Support Answer: IC² v1.62 & RedPower Machine V2.0pr4d conflict

• This is not a support request as I've already solved my problem. However I'm posting the solution in the event that others come across the issue in the next few hours/days. Forgive me if this is in the wrong section.

Running IC² v1.62 with RedPower Machine V2.0pr4d causes a conflict.

Block 250 exists. This means we need to go into the IC2's config and change blockMachine=250 to something else. You can find the config in %appdata%/.minecraft/config/IC2.cfg

Open the file up in your favorite text editor, find the blockMachine=250 line and change the 250 to an ID that is not being used by anything else.
    The way I found an ID that wasn't being used was to load up minecraft without IC², but with NEI loaded. Then I looked through the item list for an available ID. I then did the same with IC² loaded and without RedPower Machine just to confirm that the ID wasn't being used.

• The conflict is detected by Redpower. And the error-gives a hint.

Just go to the redpower-config and enable autoassign. Oh... and don't use notepad.

• I would much prefer it if the major Forge mods could get together and agree on a nice neat set of IDs use on their own, and to use Forge ores/ore blocks (so those common things can be shared).

Doing otherwise means I need to distribute the resolution choices to any users of my server...