[bug 161] SMP SSP: trampling calculations used for crops is pre110

• After 110 wheat trampling changed, players and mobs no longer damage wheat by walking over it, only when jumping.

IC2 uses old (pre 110) rules for trampling - some randomness and croach detection, this make things a bit harder and counter intuitive, you cant damage soil, but will destroy crops by walking on it.

• Forcing user to croach all time when near crops is not really fun.

There is completely no reason to punish players for moving on/too close to crops
    without holding shift key
    by removing plant, ever fully grown plant wont drop anything, simply vanish.

• Forcing user to croach all time when near crops is not really fun.

There is completely no reason to punish players for moving on/too close to crops
    without holding shift key
    by removing plant, ever fully grown plant wont drop anything, simply vanish.

Yea, Its' not like Steve can't see where he is stepping.

• My experience today was that I'd finally managed to cross-breed a new plant (tulip), but then I accidentally killed it because I tried to cropnalyze a nearby plant but missed the hitbox. Instead of returning the crop name, the cropnalyzer UI popped up and cancelled my crouch. The same happens with opening the inventory I believe. The stakes are higher with the only sample of a first-gen cross breed than with easily replantable vanilla game crops and it makes farming an anxious process for me. It doesn't help that it's not always clear which boxes one is standing on. Maybe I'm just thick but I often mis-estimate which block i've just ore-scanned.

I totally understand your position but maybe this will help you understand if people get frustrated with the fragility of plants. I'm hoping that once I get a few generations grown I can breed up their resistance so that I'm not wigging out every time I go to tend my crops.

Great work with the crop system though. I'm farming like crazy and I don't even rightly know why!

• How about we get an addon to do this?

Oh, and get convinent movement mod, I think its called, which includes auto-sneak, in addition to other things, I certainly never lose sneak state (even with inventory open)