Suggestion: Remote Matter Teleporter

• Something for endgame when you want to build large projects. I didnt read anything that suggests this idea has been introduced.

Description

I was thinking you can make something similar to the teleporter only transportable. It would allow you to remotely teleport objects to and from your Teleporter Chests. Each of these chests can have its own frequency. Then the UI on the Remote Teleporter would let you choose your frequency to access that particular chest, as well as a transfer slot. It would also show the inventory of the chest(with matching frequency) so you can just transfer items by dropping an item from your inventory to transfer slot or drop item from chest to transfer slot to send to you. This allows you to go on extended ore expeditions so long as you brought food and enough power(batpacks!) by transporting the ore and stone that you are removing back to base. It also makes gathering liquids much easier if finite liquids are enabled.

It would consume fairly large amounts of power but its not teleporting anything as complicated as a human being. As a power hog it would need to be powered by the new Lapotron Crystal. This would only be chargable via MFSU thereby giving more use for the new lapotron crystals. The chests themselves could be powered directly via cables to half the power cost on the remote teleporter.
    As for how much power are we talking about, I figured for the lighter materials(dirt/sand/gravel/wood,redstone/lapis/diamond) it would be about 50EU per block or 3200 per stack. It would be 100EU for the heavier materials(stone/metal ores/obsidian) or 6400/stack. Then 500 for empty buckets and 2000 for the liquid filled buckets. It should only be able to transport simple blocks since the machines are too complicated for it to teleport properly.
    Again, this should be a device for endgame after you have already explored all the areas and built the other machines. I put matter as a component for building them to make it even more difficult to obtain. Anyone at this stage has already found and used lots of materials and this is a matter of convenience for them because they have so much extra power. It also simplifies large projects underground without having to set up a seperate "kitchen".

Recipies

Matter Teleporter

M C M
    G F G
    A T A

Mobile Teleporter

G F G
    A T A
    M L M

A = Adv. Circuit
    C = Chest
    F = FreqTrans
    G = Glowstone
    L = Lapotron Crystal
    M = Matter(does the magic)
    T = Teleporter

• Im not suggesting a personal remote teleporter, only one for basic items so that you dont have to run back to base to drop your ore and run all the way back out to whereever you newest mining location is. After you get farther in game you have to run REALLY FAR AWAY to find more minerals. It would be teleporting much simpler matter and in smaller amounts as a means of dropping off ore and maybe picking up wood for torches. It also would make the harvesting of lava a lot less running back and forth...

• Official Post

Im not suggesting a personal remote teleporter, only one for basic items so that you dont have to run back to base to drop your ore and run all the way back out to whereever you newest mining location is. After you get farther in game you have to run REALLY FAR AWAY to find more minerals. It would be teleporting much simpler matter and in smaller amounts as a means of dropping off ore and maybe picking up wood for torches. It also would make the harvesting of lava a lot less running back and forth...

Hmmm...
    How about a special tool capable of emitting itemstacks into the "Votex", a para-Dimension.
    Each tool of course has an own frequency, thus a different dimension.
    As well, you can tune a special machine to the frequency and it will then proceed to consume energy to warp single items back to the machines location or into nearby chests.

Possible & Easy to code ^^
    As well pseudo-realistically reasoned and exactly what you requested, isntant item teleportationg.. or at least semi-instant, as the item will disappear right away, but will some take (depending on amount) to reappear in the chest.

• Hmmm...
    How about a special tool capable of emitting itemstacks into the "Votex", a para-Dimension.
    Each tool of course has an own frequency, thus a different dimension.
    As well, you can tune a special machine to the frequency and it will then proceed to consume energy to warp single items back to the machines location or into nearby chests.

Possible & Easy to code ^^
    As well pseudo-realistically reasoned and exactly what you requested, isntant item teleportationg.. or at least semi-instant, as the item will disappear right away, but will some take (depending on amount) to reappear in the chest.

I like this, as well, if you can't wait for this feature in IC2, use the Magic Chest mod with the Quantum Software from the Minecraft forums.

• Yes that will work and if its easy to code then thats even better! We would be able to just stack up on more of the consumables and toss stuff into the "bottomless bag of holding". wouldnt allow you to swap full buckets for empty ones though to be able to get a ton of lava for a large project though i dont suppose. But that will have to do. Would there be a way to get things out of the dimension using your handheld device? that way you can have a storage of wood/food/batteries to resupply with standing by and waiting for you, or you can have a huge supply of empty buckets for collecting lava/oil(buildcraft)

• Official Post

Yes that will work and if its easy to code then thats even better! We would be able to just stack up on more of the consumables and toss stuff into the "bottomless bag of holding". wouldnt allow you to swap full buckets for empty ones though to be able to get a ton of lava for a large project though i dont suppose. But that will have to do. Would there be a way to get things out of the dimension using your handheld device? that way you can have a storage of wood/food/batteries to resupply with standing by and waiting for you, or you can have a huge supply of empty buckets for collecting lava/oil(buildcraft)

No, probably not, unless the device is a one-time use or consumeable.
    The issue is i can only store one value on a device. Either a frequency or a energy-level.
    If i implement the device to be capable to retrieve items, it still needs to have frequency stored.. means it can't store energy = thus it would need to be a consumeable (or would end up imba).
    With my previous idea the machine would consume energy to retrieve the sent items, balancing the feature.