Information about crops

• Anyone else noticed that some crops in the agriculture suggestion thread are green, and that venomilla and sticky reed are part of these?

• well im done calling it ferru its now officialy trollweed cuz i had 10 of them with ore under them so i could start farming it and they all of a sudden started disapearing without a trace no weeds just the sticks left behind al this plant is ither buggered or knowing you your finding inventive ways to keep us coming back to you

by the way i was standing off to the side watching as it happened not standing on them

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• Hmmm by me hasn't the plant be grown with an iron ore block under it (2 days waiting). Maybe i should test tin or copper... Or have i forgotten something?

By the way i get it right that you have the plant on a dirt block and under that dirt block you put the iron ore or not?

• I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with %@#! Trollweed. An iron ore block?! Man, how was I supposed to figure that out?

Now I'm being trolled the same way as Ducant - One of my hard-earned trollweeds just vanished after I nurtured it with fertaliser, water and even put a bloody iron ore block under it.

I see how 'plant that gives iron requires iron ore' is logical, but from the perspective of us who are genuinely trying to breed the new plants legit, this is a bit far fetched. There's skill in carefully managed selective breeding (stickreed 10-3-5!) but I'll go mad if I have to test every soil block, light level, weather and what else on every new sapling!

• I'm glad I'm not the only one struggling with %@#! Trollweed. An iron ore block?! Man, how was I supposed to figure that out?

Now I'm being trolled the same way as Ducant - One of my hard-earned trollweeds just vanished after I nurtured it with fertaliser, water and even put a bloody iron ore block under it.

I see how 'plant that gives iron requires iron ore' is logical, but from the perspective of us who are genuinely trying to breed the new plants legit, this is a bit far fetched. There's skill in carefully managed selective breeding (stickreed 10-3-5!) but I'll go mad if I have to test every soil block, light level, weather and what else on every new sapling!

Even iron ore was not working for me, i really don't know why, i did fertilize and hydrate it and it still didn't grow...

• So, some plants will die if not regularly fertilised? Is this only a problem for growing crops, or do higher tier crops need constant maintenance?

Are there ways of passively enriching the soil that we don't know about yet? With no feedback on the hydration/nutrients of a soil block, I don't know how to guess what's going on here. Thanks for the tip though!

I hope the final sprite for Trollweed is clearly obvious... I'm trying everything here.

• It is normal that you need up to 12 fertilizer for one crop??? If yes i don't know how i should keep my plants alive because i have yet only for cross-breeding about 40 plants.

• I like trollweed. I suggest to officially rename it that way.

Oh and I managed to crossbreed my first invisible plant in SMP :P Some Sticky-Reeds grow now in my farm (although I don't see them, but harvesting them gives resin).

Any plans on fixing this issue soon, or will you wait til the next update to add some features to the changelog :P

• @Trollweed: I actually consider adding a plant which grows through a set of different sprites of different plants, just to confuse players.

That wopuld be kinda mean xD fun but mean.

So the picture posted ealier was "Trollweed" or some other plant? and did people actually get a yield/seeds from it?

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    **** :Industrial Diamond: 's i want :Iridium: !!

• the picture was "Trollweed" and we got seeds from it. The Name of the real plant is ferru or so and stand by the detected plants (also i didn't reched teh last state of the plant yet -.-)

Alblaka: The issue with the fertilizer (if it is a issue) is in SSP.

• The Name of the real plant is ferru or so and stand by the detected plants (also i didn't reched teh last state of the plant yet -.-)

I got that much :D still haven't bred it yet, but i was lucky enough to get stickreed on my 3'rd crossing :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.
    **** :Industrial Diamond: 's i want :Iridium: !!

• first off yes ive managed to get one so far to grow all i know is i had a block of iron ore under the dirt block it was growing in
    second the final sprite just has some grayish pods like melons and pumpkins
    third troll weed it is
    fourth when are we getting a plant that drops wood thats what i want im tired of chopping trees"sorry if this isnt the place for this but i noticed the suggestion board was closed and didnt see it there
    fifth i did remove some lights so ill check again to see if light level was another factor
    sixth go al its your birthday its your birthday your gona party your gona party like its 1337
    also has anyone found a way to check hydration or fertalizer levels?

The difference between a noob and a scrub is there is hope for a noob they can learn, a scrub on the other hand thinks they know better or dont care enough to learn or get better

• im not sure but i think when i harvested it i got a small pile of iron dust coulda be wrong but idk where i could have picked that up yet

• i harvested mine yet and get 2 pieces off small iron dust ^^ think it is the same with these pieces like with gold nuggets

so have fun and try to explore further plants