Suggestion: Some kind of Miner update.

• I'm starting to get tied of the miner system. I guess I'm becoming and old fart and not enjoying moving them around none stop. I been so tired of it I don't even bother doing Diamond Drills so I can actually take a nice break between it hehe. I would love to see more compact systems and or longer systems offering a greater range of distance.

Could do something like 16. That would be 3.1 timers larger area but make it a lot slower and make that babe be a energy drain. I rather spend more time working with the energy part of things then have to spend all day wrench wrench place place wrench wrench place haha.

I hope this is not just me getting bored of the miners. I mean I am starting to place BC quarries at level 20-30 now for more excitement lol.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Probably some sort of long-range scanner? Would need a rewrite of the miner code, i think.

Yeah that would be really nice. Something nasty and not as easy to make. Few diamonds haha. I think it be nice to soon see a new Superior Chip ;) Since everyone loves chips haha.

• Official Post

I would like two new items for miner:

OreFinding scanner:

Recipe: :Electronic Circuit:= Advanced Circuit :Industrial Diamond:= Diamond/Industrial Diamond
    :Electronic Circuit::Industrial Diamond::Electronic Circuit:
    :Electronic Circuit::OD Scanner::Electronic Circuit:
    :Electronic Circuit::Energy Crystal::Electronic Circuit:

Miner tier3 scanner.
    Rightclicking with it on a block shows all ores [and quantity] that are nearby it. [11x1x11]

Reading: Cx Cx Tx Gx Rx Lx Ix Ux Dx

C : Coal ore / Copper ore
    T : Tin ore
    G : Gold ore
    R : Redstone ore
    L: Lapis lazuli ore
    I: Iron ore
    U: Uranium ore
    D: Diamond ore
    x: quantity of ore in range

Searches ores in a range of 11x11 inside miner.

Iridium drill :

Recipe: :Intergrated Plating:= air :Electronic Circuit:= Advanced circuit :Mining Drill:= Diamond drill
    :Intergrated Plating::Iridium::Intergrated Plating:
    :Iridium::Electronic Circuit::Iridium:
    :Iridium::Mining Drill::Iridium:
    Miner tier3 drill , its too heavy for Steve to use. [since iridium is the second most dense substance]
    Mines 2x faster than diamond drill, at the cost of even more energy

Energy cost with OF scanner and Iridium drill : 100 EU/t [this making miner accept up to MV]

• Official Post

I consider type of ores should not show in the scanner. Also if iridium its the second most dense material, how come we can wear a full suit of it with no problems? >.>

ok you got me, but that was just an excuse to make Steve NOT use tier3 drill or it would be overpowered.

• I just want to put out. Hooking up even 10 miners and standing there vs hand mining. Hand mining still owns so yeah don't give mining by hand a reason to even be more useful haha.

• ok you got me, but that was just an excuse to make Steve NOT use tier3 drill or it would be overpowered.

Why not make it portable, just make it drain 20000EU/sec. So u can run it like 15 sec with a lap pack. It will break obsidian in 0.25 sec (?), this might make it interresting.

• Well i was saving these ideas, but might as well put them here:

Advanced MIner: A mix between a Chest, A pump and a miner. It can be powered directly by Energy Crystals (Not lapotron), it has a Internal inventory for cells (empty/water/lava) and mined ores (In case a tubes or a chest isnt nearby), original size 3x3 but it can change. It consumes a little more energy than the regular miner.

The Gui will look mostly like the Miner one, 4 slots to the left to put the drill, mining tubes, the Energy crystal slot and the OD/OV Scanner Slot and the Lightning Icon showing it got power + Progress Bar like the Pump showing when its ready to pull liquids (Miner consumes energy while mining and while preparing the pump) + the 3x3 Inventory Slots.

Recipe: Miner + Pump + Chest (Regular or Personal maybe) + Advanced Machine Block + Advanced Circuit.

Miner on Wheels: Its basically a Miner on a Minecart, can be put on Rails and move itself (One direction that its determined at the moment of placing, also consumes power when moving) and Stops to mine when it receives a Redstone signal (Pressure Rails to make checkpoints), Once the miner touches a Bedrock Block it starts to retract itself to become ready for its next destination and emits a Redstone signal when its done packing (Useful if you load a second minecart with a chest and want to send that minecart to base, but it may necesary to use a counter or flipflop circuit or something), to avoid the miner to break the rail hes currently in, the mining tube will move in one of 4 directions looking for a space with no rail to dig.

Recipe: Minecart + Miner/Advanced Miner (Look above) + Mining Tube (For the tube moving in one of the 4 direction thingy). When you break the Cart you will get the Miner and Cart Only.

• Alabaka, Please take this ideas and make something good, like new iridium scanner 30x30, or a new miner with crystal acception, or both :P and we will start kissing your footprints :thumbup:
    I dont think we need to scaner find out wich ores are in bottom (besides you can use config file and find there is a dimond ore, but it is booring and cheating )
    P.s also we need some item teleportation, power teleportation and maybe portable teleporter
    Also as server owner i would like an option to make it a litle bit hardcore, i remember in IC1 you could make mashines drain x4 power,
    or at least make option to disable Sun wind and water infinitive generators because on server they can fill mfsu in 1 day with no problem :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: