IronChests 2.1 : SMP/SSP/Bukkit...

• Is available. I am putting this here because it has a long legacy as an IC2 addon. However, it is no longer an IC2 addon, it's purely forge, so without further ado, I refer you to the main minecraft forums post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…5-11-forge-ironchests-20/

With thanks to Lishid for the great idea and permission to carry it on.

V2.0.1 out- allows support for InvTweaks to happen...

V2.1 is available, SSP, SMP, bukkit support...

• Is available. I am putting this here because it has a long legacy as an IC2 addon. However, it is no longer an IC2 addon, it's purely forge, so without further ado, I refer you to the main minecraft forums post: http://www.minecraftforum.net/…5-11-forge-ironchests-20/

With thanks to Lishid for the great idea and permission to carry it on.

You are amazing! Thank you so much for updating this.. AND you made it independent without the need of ic2.. That's just fantastic. Now we can use it in vanilla if needed. Nice to see there are copper and tin chests now! Unless I'm stupid and they were in there before lol. I always just go straight for diamond when I can.

• You are amazing! Thank you so much for updating this.. AND you made it independent without the need of ic2.. That's just fantastic. Now we can use it in vanilla if needed. Nice to see there are copper and silver chests now! Unless I'm stupid and they were in there before lol. I always just go straight for diamond when I can.

Fix'd
    I also made a suggestion for DM/RM chests

• Fix'd
    I also made a suggestion for DM/RM chests

Use Alchemical Chests?

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Oh I had thought it was tin at first lol, cool silver chests.. Also why do so many ic2 players use Equivalent exchange? That mod seems so cheap basically like cheating.. Oh I can turn dirt into diamonds!! lol and have magic flying rings n such.. It just seems weird that the same people who like IC2 which is mainly about mostly realistic tech progression and machines etc also like a mod that basically lets you cheat with some item that mines holes for them in like 3x3 or something like that and lets you turn anything into anything, seems like you might as well use NEI or TMI lol.

Not trying to bash it I'd just like to know why everyone like to pair EE with ic2 and bc?

• Also why do so many ic2 players use Equivalent exchange? That mod seems so cheap basically like cheating. It just seems weird that the same people who like IC2 also like a mod that basically lets you cheat with some item that mines holes for them in like 3x3 or something like that and lets you turn anything into anything, seems like you might as well use NEI or TMI lol.

I felt the same way once, too - then I tried EqEx and enjoyed it.

The latest version (6.16) is extremely well balanced and fits nicely with other mods. Sure, there are still very powerful items - but they are very expensive. It takes the equivalent of 128 stacks of cobble to make a diamond now... or one stack of coal. Hey, that sounds like another mod we all like to use... :whistling:

• Oh I had thought it was tin at first lol, cool silver chests.. Also why do so many ic2 players use Equivalent exchange? That mod seems so cheap basically like cheating.. Oh I can turn dirt into diamonds!! lol and have magic flying rings n such.. It just seems weird that the same people who like IC2 which is mainly about mostly realistic tech progression and machines etc also like a mod that basically lets you cheat with some item that mines holes for them in like 3x3 or something like that and lets you turn anything into anything, seems like you might as well use NEI or TMI lol.

Not trying to bash it I'd just like to know why everyone like to pair EE with ic2 and bc?

Its all about the fun, we download mods to have fun.

Its the same with EE and IC2, i usually download EE because of the convecionality of it, and with recent changes it has become a lot more balanced than before. Besides i usually stayed away from power items in the last version but im giving a try to them now.

• Its all about the fun, we download mods to have fun.

Its the same with EE and IC2, i usually download EE because of the convecionality of it, and with recent changes it has become a lot more balanced than before. Besides i usually stayed away from power items in the last version but im giving a try to them now.

More balanced? Have you seen the Mk. 3 collector? that and a item maker chest (forgot it's name) == cheat mode. Might as well be using TMI or NEI.
    horribly unbalanced. Hell, even a 1 or 2 mk. 1's and that chest is bad.

• More balanced? Have you seen the Mk. 3 collector? that and a item maker chest (forgot it's name) == cheat mode. Might as well be using TMI or NEI.

You do know getting that MK3 collector is horribly difficult to do right?

Anyway with the recent version the Early game was SEVERELY nerfed, but the late game its more or less the same. Also dont expect to do any kind of transmutation until you find at least a diamond since the Philo stone was also nerfed and the cost was bumped from a slime ball+something else, to 4 glowstone-4redstone-1diamond.

And one last thing to add, a single MK3 collector isnt going to do much for you, you need at least 4 of those + a Antimatter Relay to get a decent rate of EMC if you really want the expensive stuff constantly.

• You do know getting that MK3 collector is horribly difficult to do right?

Anyway with the recent version the Early game was SEVERELY nerfed, but the late game its more or less the same. Also dont expect to do any kind of transmutation until you find at least a diamond since the Philo stone was also nerfed and the cost was bumped from a slime ball+something else, to 4 glowstone-4redstone-1diamond.

And one last thing to add, a single MK3 collector isnt going to do much for you, you need at least 4 of those + a Antimatter Relay to get a decent rate of EMC if you really want the expensive stuff constantly.

Odds are it's the same argument as most make, they don't actually play the mod, they TMI the machines/blocks to them not knowing what it takes to make them, then call it overpowered. FYI it takes close to 8000 dirt/stone to make a single diamond, if you have that much laying around, you probably already have plenty of diamond, just makes life easier. Played the latest version myself, had to mine until I had enough diamonds to just make the collector, which took a few hours, then several hours to get enough fuel created to make dark mater to get to the mk2, then the chest.. Yea.

(Edited the dirt/stone amount, apparently was way off)

• More balanced? Have you seen the Mk. 3 collector? that and a item maker chest (forgot it's name) == cheat mode.

The Mk3 collector? The thing that requires, among other things, THREE diamond BLOCKS to make? :rolleyes:

As for the Condenser, it's pianfully slow and requires external power to operate at all. The only way to get it to go faster is to feed it material from an Antimatter Relay - which requires a diamond block per tier as well.

Your comments indicate a clear lack of understanding of how the mod works; since your criticism is based on that lack of understanding it's not worth much.

• Jesus Christ kids.

Tier 1 = Vanilla
    Tier 2 = IC/BC/RP
    Tier 3 = EE

Play the game more or less in this order using only a bit of EE stuff at first and your going to have a kick ass game. If you jump right into EE as fast as possible then you might as well have just did the same thing with IC Mass Fabs / Recyclers / RP Cobble Generators.

Anything and everything can be cheap. Just to learn how to play the mods with more balance and you will have a greater fun experience.

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Jesus I didn't want this to turn into a damned flame war.. Man you guys are nuts, I was simply asking what the appeal was and some of the "mature" responses I got answered that for me. Thank you very much, I may give it a go instead of just judging it. If something feels "cheating" to me then I just won't use it.

Now back on topic, thank you CPW for updating to 2.1 when I noticed the chests wouldn't work with invtweaks I almost died. Glad you got it fixed so fast.

Jesus I didn't want this to turn into a damned flame war.. Man you guys are nuts, I was simply asking what the appeal was and some of the "mature" responses I got answered that for me.

That mod seems so cheap basically like cheating.. Oh I can turn dirt into diamonds!! lol and have magic flying rings n such.. It just seems weird that the same people who like IC2 which is mainly about mostly realistic tech progression and machines etc also like a mod that basically lets you cheat with some item that mines holes for them in like 3x3 or something like that and lets you turn anything into anything, seems like you might as well use NEI or TMI lol.

• More balanced? Have you seen the Mk. 3 collector? that and a item maker chest (forgot it's name) == cheat mode. Might as well be using TMI or NEI.

Not to continue, or start anything again...

EE Collector is just an advanced Solar Panel.

EE Collector + Condenser = Solar Panel + Mass Fabricator

Sure, the rate at which they get things is different, but it's bad to mock one mod for something that the mod you are currently using has as well.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• EE Collector is just an advanced Solar Panel.

EE Collector + Condenser = Solar Panel + Mass Fabricator.

That's a good way of looking at it. Not to mention, the Mk3 Collector requires the equivalent of 45 diamonds to make. If I had an IC solar panel that required that kind of material, I'd expect it to be spitting out diamonds a lot faster than an EE Collector-Condenser array will.