[Suggestion] Plantclump?

• Seeds won't provide you with good material although it should be able to extract oil out of them (well... if we would need oil for cooking or to fry... whatever).

But Pumpkins and Melon-Slices could be a material for a plant-clump. But again reeds are so easy to get they most people will use them.

Seeds won't provide you with good material although it should be able to extract oil out of them (well... if we would need oil for cooking or to fry... whatever).

Wheat seeds are already used to make plantclumps.
    So, i thought that pumpkin seed may be turned into clumps too, but no...

• Nobody said that the existing recipes do make sense, but why not use the fruits instead of the seeds :P

Although I'm curious why Alblaka removed the cacti-recipe but let the reeds-recipe be. Reeds are easier to aquire then cacti, since they grow under such easy conditions. But again I think processing the plant-balls is more work then creating them. It's much like charcoal, it's abundant, but you need to make it first.

Nobody said that the existing recipes do make sense, but why not use the fruits instead of the seeds

Why not? Its still will make sense and will give pumpkins a use.
    And changing melon seeds to slices wont bring more cost, they still give 1=1

Although I'm curious why Alblaka removed the cacti-recipe but let the reeds-recipe be. Reeds are easier to aquire then cacti, since they grow under such easy conditions. But again I think processing the plant-balls is more work then creating them. It's much like charcoal, it's abundant, but you need to make it first.

He did? I thought you must be able to make plantclumps form every plant around you you don't need.

• Official Post

Nobody said that the existing recipes do make sense, but why not use the fruits instead of the seeds :P

Cacti can be farmed fully automatied even in vanilla minecraft.
    Farming reed is MUCH more complex and in best case needs 1 block-gathering mechanism or a piston per reed plant.

Farming reed is MUCH more complex and in best case needs 1 block-gathering mechanism or a piston per reed plant.

Er...Wait, you are talking about auto gathering, but i don't think anyone wants to waiste pistons on reed.

• Official Post

There are multiple mods thus i just stated "block gathering mechanism".
    For cactus you just need water, some sand and some other blocks. And probably something to pick all cactus' up on the farms exit. But the farm itself doesnt need any sort of machinery ^^

• Yeah, still running through 20 Blocks of reeds swinging your fist is easy enough. And reedfarms are far more compact. And you could auto-farm them with vanilla-mp too (close pistons and run water over the closed pistons to collect). If you argue with vanilla-MC you don't have any automation. So you have to always collect the dropped blocks, and doing this is only a little bit more time consuming then harvesting the reeds. The hard work is making plant-balls, compressing them and making bio-fuel. This takes way longer then manually harvesting 100 sugar-canes gaining 200 reeds which could be turned into 25 Plantballs.

And overall Cacti are just a so incredible useless plant, it was somehow cool to do something useful with them. Ok, you get green dye from it, but that's all.

So my core argument is that almost all materials for plantclumps are really easy to optain and in every case optaining the materials is much easier than the actual refining-process. So if people can't use cacti they will just use reeds or wheat which are both easy to get and even saplings are incredible abundant if you really hunt for wood. I thought the whole purpose of the plantball was to be easy to optain but hard to process into fuel.

So my core argument is that almost all materials for plantclumps are really easy to optain and in every case optaining the materials is much easier than the actual refining-process. So if people can't use cacti they will just use reeds or wheat which are both easy to get and even saplings are incredible abundant if you really hunt for wood. I thought the whole purpose of the plantball was to be easy to optain but hard to process into fuel.

Its annoying to make it, that is enough.
    And also making your own small tree forest with 5-6 trees is enough to get saplings for 2 cans of fuel every 3-4 days then all trees are fully grown, at least.

• I personally disagree with removing the Cactus Plantball recipe, Cactus is the most USELESS plant in the game, idk about the rest of the people here but I for one am getting a custom recipe mod to put it back.

Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing. - Abraham Lincoln

Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future. - John F. Kennedy

• Actually this is the reason why I don't bother. I always used reeds for the plantballs, since I normally build a reed-farm and this becomes even more true with reeds being a incredible good plant for IC2s aggriculture.

Oh and Reeds grow extremly fast. Although they are harder to automate than cacti, they are still easy to harvest. Running true a line of reeds will take no longer then collecting the cacti you have floating around somewhere. So I never used cacti and with aggriculture it is even more likely that I use reeds, since you end up with tons of them if you breed for sticky-reeds or even more advanced plants.

Oh and Reeds grow extremly fast. Although they are harder to automate than cacti, they are still easy to harvest. Running true a line of reeds will take no longer then collecting the cacti you have floating around somewhere. So I never used cacti and with aggriculture it is even more likely that I use reeds, since you end up with tons of them if you breed for sticky-reeds or even more advanced plants.

You can even automaticly collect them using RP2, if you have some spare materials and you don't need reed seeds.
    And cacti is easy to get and easy to farm.
    Its just growth speed VS easy-farming.

And btw, after the thing that you are waisting cells on making bio-fuel, there is no reason to waiste tin on it, only on coal one maybe...

• What do you mean with "wasting" tin?

I don't even know what I should do with my tin. There are two possibilities. Filling them with Lava or Filling them with Biofuel. Although Lava brings you more EU per Tin I don't go to the nether that much and I don't even need the EUs. I only use plantclumps for producing Fuel for the Jetpack. Coal is too costly to waste, actually I would rather waste Tin than coal.

• Biofuel isn't worth it if you want power., it's better to just burn the plants.

Although Lava brings you more EU per Tin I don't go to the nether that much and I don't even need the EUs. I only use plantclumps for producing Fuel for the Jetpack. Coal is too costly to waste, actually I would rather waste Tin than coal.

Oh and since Alblaka halved the costs of Biofuel it actually is worth it. 32 instead of 64 Reeds for 26.000 EU. So you gain 18.000, but lose some to canning and compressing. It's a rather small gain, since you have 18 processes costing about 500EU each (compressing, canning, extracting), but again it increases the EU-efficiency of reeds by about 100%. Since the individual reeds would burn for 8000EU, and the Biofuel for about 16.000 (if you calculate about 10.000 EU for the processing). Still burning reeds for EU is stupid in the first place and totally loses against some of the OP fire-and-forget Generators like Manned Waterwills, Solars or Wind (although the manned watermills are the most OP actually, if you work with BC or RP).

• Actually it would make sense to recover cells, or atleast parts of the material, but on the other hand IC2 handles this quite consequent, because regardless what you do, you never get back your cells.

• I think you dont get cells back because of the difficulty in doing so programatically. If the cells were cheaper, say, 64 per 4 tin, I would not have an issue at all. As it is, while it is fine for lava, plant power is not worth it last I checked.

• I think you dont get cells back because of the difficulty in doing so programatically. If the cells were cheaper, say, 64 per 4 tin, I would not have an issue at all. As it is, while it is fine for lava, plant power is not worth it last I checked.

Again... you only need it for the jetpack. Producing EUs via the Generator is a lot of work instead of just using reneable sources (although a Green-Generator is reneable, but I refer to Wind, Water and Solar. Technically the problem with Biofuel is that you need to can 6 cells into a Fuel-Can. This means, since 1 Cell 1/4 Tin 1,5 Tin you invest for about 18.000 EU, while with Lava you invest 0,25 Tin for 20.000 EU. But again Lava won't power your jetpack and whatever you might need fuel in the future.