Suggestion: Vortex energy storage unit

• Vortex energy storage unit (VESU) is unstable energy storage and teleportation device.

Unlike any other energy storage currently implemented it have unlimited storage and unlimited input.
    Output is 32 eu per side (5 sides total)

Single input side and 5 output sides.

Energy storage is shared over every VESU linked (with freqtrans or some other means).

Ability to teleport energy cost 0.05% of total energy stored per tick and 50% of input. (to charge VESU you need 2 times more energy)

Something like this will allow to charge remote teleportation platforms or provide power to remote mining stations without too much clicks but wont allow players to ignore wiring due hurge energy loss.

Energy drain will prevent use of VESU as unlimited energy storage, ever CASUS reactor with 2400 output wont charge VESU more then 120 000 EU due energy decay.

Recipe - MSU + HVTrans*2 + lapis blocks*6 == 2 VESU

• Ok, i have 2000EU/t CASUC and i want to connect it to VESU. I do so and i lose 50% of input to teleport energy ? Wouldn't it be easier to just put long HV cable and lose maybe up to 500EU/t (distance 625 blocks) ? And i vould use additional 50EU/t as teleportation cost. Even if you want to transmit energy over 1000 blocks it would be more effective than this. On the other hand, HV cable would be expensive as hell.

• Hmmmmm 50%? Infinite storage is good, but I'm not willing to waste that much, maybe just loss of 20%? MinecraftSkeleton

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• In case of ~1000 units distance it wouldnt be bad. Infinite amount of energy is too much though, it needs less loss and an energy limit (50-100M maybe?)

• In case of ~1000 units distance it wouldnt be bad. Infinite amount of energy is too much though, it needs less loss and an energy limit (50-100M maybe?)

Thing is, with 0.XX% loss every tick it's not even close to infinite. Given you have 2000EU/t input and 0.01% EU storage loss, you wont be able to go past 20M EU because you will lose 2000EU every tick, which is actually all your input. With 32EU/t, you will stay stuck at 320 000 EU.

• Anything that says "infinite energy storage" is a bit beside the semi-realistic approach of IC2, in my opinion. Storing energy is actually a horrendously difficult task in real life...

• Anything that says "infinite energy storage" is a bit beside the semi-realistic approach of IC2, in my opinion. Storing energy is actually a horrendously difficult task in real life...

It's ridiculously simple if you happen to have a brain. Generator designed to run on perfect ratios of liquid hydrogen to liquid oxygen, and electrolysis. True, you will have some loss, but you always have loss.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• It's ridiculously simple if you happen to have a brain. Generator designed to run on perfect ratios of liquid hydrogen to liquid oxygen, and electrolysis. True, you will have some loss, but you always have loss.

I would totally love you for telling me how simple it actually is. You can go full lingo/tecnic/jargon on the wording i dont mind as long as it makes sense.

• I would totally love you for telling me how simple it actually is. You can go full lingo/tecnic/jargon on the wording i dont mind as long as it makes sense.

agreed... there's zero way to achieve "infinite energy storage" without an infinite source of water and an infinite place to put them. Two things that are quite impossible.