Closed Beta IC² v0.75

• Official Post

Next release, mainly bugfixes and the (obviously) necessary MFEs for testing the EnergyNet.

1. Instructions:
    Download is attached below.
    -Install ModLoader
    -Install ModLoaderMP
    -Install MCForge
    -Copy everything of the downloaded folder into your minecraft-jar. As you probably noticed, we moved all files to a handy sub-folder ^^ Except for the mainfile, of course (as it needs to be present to get loaded by ML).

2. Usage Notes:
    I've tested the installation, works fine (thus, if you get errors after installing, it's NOT the mod's fault, but a wrong install / version missmatch).
    Currently, the mod is SSP only.
    I've attached the recipe source code (couldn't bother writen a full recipe list yet), if you see the first few "known" old recipes you will quickly get the hang of reading the recipes ^^ If you even need it, that is. ~60%+ of IC recipes were left unchanged.
    If you got any questions regarding CONTENT or usage of item, drop them in here.
    You're free to promote the mod in any way, except for distributing files or creating videos of it. First clause is obvious, second one is related to beez taking care of the PR in an aimed manner.

3. Wiring:
    The wiring system was completely reworked. Energy won't be sent along the cable, but each time you place a cable the EnergyNet will update references and link up all possible combinations. If then a source proceeds to emit energy, the energy will directly will distributed to all machines in need of energy (with according range loss, which however is 0 with the current cables (testing purpouse)).
    You now get a set of 3 Energy Storage-Blocks, tiered. Storage blocks have once output, you will easyly recognize it by the special facing side. You can relocate that facing side by rightclicking the block with a wrench on the side you wish the output to be on. If you click the already outputting side, it will dismount the block as usual.
    Storage blocks receive power from 5 sides, while outputting to the facing one. Take note: They can only, at max, take in the power they're outputting. Anything else will result in spontanous combustion.
    As well, machines can now blow up if supplied more then 32 EUt. At least the tier 1 one (all currently avaible).
    Additionally, you get 3 tiered transformers.
    Tier 1 transforms from 32 to 128 EUt (BatBox - MFE)
    Tier 2 transforms from 128 to 512 Eut (MFE - MFSU)
    Tier 3 transforms from 512 to 2048 EUt (MFSU - True HighVoltage)
    Transformers have, similar to Storage blocks, one "High" side... and 5 low ones.
    In normal state, transformers will receive input from high, split received energy into smaller packets (read above) and output up to 4 pulses from their low sides.
    If powered with redstone, this process reverses. Then transformers will solely take input from their low sides, and output their up-putpot from the high side.
    This seems confusing at first, but once you got a hang of it, you will love it. the first to build a one-line energy storage facility with a switch on the main Transformer, gets a cookie :3

4. Known bugs:
    -You can't TMI most of the blocks. This is related to the fact we're using metadata to store 16 blocks into a single ID. TMI can't handle this and will only display the first block of these 16. Somebody will need to write a patch for TMI later on.
    -On my test world i just found a group of trees floating in mid air above a lake -.- I assume lakes are generated AFTER trees.
    -Report everything else you may find. Except for the sprites! Feanturi isn't avaible right now, thus i can't grap his sprites (he fixed and remade a couple of them).

5. Usage of stuff:
    -Switch MiningLaser Settings by rightclicking while holding M
    -Jetpack's Hover-Mode can be toggled by pressing H
    -You can obtain rubber by using TreeTaps on RubberTree-Treeholes (Rubber Trees generate in Forest and extremely common in Swampland)
    -Rigthclicking with a RE Battery equipped will plug it into another Electric Tool in the hotbar, quickly charging up said tool. Use this to power Mining Drills, etc.
    -Uranium Ore can be COMPRESSED into Uranium Ingots.
    -Nuclear Reactors are fully functional, but don't emit energy into the EnergyNet yet. You can watch their output in a cmd print, though.

PS: Recipe code in the download.
    Still can't bother writing a full recipe sheet. I saw a version written by somebody else somewhere. Mind updating it and posting it again? Will grap a copy and probably attack further code recipes into that.

• Official Post

ok few issues

names have the wrong sprites
    reinforced door has the advanced alloy sprite
    industrial credit has the UUM sprite
    advanced alloy has the scrap sprite
    UUM has the advanced circuit sprites
    scrap has the circuit sprite
    advanced circuit has a pink square sprite
    circuit has the resin sprite

will let you know more as i find out

• Official Post

Ok im feeling a bit stupid right now.... tried to install it 2 times, once over a jar with modloader and forge and once on a fresh jar. Both times i get absolutely no sprites (Just white blocks), although ive copied the sprite folder into the minecraft jar.... any ideas? didnt do anything else than with 0.7

• Official Post

Damnit, apparently i mixed up an older spriter version again X(

edit: Now, actually some iconindexes slipped off. Probably misscalculated something there.
    Fixed for next release.

ye i was also speaking to player last night about not being able to charge empty batterys, he said tht the current code meant the battery needs atleast 2 EU in it to be charged

• Official Post

ye i was also speaking to player last night about not being able to charge empty batterys, he said tht the current code meant the battery needs atleast 2 EU in it to be charged

Uhm what?
    Then one could never charge any batterys at all.
    However, yes, the damage values range from 0-10002 with 1-10001 representing the 10000 storage. 0 and 10002 cannot be reached normally, except for TMI'd damage=0 items.
    Spawn the "discharged RE battery", it will work flawless.

• Official Post

Uhm what?
    Then one could never charge any batterys at all.
    However, yes, the damage values range from 0-10002 with 1-10001 representing the 10000 storage. 0 and 10002 cannot be reached normally, except for TMI'd damage=0 items.
    Spawn the "discharged RE battery", it will work flawless.

well thats not the only issue, the generator bar fills up and doesnt do anything once it reaches the end so the bar is completely full, when youy take everything out the bar stays red......

• Official Post

I've just preproduced the error. Doesn't make much sense at all, on my test world (version 0.50) i was charging batterys entirely fine... and we didn't change them. Strange...
    Derp, found the issue. Je, the code states an item needs at least 2 damage XD error of mine to make generators power the enet if the charged item is full XD

fix will be included in next release ^^

• Official Post

I've just preproduced the error. Doesn't make much sense at all, on my test world (version 0.50) i was charging batterys entirely fine... and we didn't change them. Strange...
    Derp, found the issue. Je, the code states an item needs at least 2 damage XD error of mine to make generators power the enet if the charged item is full XD

fix will be included in next release ^^

.... dam it... i reinstalled the mod liek 20 times after u said yours was workign fine... lol oh well i have 21 minecraft.jar with 0.75 lol -.- glad i was right tho :D

• Official Post

can't get rid of it by restarting MC, im using MCforge 1.0.4 is that okay? (its the latest release) And i've dropped the 3 folders + the class file into the MCjar.
    Games works, i can craft stuff but i cant get any sprites.
    Sprites are located in: Minecraft.jar => IC2Sprites => xxxx.png is that correct? Restarting MC doesent get me anything.

• Official Post

This doesn't make sense o.o
    It was running fine in earlier versions, it ran fine for darenton and i just installed v0v75 in my minecraft.jar and everything displays perfectly.

I'm kinda clueless.

Any special OS you're using?

edit:
    Finders, Keepers.
    Amusing combination of winrar and a typo.
    The folder in the download is meant to be named "IC2sprites" not "IC2Sprites". However, it was correctly spelled in the 0.70 release. Thus, if you install 0.70,then 0.75 (like me and darenton), winrar will merge both folders into the previous "IC2sprites" one, disregarding the uppercase.

Just use winrar to rename your folder into lowercased s, should do the trick, sry for typo XD