[Addon 1.43] RPIC - EU/blutricity power converters and a new blutric generator

• Quick recipe guide

The first and second recipe are for the blutric heater, with two different kinds of copper.
    The third recipe is for a blutric energy transformer (the 3-dot one).
    The fourth recipe is for a blutric energy balancer (the 1-dot one).
    The last two recipes are shapeless, and make melon batteries.

Requirements
    Requires BC 2.2.11 (for some of the heater effects), IC2 1.43, RP2 Pr4c (requires Core, Machine and Wiring), and MC 1.0.0/1.0.1. Incompatible with HD texture packs.
    I haven't done much SMP testing, because MCP is annoying. Please report any bugs you find here.

Config file
    The default ID conflicts with BC's legacy pipe block. You can disable that in BC's config (it's not needed unless you want to load maps from old versions of BC) or change it in my config.

You stole Eloraam's textures!
    If you open the zip you'll find no RedPower textures in there. The mod will read the textures from RP Machine, and combine them with its own texture file (which contains no content from other mods). It also reads the melon texture from terrain.png and blends it with the RP battery box texture to make the melon battery texture.

Your textures are ugly anyway!
    I can't sprite for human excrement, so I just rearranged some RP textures. If you have better textures, feel free to send them to me.

Description
    Have you ever wanted to convert between blutricity, EU's and BuildCraft energy? Well, now you can!

With our patented T-9001 Blutric Heating Device, made by combining a normal blutric furnace with some copper and iron to conduct heat, and some blue alloy to increase its current carrying capacity, you'll be able to use all that blutricity your solar panels are producing to actually do things! This thing needs a LOT of blutricity. If one solar panel produced 300 units of power, then one of these things can take over 9000! may depend on devices being heated
    The interactions between blue alloy filaments and non-vanilla devices are not yet well understood, but our research suggests they will do nothing at all to vanilla devices. But that's crazy, who would build machines out of vanilla? Is it vanila ice cream? Who cares, HAYO!
    Especially not known is what happens when you put one next to a watermill, and we highly do not recommend finding out, as water could leak into the mechanism and short it out causing the machine to explode, HAYO!

Aside from the inherently inefficient process of converting blutric power into heat and that heat into EU's, we have also discovered a unique property of blue alloy which allows it to convert EU's to blutricity and vice versa when combined with some storage and circuitry! We think it might only output EUs when provided some sort of signal - we haven't quite worked that out yet. But for now, get your own X9 Blutric Energy Transformer today. Be warned that outputting the EUs produced into a batbox or machine may cause it to explode, HAYO! We weren't able to make this technology 100% efficient, either.

For people who like useless things, the Blutric Energy Balancer! By combining two transformers in opposite directions with some wiring and circuitry, you get a transformer that can convert energy in both directions at once! We haven't worked out any practical use for this device, but I'm sure there's something, so we're throwing in this device FOR FREE! That's right, pay nothing extra and get the Blutric Energy Balancer with this mod! (What's a mod? I don't know and I don't care, HAYO!)

But that's not all! As well as all these machines for converting energy, we've also added another generator. What do you do when your base is underground and you need blutricity? Previously, people have resorted to running long wires and carrying batteries around, but those are annoying and give away the location of your base! Our scientists think blutricity could be generated from a temperature difference sometime in the future, but trying to combine that technology with our current EU systems causes the universe to crash. Crash into what? Good question! So we developed the Melon Battery! Simply craft one by sticking red and blue alloy electrodes into a melon, in any arrangement, and place it next to another melon to generate a tiny amount of blutricity! We also discovered that iron works just as well as red alloy.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• It's also the first mod I've made, so hopefully it works properly. Nothing has a GUI, because I don't know how to use them, and I also don't want to waste GUI IDs just to display a charge level.

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Will give this a shot soon, for sure.

And I noticed something; was the "Melon Battery" a throw at the ol' potato battery experiment? Oh, and for some reason when I was reading it, all I could see in my mind was GLaDOS as a potato attached to the ASPHD (Portal Gun)...

EDIT: Once, I get my video software working, I'll work out a movie for this.

• Will give this a shot soon, for sure.

And I noticed something; was the "Melon Battery" a throw at the ol' potato battery experiment? Oh, and for some reason when I was reading it, all I could see in my mind was GLaDOS as a potato attached to the ASPHD (Portal Gun)...

EDIT: Once, I get my video software working, I'll work out a movie for this.

Yes, and because someone suggested blutric melon batteries in the RP2 thread. RP2 almost certainly isn't getting them, so I thought I might as well add them here!

Battery snot included.

• Well, you got your first bug:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: input == null!
    at javax.imageio.ImageIO.read(Unknown Source)
    at immibis.rpic.mod_RPIC.readTextureSlot(mod_RPIC.java:120)
    at immibis.rpic.mod_RPIC.OnTickInGame(mod_RPIC.java:179)
    at ModLoader.OnTick(ModLoader.java:1119)
    at EntityRendererProxy.b(EntityRendererProxy.java:16)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.x(SourceFile:738]
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(SourceFile:658]
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It's your add-on, I made sure I have the right versions, and made sure it loaded after IC, BC, and RP.

The square brackets are just brackets used to avoid the smilies.

• The idea of a melon battery always reminds me of that scene in Buckaroo Banzai, where Jeff Goldblum and Clancy Brown are moving through the lab...

• Yeah, I have the exact same bug as well. Anyone successfully using this mod?

• MCP didn't include my texture file when recompiling. I've reuploaded the client with the fix - it's still version 1.0.

Battery snot included.

• I for one don't use converters but I must say way to go and wonderful you included SMP for your first one. I hope to see other creations in the future from you ;) If you ever looking to create anything I think some the biggest suggestions would be to bring back an electric treesap again :)

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I wasn't consulted and didn't give permission for this mod.

In fact, I've specifically disallowed any energy-conversion mod for Blutricity. I have my own plans in mind for that.

Please remove it.

• You do know that RedPower2 PR5 was already likely going to include BT/EU transformers? She *really* hates it (I mean absolutely hates it) when someone makes an addon to redpower that overlaps future functionality.

Wow... ninja'd by the very one I spoke of...

• I wasn't consulted and didn't give permission for this mod.

In fact, I've specifically disallowed any energy-conversion mod for Blutricity. I have my own plans in mind for that.

Please remove it.

This is not Red Power Forums and SOPA Free Site.

You do know that RedPower2 PR5 was already likely going to include BT/EU transformers? She *really* hates it (I mean absolutely hates it) when someone makes an addon to redpower that overlaps future functionality.

Wow... ninja'd by the very one I spoke of...

Corner of your mouth, wipe it.

• Ah, but still under full affect for WIPO. You did see that it said she was 'unregistered' right?

Elaborate?

Please don't use Minecraft. Consider it a fair and free internet. If you guys are going be jackasses and Nazi's then we should not even have the rights to mod Minecraft let alone Make addons for IC/RP/BC. If Eloraam wants to be crazy fine. Till she can prove and send some lawyers over I don't give a crap nor should the OP. She is monopolizing Minecraft with her mod preventing or lets say making people not want to create anything like it and that is what is really unfair.

Eloraam is good at what she does but shes not loyal to her fans and followers. Her way or the highway and I'm sorry but that is not how it works in this community. We work as a family a team and we customize things the way we like for our players or personal enjoyment.

So TBH I rather see Redpower removed from Minecraft so I can get on with my enjoyment and try out the next big thing that allows people to create cool addons for games.

• Ah, but still under full affect for WIPO. You did see that it said she was 'unregistered' right?

Elaborate?

Please don't use Minecraft. Consider it a fair and free internet. If you guys are going be jackasses and Nazi's then we should not even have the rights to mod Minecraft let alone Make addons for IC/RP/BC. If Eloraam wants to be crazy fine. Till she can prove and send some lawyers over I don't give a crap nor should the OP. She is monopolizing Minecraft with her mod preventing or lets say making people not want to create anything like it and that is what is really unfair.

Her 'costs' for making and releasing a very complex mod for free is simple, do not touch the code and do not bug Eloraam, how is that bad? She has spent a great amount of time on RedPower when she could be working on her own engine. It is a work of art and she has far expansive plans for it far off into the future. She has even allowed a mod to use RedPower code, but it was *well* discussed with her first and it has no overlapping functionality.

Eloraam is good at what she does but shes not loyal to her fans and followers. Her way or the highway and I'm sorry but that is not how it works in this community. We work as a family a team and we customize things the way we like for our players or personal enjoyment.

She is exceedingly loyal, yet we also follow her *very* simple rules, hence you must not be.

So TBH I rather see Redpower removed from Minecraft so I can get on with my enjoyment and try out the next big thing that allows people to create cool addons for games.

RedPower adds a lot of useful and basic functionality that make mods, such as IC2 here, all the more fun. It enhances Minecraft to something it should already have, why would you want to get rid of it? Kind of like FC with BTW, his mod was actually quite nice, but he removed it from considerations (since I play with IC2 and RP), made MC worse over all, and you want to repeat that with the last big 'natural enhancement mod'?

Basically Eloraam has stated *multiple* times and in *multiple* places that one of the last things that she would want to happen would be for someone to make a power conversion mode with BT and anything else as she has quite extensive plans for that already in play. The person at the OP of this thread did not respect that.

• Official Post

As requested by the original mod owner of RP, downloads removed + locked.

Given i didn't state any explicit rules inthis regard, OP will not receive anything but a "Don't do that again!", i'll however add an Addon-Rule in this regard.
    If somebody says you're not to mess with his code, don't do, at least not whilst releasing the mess to public.