Suggestion: EU/Item teleportation modes for teleporter.

• Official Post

Make teleporter have more two teleporting modes. [by opening a gui on teleporter and choosing mode]

Energy teleport mode:
    It would send ALL energy on adjacent MFSU/MFE to
    other teleporter (the power would go to its adjacent mfsu/mfe) at the cost of 10-25% [Distance cost]

Item teleport mode:
    it would send any items that are thrown on portal particles at the cost of item teleportation (IC² wiki).
    Edit: inside any adjacent chest to destination teleporter.

• That could be useful for resupplying remote areas...

Megacity+ :MFS-Unit: :Glass Fibre: :Teleporter: + outpost+ :MFS-Unit: :Teleporter: + Freqtrans= Happypoweredface

:Mining Laser: HEADSHOT :Mining Laser:
    For the record "Sibire" is pronounced "sighbeer", not "cyber", "sib-ere" or "sigh-bire".

• /signed

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

Both ideas appear useful.
    The chest thingy is probably easy to implement, we just add a minor recoding to make a teleporter being redstoned teleport CHESTS on it's top to another teleporter.
    > Itemtransfer.

The energy thing could be slightly more complex to control (as you said, it would require some sort of toggle), will have to check our options to edit GUIs to that degree.

• it may teleport items just like any other Entity object, to prevent user teleportation water flow can be used, this will allow to teleport items without any additional code, singe instanceof check and cost calculation.

• Both ideas appear useful.
    The chest thingy is probably easy to implement, we just add a minor recoding to make a teleporter being redstoned teleport CHESTS on it's top to another teleporter.
    > Itemtransfer.

The energy thing could be slightly more complex to control (as you said, it would require some sort of toggle), will have to check our options to edit GUIs to that degree.

How about a "Block-Teleporter" you could teleport Chests for Item-Transport or a BatBox for Energy-Transport. Energy-Transport still sounds weird, because for longer distance you would need like 10 EU to Teleport 1 EU.

• Official Post

Or make teleporter accept energy inputs like this :MFS-Unit::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Teleporter:-------------------------------------------------------------------:Teleporter::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::Glass Fibre::MFS-Unit:
    ____________________________________________MFSU Output: 512 EU/t_____________25% is used on teleportation_____________ Teleporter Output: 384 EU/t

• If it could teleport entities, it could teleport signs & chests and such, but how would it calc the price? EX: Chest = player, then per each item in chest like the inv? I don't know, but it sounds pretty cool :P (hmm, what if there was a teleporting wire for electricity...?)

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

I would imagine researching some of the features in zeldo's Additional Pipes could solve this problem, as I doubt the 'stream' of BC energy being moved from place to place has to work in some similar principle as EU transfer via teleportation. (I'm aware of the differences, but still, there are some similarities between systems)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• If it could teleport entities, it could teleport signs & chests and such, but how would it calc the price? EX: Chest = player, then per each item in chest like the inv? I don't know, but it sounds pretty cool :P (hmm, what if there was a teleporting wire for electricity...?)

Signs and chests are tile entities, which are not entities (although they are similarly named). Teleporting chests could be useful too though.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.