perhaps through the recipe you build it with or redstone current.

That's it. I'm sure I forgot about as much as I added.

• Official Post

(I cannot believe you deleted the whole first thread based on where in the name I placed the word "suggestion" I worked for 3 hours on this thing) Is this the right way or what? How about a reply instead to clarify? like "hey you need to move the word suggestion 4 words to the left in the title or we can't read it"

Forum Rules are Forum Rules. No exceptions.

1 Make it possible to charge normal machinery using Energy Crystals.

Some machines accept Energy Crystals, those who don't are meant to be powered by cables.
    Setting up MFE+LVTrans for a whole array of miners isn't overly complicated is it?

1.a Make it possible to charge MFE units with Lapotron crystals:

As above, tiers are seperated intentionally. This is a wanted gameplay concept and i don't see any valid reason to change it.

2. Give luminators battery slots, make them store more power, make them drain less power and make them charge faster

Rightclick a luminator with a baterry to charge it, it's actually faster then opening a guy and placing a single battery inside.
    As well, a rework to make rightclick charging faster/instant is already implemented in next release.

2.b Give us a battery with 50.000 power.

PRobably something expensive with gold and stuff? Considering it, some suggestions in this direction could be neat.

3. Make it possible to place reactor chambers on previous mounted reactor chambers.

I actually like the current shape... that's all personal taste i guess.
    Rewriting the code to the change you suggested would be possible, but i actually prefer the intuitive "i enlarge a Reactor by placing specific blocks around it" design.

3.a Make it so an overheating reactor doesn't melt reinforced glass and stone.

Valid point a melting bringing more destruction then the actual explosion... probably should adjust the heat effects to the later explosion size.

4. Make a high tier tool that can get into the personal safe or remove the personal safe all together

Not gonna come.
    As well, if people an server really abuse PCs as undestructable building material, you should probably question the admin of the server...

5. Give the low-focus beam on the mining laser greater range.

Isn't intended, it should have the exactly same range.

5.a make the mining laser work under water.

Nope, heat-ray + water = poof.

6 Re-balance the canned food and the canning machine

Food already stacks and have been able to stack for over 6 months. The canning machine does serve a purpose though by making it possible to stack different kinds of food together.

Tin is by far the most used material in the mod and making us eat it 3 bars at a time is unreasonable.

You're new to minecraft? Food-stacking was originally not in the game (they added it about 1.7-1.8 i guess, ~2 months ago) and thus the original purpouse of the Canner was to stack food.
    Now it's providing extremely high-nutrient food (something a player without source-knowledge probably won't notice). Just compare the speed your hungre bar decreases, whilst only eating canned food vs bread.
    As well, you're not eating your tin, tin cans (should) drop after consuming their content.

7. Make fuel cans more balanced when compared to charcoal

Yes, it takes time... but consider the fact you only need 6 coal, not 64.
    And if you convert all 64 (60) coal into fuel, you will gain 750.000 EU.

Time vs energy efficiency.

As well, fuel will have an important distinctive function in a future concept.

8. Make it possible to use water/lava cells for all recipes that require a bucket of water or lava

Mind calling out which ones we did miss?

9. Make it possible to "program" the pump to fill water cells when placed next to the miner

You know, place the pump above a infinite water source and it will happyly pump away?

10. make teleportation use less power.

Compare the amount of time you would have ned to
    -Travel the 1000 blocks by foot
    -build a whole minecart transit across 1000 blocks
    Paying loads of EU to save time is entirely valid to me and 2 Million for a casual inventory + 1000 blocks sounds fine as well.

11. Give tesla coils basic configuration

I agree, it DOES need a rework.
    Will probably merge it with the Turret-idea if i implement the "Industrium Conflict" Addon.

• Forum Rules are Forum Rules. No exceptions.

Well I think you're taking it too far none the less. Rule should existing to serve a purpose and not for their own sake.

Rewriting the code to the change you suggested would be possible, but i actually prefer the intuitive "i enlarge a Reactor by placing specific blocks around it" design.

The problem with it is it limits the reactor to one design only. (wood =empty space, nuke=chamber, Furnace=Reactor)

:Rubber Log: :Nuke TNT: :Rubber Log:
    :Nuke TNT: :Induction Furnace: :Nuke TNT:
    :Rubber Log: :Nuke TNT: :Rubber Log:

Maybe I want a reactor that looks like this

:Nuke TNT: :Electric Furnace: :Nuke TNT:
    :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:

or this

:Induction Furnace: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:

or even

:Rubber Log::Induction Furnace: :Nuke TNT: :Rubber Log:
    :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT:

Or any design where I can have the console visible.

Not gonna come.
    As well, if people an server really abuse PCs as undestructable building material, you should probably question the admin of the server...

No no no. That's not my point. What I mean is that chest protection should be optional for the server. I run a pvp server that should not have a chest protection and I'm opening another server named Industrial Warfare that is to run IC but I can't as long as it comes with an automated chest protection. I feel that a feature like that should be easily customizable for the admin and not forces on us.

You're new to minecraft? Food-stacking was originally not in the game (they added it about 1.7-1.8 i guess, ~2 months ago) and thus the original purpouse of the Canner was to stack food.
    Now it's providing extremely high-nutrient food (something a player without source-knowledge probably won't notice). Just compare the speed your hungre bar decreases, whilst only eating canned food vs bread.
    As well, you're not eating your tin, tin cans (should) drop after consuming their content.

I'm really, really sure that food stacking came with the hunger feature somewhere in the summer of 2011.

Yes, it takes time... but consider the fact you only need 6 coal, not 64.
    And if you convert all 64 (60) coal into fuel, you will gain 750.000 EU.

Time vs energy efficiency.

Yeah it does take time but I believe the time vs energy formula is strongly against fuel. Plus it being 6 means it doesn't go well with the minecraft divisional by 64 formula so you always get stuck with extra coal cells. Anyway

Lets say you want to make 256.000 energy. The same as a stack of charcoal.

You start with 18 coal, put them all in the macerator.
    Once done you hydrate the coal with the infernal water buckets.
    Then put the result in the compressor
    Combine with empty cells (burning tin for fuel)
    put that result in the extractor
    then put that result in the canning machine and return every few seconds to take out the unstackable cans.
    On top of that you have to manually switch the 3 fuel cans in your generator to get the total energy.

Now compare that to just taking the chainsaw and going at a rubber tree (or even a regular tree). You will return with an inventory full of wood in 8 minutes. Toss it in the induction furnace and you have like 800 charcoal and I promise you it took less time and work than making 3 cans of gasoline and it wont use up precious real coal in the process and you can stack 256.000 energy in one item slot and one generator burning window.

That's why I think fuel cans should be balanced to 4-8-16 per use and have their energy output adjusted as well

You know, place the pump above a infinite water source and it will happyly pump away?

Yeah but that's cheating. Just my opinion though but I never approved of abusing the infinite water thing

I do appreciate you taking the time to review the list.

• Official Post

Well I think you're taking it too far none the less. Rule should existing to serve a purpose and not for their own sake.

Rule's reasoning is organization if threads are moved to the archive. The Tags in front of the threadnames are the only idnicator for the general-topic of a thread.
    As well, the rule serves as filter to easyly dispose threads created by people who don't read forum rules and thus most likely don't read anything either (thus any bugs/support requests posted are most likely answered already and as well there's a good chances suggestions made by them are already in the forum). Hard philosophy, but it turns out amazingly right in most, but trivially not all, cases.

The problem with it is it limits the reactor to one design only.

Yes, i did understand that point. No need to illustrate it for dummys.

No no no. That's not my point. What I mean is that chest protection should be optional for the server. I run a pvp server that should not have a chest protection and I'm opening another server named Industrial Warfare that is to run IC but I can't as long as it comes with an automated chest protection. I feel that a feature like that should be easily customizable for the admin and not forces on us.

THIS does make more sense, actually.
    Will put a note on the worklist to add a config option for optional crafting of chests.

I'm really, really sure that food stacking came with the hunger feature somewhere in the summer of 2011.

My bad, it's really 4+ month already. Amusing how you don't notice the months passing by XD Sorry for my missinterpretation, if you play minecraftfor years you kinda loose track of when which update occured.
    Remaining points still apply though.

That's why I think fuel cans should be balanced to 4-8-16 per use and have their energy output adjusted as wel

Got it point somewhere, but as i've said, there will be a new, much more important consumant for fuel, not replaceable by anything else and making it mandatory. Probably it will be rebalanced then as well.

Yeah but that's cheating. Just my opinion though but I never approved of abusing the infinite water thing

You're the first guy i've heard of to clame infinite water is a cheat, lol.
    And on the other hand above you just complained about how easy it is to harvest infinite charcoal... and that's not cheating then ? :P

• Na I don't consider charcoal cheating since it still takes real work through the full time of gathering it and if you're running some serious machinery then the charcoal will get eaten pretty fast none the less but I ended up switching from charcoal to gasoline back to charcoal because of the extra work the gasoline was to make and the constant switching of cans in the generator.

Plus I really hate chopping wood. Thankfully the mining laser set to explosive will chop up a rubber tree in about 4 shots. Ironic how the mining laser replaces the chainsaw but not the diamond drill huh ;)

As for infinite water I don't mind it in the form of a well where one uses buckets but placing a pump above 1 block of water and having it churn out hundreds of water cells does feel like cheating and since the miner is bound to pass through water anyway then it only makes sense to have the option to gather it.

As for the personal safe. Is there any way for me to disable it so I can finally launch my server? its been sitting there for a week now just ticking hosting fees with no one being able to play on it.

• Oh right an on the topic of gasoline cans. A way for Industrial Craft to make use of the oil wells that build craft add. You already have the miner and pump. All that is needed is some application for crude and refined oil. I mena those build craft machines look like they where built out of lego and the whole piping system is inefficient and dangerous. The engines are more unstable and dangerous than the nuclear reactor.

• A small note, because Canned Food is already mentioned. There are no canned Melons mentioned in the Wiki, but since there are apples melons should be fine too, guess they either aren't in the wiki, or aren't implemented yet. I guess we won't get canned Spider-Eyes, since you can eat them, but without brewing they are totally useless and it would be cool to do something with them (actually I got a suggestion out of this^^).

Not gonna copy BC's fuel tanks.

I certainly hope not. Those things look ridiculous and are unintuitive. But pumping and using oil is great.

A small note, because Canned Food is already mentioned. There are no canned Melons mentioned in the Wiki, but since there are apples melons should be fine too, guess they either aren't in the wiki, or aren't implemented yet. I guess we won't get canned Spider-Eyes, since you can eat them, but without brewing they are totally useless and it would be cool to do something with them (actually I got a suggestion out of this^^).

Maybe the canned melon recipe is secret like the UU-mass recipes.