Suggestion: Nanotech Laboratory

• Official Post

Nanotech laboratory: Allows the creation of nanobots and nanocircuits [Idea for IC² Enchant and Brewing]

If no item is placed inside nanotech laboratory, it will display 5 nanobot options to be created.
    If a IC² valid item is placed, it will display all circuits available for item.

Injectable Assist Nanobots: gives player a status effect.

Effects (Negative effects) [Nanobot type]:
    --------------------------------------------
    Regeneration (Poison) [Medical Nanobots]
    Strength (Weakness) [Arms Boost Nanobots]
    Speed (Slowness) [Legs Boost Nanobots]
    Resistance (Nausea) [Skin hardener Nanobots]
    Haste (Fatigue) [Break Speed Nanobots]
    --------------------------------------------
    Upon Injection there is a 5% chance of body rejecting nanobots and causing a negative effect.
    All effects lasts until death (Negative effects lasts for 5 to 60 minutes before your body destroys rejected nanobots)
    Second idea for nanobot duration/modes:
    Lasts forever until player health gets lower than 70%
    If player health is lower than 70%, there is a 1% chance on nanobots getting destroyed every second
    If player health is lower than 50%, there is a 2% chance on nanobots getting destroyed every second
    If player health is lower than 30%, there is a 4% chance on nanobots getting destroyed every second
    If player health is lower than 15%, emergency mode is activated and nanobots gives quadruple boost for 5 minutes, then gets destroyed after that.
    [Medical instant heals you 5 hearts after emergency mode activates]

If player press default key for modes while holding nothing [and wearing FULL quantum suit], activates double boost and improving quantumsuit effects while consuming 0.25% energy from quantumsuit every second.

Nanocircuits: Improves IC² items on many ways:
    Tier1/Tier2/Tier3/Tier4/Tier5

Machines:
    Output circuit: Increase number of Energy packets outputted by Batbox/MFE/MFSU by 1/2/3/4/5
    Energy Flow circuit: Increase number of packets transformers can handle by 1/2/3/4/5

Tools/Armor:
    Mining Assist circuit: Places a torch [which if destroyed won't drop anything] once light level is lower than 7. Torch lasts for 10s
    Energy Efficiency circuit: Reduces Energy Usage by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%
    Mining Efficiency circuit: Increase block break Speed by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50% {Edit: 3%/6%/9%/12%/15%, looks more balanced}
    Mining Refinery circuit: Give player a chance to get double,triple,quadruple drops from non-player placed blocks by 10%,7%,5%/20%,14%,10%/30%,21%,15%/40%,28%,20%/50%,35%,25%
    Nano Processing circuit: Give player a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance getting the original block and a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% of getting damaged by nano processing for every 5 blocks broken
    Charging circuit: Increase recharging speed by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%
    Battery circuit: Increases energy storage of item by 10/20%/30%/40%/50%.
    Overclock circuit: Break blocks instantly and removes block break delay [Default is 5 ticks], at the cost of 18x/16x/14x/12x/10x more energy
    {for more info about block break delay, check click mining fix mod}

Weapons:
    Fire saber circuit: Sets enemy on fire for 3/6/9/12/15 seconds
    Light power circuit: Increase Nano saber/Mining laser damage by 2/4/6/8/10
    Range/Penetration boost circuit: Increase range/Penetration of Mining Laser by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%
    Explosion boost circuit: Increase explosion of Mining Laser explosion mode by 10%/20%/30%/40%/50%

• What a nice suggestion you have here. I'd love to see this(similar) way of "enchanting" in game. However, +50% block breaking speed with diamond drill probably can't be done and it also throws 10x power to instabreak blocks to garbage.

• How about a 1% chance of the nanos coming loose and trying to eat you alive? :P

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• What a nice suggestion you have here. I'd love to see this(similar) way of "enchanting" in game. However, +50% block breaking speed with diamond drill probably can't be done and it also throws 10x power to instabreak blocks to garbage.

Agreed, Instead of instant breaking make it break 2x2 or 3x3 Blocks for 15x Energy.

• Official Post

What a nice suggestion you have here. I'd love to see this(similar) way of "enchanting" in game. However, +50% block breaking speed with diamond drill probably can't be done and it also throws 10x power to instabreak blocks to garbage.

I added one more function to Overclock circuit, now it should not be garbage anymore :)
    Edit: although i don't think it is code-able

• Official Post

How about a 1% chance of the nanos coming loose and trying to eat you alive? :P

1% chance when?
    another ideas:
    25% of getting strong effect, meaning body accepted well nanobots.
    Upon having Nano armor, nanobots gives special abilities to it [same as quantum, but at reduced rates]
    Upon having Quantum armor, nanobots improves its special abilities by 50%

• 1% chance when?
    another ideas:
    25% of getting strong effect, meaning body accepted well nanobots.
    Upon having Nano armor, nanobots gives special abilities to it [same as quantum, but at reduced rates]
    Upon having Quantum armor, nanobots improves its special abilities by 50%

1. 1% when applied probably
    2. nanobots empowering quantum armor even more 8| ? Bloody hell

• But wait, how it ever touches enchantment?

And maybe we'll add a lower tier of that by adding cyber body parts?

2. nanobots empowering quantum armor even more ? Bloody hell

We could use cyber and nano body parts as a exchange for that armor, both of those.

• The Names... really..

Fortunity Circuit O.o

Call it something technical, like "Ore-Processing-Unit" or something that sounds cool, but has no reference to reality like "Subatomic-Nano-Refiner"

So we could add something funny instead of copying vanilla enchantments.

Nano-Dissolver:

Created to increase the processing of stone without destroying it. Has a high chance of giving you the original block you mine (like silk-touch), on the disadvantage of the nano-dissolvers to also destroy nearby blocks.

10% to get the original block, 50% to destroy one additional block nearby... may chain up to 10 blocks. If improved higher chance of silk-touch, lesser chance of chain-breaking.

Overcharge

Addon to make your nano-sabre or chainsaw (and even the mining-drill? overcharge). Increase the energy-usage, but deals half a heart additional damage. Chance of paralyzing hidden enemies for a short period. Attention... my cause different kind of harms to the user.

5% Chance of paralyzing on hit. 5% Chance of dealing half a heart damage to steve. 1% chance to set a random block nearby on fire. First chance increases if the addon is improved later two decrease. May cause additional damage if properly upgraded.

Green Thumb Device

Addition for the Electric Hoe. May provide you with wheat if you use it on grassblocks. Is able to grow grass on dirt-blocks if the requirements are met. Works as Fortune while harvesting crops etc.

Higher Chance of Everything if improved.

• Nano-Dissolver:

Created to increase the processing of stone without destroying it. Has a high chance of giving you the original block you mine (like silk-touch), on the disadvantage of the nano-dissolvers to also destroy nearby blocks.

10% to get the original block, 50% to destroy one additional block nearby... may chain up to 10 blocks. If improved higher chance of silk-touch, lesser chance of chain-breaking.

As said before, multiple blockbreaking is unlikely to be implemented.

My Suggestion:

Created to increase the processing of stone without destroying it. Has a high chance of giving you the original block you mine (like silk-touch), on the disadvantage of the block being destroyed the process (10%).

or

Create to process the material while Mining. The divice will purify the mined material, causing cobblestone to become smooth stone. (Sand > Glass, Iron ore > Iron etc.) This will, ofcouse, result in 5x times higher energydrain per use. (5x? what is balanced.)

It's not overpowered because you lose 1 ore (mecrator>dust).

• Created to increase the processing of stone without destroying it. Has a high chance of giving you the original block you mine (like silk-touch), on the disadvantage of the block being destroyed the process (10%).

This needs to be implemented in some way. (i still prefer fortune over silk touch)

• Nano Processing circuit: Give player a 20%/40%/60%/80%/100% chance getting the original block and a 2%/4%/6%/8%/10% of getting damaged by nano processing for every 5 blocks broken

Means 100% gives u a 10% chance to get hurt? or was it intended to be the other way round?

• With some tweaking I could really see a nice implementation of this idea.
    I think that higher level enchantments with the lab shouldn't rely on bookcases or whatever other ic2 block to be around to get better gear but instead the amount of eu/t