IronChests 2.1 : SMP/SSP/Bukkit...

• Just in case you didn't get the hint cpw gave you guys... This thread is supposed to be about the Iron Chest mod. :)

And to get back to the original topic, I'd like to know if this is compatible with the IC2 addon. Meaning I have the IC² addon installed on my server and would like to switch to this mod, do I have to clean all chests or can I just edit the config/ID and be done?

• Just in case you didn't get the hint cpw gave you guys... This thread is supposed to be about the Iron Chest mod. :)

And to get back to the original topic, I'd like to know if this is compatible with the IC2 addon. Meaning I have the IC² addon installed on my server and would like to switch to this mod, do I have to clean all chests or can I just edit the config/ID and be done?

In theory the items are compatible. The blocks definitely are not so if you're upgrading a 1.0 world to 1.1 you need to remove the iron chests from your world and leave them as inventory items. So what I tested was:
    Pre upgrade- break all my iron chests (about a dozen or so)- leave the contents just floating about (and the chests too)
    Run the world upgrade
    Post upgrade- log in and pick up and replace all the chests and refill them with their contents.
    I'm not 100% that I got everything but it was incredibly hard to write code that would preserve compatibility (I had 3 tries and the result was always a completely corrupted world when I tried to preserve the blocks) so I figured this compromise was reasonable.

• That's a good way of looking at it. Not to mention, the Mk3 Collector requires the equivalent of 45 diamonds to make. If I had an IC solar panel that required that kind of material, I'd expect it to be spitting out diamonds a lot faster than an EE Collector-Condenser array will.

I made a good argument to why EE sucks on the old teleport pipes thread (on mcfs) - I am not a fan of flamers immediately disagreeing with me based on principle (I don't like people who pick a side, and stay there no matter what, pelase try to see it form my view, and reply there, you can post my response and your response here for continuity sake if you so desire.

20kb for a signature? who has pictures that small??

• Im just gonna say, any conclusion you took on that "OLD" teleport pipe thread, may or may be not obsolute due to xeno changing the way EE its balanced and the funtionality of most EE Machines with every update he does.

not a "flaming on principle" since i havent played with EE too much in this version, just a simple observation.

• Im just gonna say, any conclusion you took on that "OLD" teleport pipe thread, may or may be not obsolute due to xeno changing the way EE its balanced and the funtionality of most EE Machines with every update he does.

not a "flaming on principle" since i havent played with EE too much in this version, just a simple observation.

go and read the post first wouldya..

20kb for a signature? who has pictures that small??