640 EU/t timed reactor, how do I transfer power to my storage?

• I'm using this reactor design:
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…i=1k101010114010101001019

I'm allowing it to run for 15 seconds, cooling it down inactive for 7 minutes, well within my time frame. My old reactor outputted significantly less EU/t than this one and I left the glass fiber cabling attached to it and let it run for one cycle (15 seconds) :!: Danger!. According to the EU meter i was getting ~640 EU/t on glass fiber cables. Also I thought I read somewhere that reactor output ticks were capped somehow, does this still apply or am I reading too much and remembering too little?

According to the wiki this should not be allowed and it should break them @ above 512 (i'm glad it didn't)

Question 1: Is this one of those "combined" EU packets and not single pulse situations?

If not:
    Question 2: How do i get the output of my reactor to storage safely?

Ideally I would use a HV transformer and take it down to 512 Eu/t then input that into a MFS. I just sadly don't know how transformers work that well, do they save the excess energy inside while they are dormant. I would hate to lose all that power because of the cycling effect of my reactor.

Thanks gents!

• Use an HVTF to step it down to 512 / other sized packets. Connect the output cable to your storage unit. Your MFSU (you are using one at this stage yes?) will soak up all sent packets and release at 512 eU/t.

• I don't understand why someone would even want to run a 640 EU/t reactor for 15 seconds and need it to cool it off for 7 minutes. So over 435 seconds (8700 ticks), you get 192000 EU.
    That's an average of less than 23 EU/t. You could get FAR more than that consistently from a safe Mark I reactor. Even the most basic 2-cell reactor will give you 40 EU/t.

• I intend to run this reactor setup because it is more efficient on the uranium. I don't have intense power needs for burst power and my reactor literally supplements my power grid. I will use a HVT to step down, hope i don't lose any packets :(

Thanks gents

• I suppose that's true... I just never really consider that because uranium has never seemed scarce to me. I've got nearly 3 stacks' surplus in less than 3 weeks of playing this world.
    It's definitely an efficient reactor... but very risky.

• If you can run a reactor so resource intensive as to have almost a full perimeter of HDs and 16 uranium cells, you should be drowning in uranium by now. (Unless you cheated materials, in which case why care about efficiency?) If you want to be frugal with your uranium, just make depleted isotope cells and then enrich them with coal.

OT: just use an HV transformer to step it down to 512 EU/t, and then send it through glass fibre. Make sure you have it so the 3-dotted end is facing towards the reactor, feed it RS, and hook up your cable.