Closed Beta IC² v0.80

• Official Post

Actually this release isn't fully down yet, but somebody pointed me at a critical error i forgot to patch up on the 75 version... and now i've already continued with more stuff.. thus here you go with a somewhat early 80.
    Note: MCForge is currently lacking a vital fix and as i didn't want to wait for it, i've coded the fix directly into EntityPlayer.class. Could cause some incompatibilitys with FlyMod and stuff.
    Once MCForge will be updated with fix included, the file won't need to be extra modified anymore.

1. Instructions:
    Download is attached below.
    -Install ModLoader
    -Install ModLoaderMP
    -Install MCForge
    -Copy everything of the downloaded folder into your minecraft-jar. As you probably noticed, we moved all files to a handy sub-folder ^^ Except for the mainfile, of course (as it needs to be present to get loaded by ML).

2. Usage Notes:
    I've tested the installation, works fine (thus, if you get errors after installing, it's NOT the mod's fault, but a wrong install / version missmatch).
    Currently, the mod is SSP only.
    I've attached the recipe source code (couldn't bother writen a full recipe list yet), if you see the first few "known" old recipes you will quickly get the hang of reading the recipes ^^ If you even need it, that is. ~60%+ of IC recipes were left unchanged.
    If you got any questions regarding CONTENT or usage of item, drop them in here.
    You're free to promote the mod in any way, except for distributing files or creating videos of it. First clause is obvious, second one is related to beez taking care of the PR in an aimed manner.

3. Wiring:
    The wiring system was completely reworked. Energy won't be sent along the cable, but each time you place a cable the EnergyNet will update references and link up all possible combinations. If then a source proceeds to emit energy, the energy will directly will distributed to all machines in need of energy (with according range loss, which however is 0 with the current cables (testing purpouse)).
    You now get a set of 3 Energy Storage-Blocks, tiered. Storage blocks have once output, you will easyly recognize it by the special facing side. You can relocate that facing side by rightclicking the block with a wrench on the side you wish the output to be on. If you click the already outputting side, it will dismount the block as usual.
    Storage blocks receive power from 5 sides, while outputting to the facing one. Take note: They can only, at max, take in the power they're outputting. Anything else will result in spontanous combustion.
    As well, machines can now blow up if supplied more then 32 EUt. At least the tier 1 one (all currently avaible).
    Additionally, you get 3 tiered transformers.
    Tier 1 transforms from 32 to 128 EUt (BatBox - MFE)
    Tier 2 transforms from 128 to 512 Eut (MFE - MFSU)
    Tier 3 transforms from 512 to 2048 EUt (MFSU - True HighVoltage)
    Transformers have, similar to Storage blocks, one "High" side... and 5 low ones.
    In normal state, transformers will receive input from high, split received energy into smaller packets (read above) and output up to 4 pulses from their low sides.
    If powered with redstone, this process reverses. Then transformers will solely take input from their low sides, and output their up-putpot from the high side.
    This seems confusing at first, but once you got a hang of it, you will love it. the first to build a one-line energy storage facility with a switch on the main Transformer, gets a cookie :3

4. Known bugs:
    -You can't TMI most of the blocks. This is related to the fact we're using metadata to store 16 blocks into a single ID. TMI can't handle this and will only display the first block of these 16. Somebody will need to write a patch for TMI later on.
    -On my test world i just found a group of trees floating in mid air above a lake -.- I assume lakes are generated AFTER trees.
    -As this is an unfinished build, some recipes for 0.80 stuff is lacking... as well, i've left some testing recipes in, my bad ^^
    -Report everything else you may find. Except for the sprites! Feanturi isn't avaible right now, thus i can't grap his sprites (he fixed and remade a couple of them).

5. Usage of stuff:
    -Switch MiningLaser Settings by rightclicking while holding M
    -Jetpack's Hover-Mode can be toggled by pressing H
    -You can obtain rubber by using TreeTaps on RubberTree-Treeholes (Rubber Trees generate in Forest and extremely common in Swampland)
    -Rigthclicking with a RE Battery equipped will plug it into another Electric Tool in the hotbar, quickly charging up said tool. Use this to power Mining Drills, etc.
    -Uranium Ore can be COMPRESSED into Uranium Ingots.
    -Nuclear Reactors are fully functional, but don't emit energy into the EnergyNet yet. You can watch their output in a cmd print, though.
    -Special Functions of Quantum Suit are passive / ConTRoLled

PS: Recipe file included :3

• Official Post

some sprites have been edited in paint it looks like... they are white instead of clear (making thm not able to be seen through) will keep u posted

also electro furnace is "unnamed" and wont open GUI

Reinforced Glass, Dynamite Sticks (Blocks)

Rightclick with Cable on MFE/MFSU doesnt place cable like it did before

You cant wrench Generators/Electric Furnaces
    You cant place Cables sometimes
    Cables dont update on placing batboxes/mfes/mfus near to those
    btw: the new hv/lv system kinda sucks 8|

• Official Post

The Quantum Suit seems to be working correctly (Same properties as the Adv Nano suit).

Only issue I see is that the Sprite is white, where the Suit is Black. =P
    (Also, you "Take" Fall damage from falling over 15 blocks-ish. The damage is prevented, but you still go "OOOMPH!")

Didn't yet design a rendering texture for the suit, thus i just reused the nanosuit one for now.
    Yes, i've got no clue why (because it uses the RubberBoots code), but i don't see much of an issue... at least you will notice if you're jumping from too high XD

some sprites have been edited in paint it looks like... they are white instead of clear (making thm not able to be seen through) will keep u posted

also electro furnace is "unnamed" and wont open GUI

Je, i commonly forget to add transparency back into pictures with Photoshop after i've edited them with Photofiltre (doesn't support PMG-transparency).
    Ignore it.

Didn't yet add the hook for cables to be placed against MFE sites, thanks for mentioning it.

What does it do instead of wrenching? Bringing up the GUI?

Je, it's cables detection for placing them inside of you. It appears to be slightly off, related to java messing up the conversion of player coors (double) to block coords (int)

What do you mean with cables don't update?

Nah, it's just plainly different. Now you can for real set up stuff like town, by wiring the powerplant over HV into the town, transform it to MV do distribute it between central power stations and then to LV for every house. f.e.

• Official Post

Smaller bugs and an appeal: Is it possible to tell energy net to update everything if a machine is place next to a cable? it really sucks that you have to place the machine first atm. (probably what imer means with cables don't update)
    Bugs:
    - Mining Drill (and diamond drill) cannot mine: Bricks, Glowstone (no items rewarded, takes forever), maybe there's more but i just saw those 2 by now.

• Official Post

Ok, bug just comes up if a generator is running and you try to wire a storage unit there. see pictures. (Gets fixed if you quit and reload the game btw)

Glowing GEO = Working setup

Black GEO = not working
    (numbers on signs = placing order)

means you cannot wire an energy storage to a wiring that has energy flowing in it or you have to reload.

• Official Post
    • Official Post

i got to say after learning how it works, i like the new energy system, since you can use transformers 2 ways just by switching redstone on and off. The T3 transformer will emit 2048eu/t ist just like the old hv.

Something i have seen about the transformers: If you lower the power like from 2048 eu/t to 512 eu/t it should emit 512 eu/t for 4 ticks for every HV tick. but it emits all the power in 1 tick. (but doesent kill the machines behind) At least my eu-meter says : infos like "an average of 1024 eu/t for 2 ticks" after the output of an T3 transformer. and if i watch the absolut numbers in an mfs behind it, it always goes up in 1 tick. not 4 fast ticks. I dont really know if it was intended to do so, but it doesent do what the description says.

• Official Post

i got to say after learning how it works, i like the new energy system, since you can use transformers 2 ways just by switching redstone on and off. The T3 transformer will emit 2048eu/t ist just like the old hv.

Something i have seen about the transformers: If you lower the power like from 2048 eu/t to 512 eu/t it should emit 512 eu/t for 4 ticks for every HV tick. but it emits all the power in 1 tick. (but doesent kill the machines behind) At least my eu-meter says : infos like "an average of 1024 eu/t for 2 ticks" after the output of an T3 transformer. and if i watch the absolut numbers in an mfs behind it, it always goes up in 1 tick. not 4 fast ticks. I dont really know if it was intended to do so, but it doesent do what the description says.

mmm need to figure that out X(

switch cable is missing (do want.)

Edit:
    i did that right* ALL THE TIME -_-
    doesnt work
    doesnt work
    doesnt work
    works
    works

*redstone wiring not included

• HEHE - when i use TMI i saw an word make in paint - RESERVED - what was planning there ?? :D

i've got an idea -- do an youtube series about IC - the name was be - " The nuclear reactor and you " ^^

• Official Post

HEHE - when i use TMI i saw an word make in paint - RESERVED - what was planning there ?? :D

Apparently TMI recognizes not-implemented stuff XD
    The reserver-sprites are the 15 further possible cable sprites (current system supports up to 16 different cable types).

Me and Player agreed that this entire HV-Bottlenecking is stupid, thus transformer can fully output an HV-input... by sending 4 pulses per tick, if necessary/applyable.
    In fact this means you still transfer "2048 EU per tick", but receive 4tuble loss (as it are 4 seperate pulses with 512EU each) in favor of having a lowered voltage.

@MFE issues:
    I've forgot a few clauses in there. But if you switch the facing of a MFE via using a wrench on it, it should register to the Enet and become functional.
    Same applies for transformers, afaik.

@Unwrenchable:
    Still looking into the issue :/

• ok - when i want to see how many EU is going from batbox to Macerator i saw -(minus)3.29 EU -- WTF ?? xD

@edit USE NUKE LUKE !
    @edit2 in next edit i will attach the link for the bug what i saw - its non-public youtube link.

• Official Post

Me and Player agreed that this entire HV-Bottlenecking is stupid, thus transformer can fully output an HV-input... by sending 4 pulses per tick, if necessary/applyable.
    In fact this means you still transfer "2048 EU per tick", but receive 4tuble loss (as it are 4 seperate pulses with 512EU each) in favor of having a lowered voltage.

@MFE issues:
    I've forgot a few clauses in there. But if you switch the facing of a MFE via using a wrench on it, it should register to the Enet and become functional.
    Same applies for transformers, afaik.

I've got no problem with that style of transformers, just wasnt sure if it works as intended.

First test for a storage, trying to use a 2way transformer system for storage.