[Suggestion] A new transformer and maybe new wire

• I have been building a power plant and distribution network for SMP.
    And as you might understand there is a loot of energyflow through those wires. I am currenctly using EV and, it is still quite allot energy loss.
    I suggest we get a get a new level, UH! (which is Ultra high). Which converts 2048 EU to 8192 and vice versa.
    Then we might need a new wire. This wire will have an insane loss if we use 512 EU packets, but if we use 8192 packets we have for example 5 eu/t loss every 10 block.
    The wire/cable will be very cheap, but the transformator will be expensive!
    Recipies:
    Cable(Tin=iron):
    :Rubber: :Rubber: :Rubber:
    :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot: :Tin Ingot:
    :Rubber: :Rubber: :Rubber:
    =16 UH cable

Transformer:
    :HV-Transformer: :Energy Crystal: :HV-Transformer:
    :Coolant Cell: :Advanced Machine: :Coolant Cell:
    :HV-Transformer: :Energy Crystal: :HV-Transformer:
    =1 UH Tranformer

This would be very helpfull for SMP servers, and maybe it should be an addon since this is something that only a few of us need. If this idea is something someone wan't to code, I can try to balance this more.
    What you think? It would be very usefull! :) Have a nice day!

• Hmm... could really be useful for servers. I would guess that compressing smaller packets into one large would reduce lag. So this is also a reason for server's to use it (or I'm wrong with that guess).

But the cable should change, use Alloy and Redstone maybe, for something futuristic, tin is a to realistic approache for such a cable.

• 1.The recipe is already used by the HV Cable

2. A HV Cable has a loss of 1EU/t per block
    Your cable has a loss of 0.5 EU/t
    It should have a loss of 2-4 EU/t

3. EV is already good enough

He might mean normal iron, not refined.

An HV cable has a loss of 1 EU/p per block.
    (S)he said the cable has a loss of 0.5 EU/t/block, which doesn't tell us anything about the EP/p/block.

Almost certainly. You can go 1024 blocks with an uninsulated HV cable before you get to 50% loss, and this is well beyond the chunk loading range.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

1. No, the HV cable uses refined iron

2. It was just an example

3. Nah, depends on what you are powering, distanced for example

Hmm... could really be useful for servers. I would guess that compressing smaller packets into one large would reduce lag. So this is also a reason for server's to use it (or I'm wrong with that guess).

But the cable should change, use Alloy and Redstone maybe, for something futuristic, tin is a to realistic approache for such a cable.

Yep, that's what I first though.
    And yes, that is true. The lag is also reduced if everyone uses a powerplant instead of solar flowers on every house.

I wrote that tin is iron. FOr realistic purpuse it should be aluminium, but since we don't have that I chose iron, but a change might be good. What do you think wheen you write alloy? Advanced alloy?

• Official Post

(S)he said the cable has a loss of 0.5 EU/t/block, which doesn't tell us anything about the EP/p/block.

If you're going that route:
    0.5 EU/t would mean "1 EU all 2 cables per tick, regardless of the number of packages sent", thus
    0.5 EU/t is even LESS loss then 0.5EU/"p" and even more inbalanced.

Agreed to the guy above you, 2 EU loss per block would me wthin the scheme (4x capacity, 2x loss = 2x efficiency).

Don't see a real reason to introduce an even higher voltage level though.

Don't see a real reason to introduce an even higher voltage level though.

If we could get somebody to update Energy Coupler addon, we wouldn't have to worry about this.. since with BC + Additional Pipes you can teleport energy around at much lower losses...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• I think I should rise the white flag... Hehe :)

Yes, after a little more thinking you are right, all of you.

Since so few people need this it's no reason to take more blockID and coding time. This should have been a addon suggestion instead.
    Next time I think more before I post, hehe :)
    Thanks for replies everyone!