Closed Beta IC² v0.83

• Official Post

Added Recipes for the stuff from 0.8
    As well, you now get the whole (so far) range of cables. Though i right now realised i forgot to add the recipe for Fibre cables.. damn.
    As the ressources aren't implemented yet, NanoSuit and QuantumSuit are not craftable.
    Luminators aren'T craftable either, as they're not functional yet.

1. Instructions:
    Download is attached below.
    -Install ModLoader
    -Install ModLoaderMP
    -Install MCForge
    -Copy everything of the downloaded folder into your minecraft-jar. As you probably noticed, we moved all files to a handy sub-folder ^^ Except for the mainfile, of course (as it needs to be present to get loaded by ML).

2. Usage Notes:
    I've tested the installation, works fine (thus, if you get errors after installing, it's NOT the mod's fault, but a wrong install / version missmatch).
    Currently, the mod is SSP only.
    I've attached the recipe source code (couldn't bother writen a full recipe list yet), if you see the first few "known" old recipes you will quickly get the hang of reading the recipes ^^ If you even need it, that is. ~60%+ of IC recipes were left unchanged.
    If you got any questions regarding CONTENT or usage of item, drop them in here.
    You're free to promote the mod in any way, except for distributing files or creating videos of it. First clause is obvious, second one is related to beez taking care of the PR in an aimed manner.

3. Wiring:
    The wiring system was completely reworked. Energy won't be sent along the cable, but each time you place a cable the EnergyNet will update references and link up all possible combinations. If then a source proceeds to emit energy, the energy will directly will distributed to all machines in need of energy (with according range loss, which however is 0 with the current cables (testing purpouse)).
    You now get a set of 3 Energy Storage-Blocks, tiered. Storage blocks have once output, you will easyly recognize it by the special facing side. You can relocate that facing side by rightclicking the block with a wrench on the side you wish the output to be on. If you click the already outputting side, it will dismount the block as usual.
    Storage blocks receive power from 5 sides, while outputting to the facing one. Take note: They can only, at max, take in the power they're outputting. Anything else will result in spontanous combustion.
    As well, machines can now blow up if supplied more then 32 EUt. At least the tier 1 one (all currently avaible).
    Additionally, you get 3 tiered transformers.
    Tier 1 transforms from 32 to 128 EUt (BatBox - MFE)
    Tier 2 transforms from 128 to 512 Eut (MFE - MFSU)
    Tier 3 transforms from 512 to 2048 EUt (MFSU - True HighVoltage)
    Transformers have, similar to Storage blocks, one "High" side... and 5 low ones.
    In normal state, transformers will receive input from high, split received energy into smaller packets (read above) and output up to 4 pulses from their low sides.
    If powered with redstone, this process reverses. Then transformers will solely take input from their low sides, and output their up-putpot from the high side.
    This seems confusing at first, but once you got a hang of it, you will love it. the first to build a one-line energy storage facility with a switch on the main Transformer, gets a cookie :3
    There are now various Cable types to choose from, with varyiing attributes like
    - loss (+ means low EU over distance, - means a lot)
    - capacity (+ means a lot of EU can run through this cable, - means only very low voltage)
    - price (+ cheap, - expensive)
    Copper Cables: loss o, capacity - (32), price +
    Gold Cables: loss o, capacity o (128), price o
    HV (Iron) Cables: loss -, capacity + (HV, 2048), price o
    Glass Fibre: loss +, capacity o (512), price -
    Quite all cables can be surrounded by insulation (rubber). Some can even wrapped in multiple layers.
    More insulation = More rubber consumed, but less danger of getting shocked & slightly reduced EU loss over distance
    You can add and remove insulation on already placed cables by using the insulation cutter.
    Cables can now be painted. Colored cables do only emit energy to cables of the same color OR black cables (standard).

4. Known bugs:
    -Cables won't display their connection to machines/generators
    -Insulation Cutter recipe produces painter
    -Report everything else you may find. Except for the sprites! Feanturi isn't avaible right now, thus i can't grap his sprites (he fixed and remade a couple of them).

5. Usage of stuff:
    -Switch MiningLaser Settings by rightclicking while holding M
    -Jetpack's Hover-Mode can be toggled by pressing H
    -You can obtain rubber by using TreeTaps on RubberTree-Treeholes (Rubber Trees generate in Forest and extremely common in Swampland)
    -Rigthclicking with a RE Battery equipped will plug it into another Electric Tool in the hotbar, quickly charging up said tool. Use this to power Mining Drills, etc.
    -Uranium Ore can be COMPRESSED into Uranium Ingots.
    -Nuclear Reactors are fully functional, but don't emit energy into the EnergyNet yet. You can watch their output in a cmd print, though.
    -Special Functions of Quantum Suit are passive / ConTRoLled

PS: Recipe file included :3

• damn it, I don't even finish with compiling the test result for 0.80 yet :(.

btw, what is it in gs.class you changed? Because It is a good idea to tell public (for other modders) what you did for cross-mod compatibility later.

Please ignore this floating platform with 10,000 solar panels. Nothing to see here.

• Official Post

axes dont speed up rubber tree "mining"
    canner sprite has blueish sides/white front
    miner locks upon getting stuck (you have to replace the pipe in the pipe-slot after you removed the block that caused it to get stuck)
    you can run into the pipe-fence blocks (?)

1. Jup, i can't add it to the mineable list without basefile modification. Thus the explanation "Rubber Wood is to elastic to be mined by punching it with sharp stuff." It's. however, weaker then normal wood and can be harvested by hand quite easyly.
    2. Jup, we need new canner sprites.
    3. This is a mechanism to prevent it from wasting energy while futily mining something. The fact you need to replace an inventory item to "reboot" the miner is a energy-saving feature.
    4. Yes, if you stack them up to poles they turn into POLES.. which have a fitting hitbox and can be used to slide down/up.

• Quatnum suit is awesome :D

Little tip - press CTRL + w or CTRL + Space but the bes toption is CTRL + W + Space :D

Alblaka will said - The Quantum suit i freaky awesome Hayo !

• Official Post

Wanna know how to kill a computer easily? make a small floor out of cables.... all the possible connections will pretty fast kill your computer (any maybe servers later...)

I tested a 5*5 floor and froze my MC and wasnt able to join the map again. :P

Oh and did i mention that i had to reinstall MC after to see the graphic of the new blocks again...

• Official Post

Wanna know how to kill a computer easily? make a small floor out of cables.... all the possible connections will pretty fast kill your computer (any maybe servers later...)

I tested a 5*5 floor and froze my MC and wasnt able to join the map again. :P

Oh and did i mention that i had to reinstall MC after to see the graphic of the new blocks again...

5*5 floor in IC² or IC1?
    I assume 1 because so far non of my cable sculptures (Hell, i love the new cable rendering) caused anything, but i trivially now a large wired space of IC1 cables can cause overflows.

edit:
    Ow, just tried by myself.. flatwiring is a bad idea, i will talk to player about code optimization, that shouldnt be happening.

• Official Post

IC 2 0.83 uninsulated gold cable, 5*5 floor... with every place cable the lag spike at placing got bigger. till it froze when i laied the 26th out of the ring.

Btw i would love to get a bit more information about how the cables should behave... tested insulated copper cable a bit and its pretty strange, regarding the loss. Setup: geo generator, cable going into an MFE. Set a Geo activated it measured the eu flow, following results: 5th -1/ 11th -2/ 16th -3/ 19th -4/ 25th -5 (1st number cable lenght 2nd number loss of eu)
    Pretty unregularly.

edit: tested it again with different cables...all the time i get the same result. after making a 5*5 area of cable it kills my game. as i said, i think thats because of all the possible connection of all the cables, which increases exponentially with each cable laid.

• Official Post

Another thing i tested with Glass-Fibe cable: Setup MFSU, straight line of Glass fiber cable, Solars place next to it.
    All works fine, but the solar at the 10th and the 17th cable do not put power into the cable, they just load the internal storage and stop working. (starting with the 20th solar, they stopped working due to loss)
    If i replace the solar on that not working cable, with another generator (generator and geo tested) they will work. Ripping them off, and placing a solar again still shows a not working solar... Can anyone reproduce that bug?

Also tested it somewhere else with another orientation, still cable 10 and 17 would not accept power from solars.