[Suggestion] Alternator

• How about as far as game balancing goes, we put a fixed loss rate on it, like 15%, then you can upgrade it down to 10%, then to 5%
    As for chunk unloading, since the loss rate is fixed, you can give the machine ID codes, then keep the chunks up around them loaded at all times, then do EU transfers via the ID's, and just do a quick wire check when placing them to see if they are actually connected.

When in doubt, Shift out!
    GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the

generation. Social experiment.

• How about as far as game balancing goes, we put a fixed loss rate on it, like 15%, then you can upgrade it down to 10%, then to 5%
    As for chunk unloading, since the loss rate is fixed, you can give the machine ID codes, then keep the chunks up around them loaded at all times, then do EU transfers via the ID's, and just do a quick wire check when placing them to see if they are actually connected.

Thats the moment when you get yerself buildcraft/redpower and do a Long distance piping with Electrolized water cells, same thing different system.

And what the f*** did you meant on the second line? It made no sense whatsoever.

• Thats the moment when you get yerself buildcraft/redpower and do a Long distance piping with Electrolized water cells, same thing different system.

And what the f*** did you meant on the second line? It made no sense whatsoever.

The point is, buildcraft is another f'in mod.
    And the second line is a description on how to deal with the chunks from unloading. if you were to simply mod the server so it doesn't unload chunks with alternators on them (a bukkit mod involving wireless redstone does this) basically sever side you would assign each alternator pair an ID number, then when the alternator sends EU, then the server sends it to the other alternator. Obviously the only way to pair them would be to connect them together.

When in doubt, Shift out!
    GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the

generation. Social experiment.

• I dont know much about chunk loading, but i do know that just because bukkit managed to do it in SMP (To be used exclusively in SMP only) doesnt mean that the same method will be involved in SSP.

And what would be the joke of Extreme voltage with your alternator? Its only application its only for energy transport over large distances, your alternator would simply make this voltage useless. Still find your idea to be lacking of any real use besides making stuff that are already implemented in the game more "Easy"

(And 90% of the people can agree the if you have IC2, you usually also have RP2 or BC because of the powerful synergy between these mods)

Also: Logic!

Oh and just a small note. AC loses more energy over distance due to capacitive and induktive effects effectivly limiting AC-transmission to 50miles. The reason AC is used is because it is so easy to transform. But for really large distances you use HVDC the longest on is in china and has a length of over 2.000km. You lose about 3% over 1.000km with HVDC.

• And what would be the joke of Extreme voltage with your alternator? Its only application its only for energy transport over large distances, your alternator would simply make this voltage useless.

(And 90% of the people can agree the if you have IC2, you usually also have RP2 or BC because of the powerful synergy between these mods)
    Also: Logic!

Er- You can make a reactor generate ABOVE Extreme Voltage. Using RP2/BC, of course. So, one of two applications. :)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Isnt Extreme voltage Anything above 512 eu/t anyway?

It's technically 512-2048, but because of people making CASUC Reactor designs, you could actually surpass the cap. Temp fix for this was to allow EV cable to hold stuff over 2048.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I never use HV. For me, I find making glass fiber is better, HV cabling is actually hecka expensive. It takes 3 rubber per block. Which is 1 sticky resin per block. If you decide to go 3000 blocks, that's a LOT of rubber. 9000 rubber, or 500 diamonds?

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• I never use HV. For me, I find making glass fiber is better, HV cabling is actually hecka expensive. It takes 3 rubber per block. Which is 1 sticky resin per block. If you decide to go 3000 blocks, that's a LOT of rubber. 9000 rubber, or 500 diamonds?

I'd spend OVER 9000 rubber, instead of 500 diamonds, personally.

With EE, I'd use the diamonds... but Rubber is renewable- Very renewable.

And EV, right?

• Even with EE, I'd say even over 9000 rubber is easier to get than 500 diamonds. With all the time it take to put down that much wire, it would be far better to actually go ahead and make a power generation site there. Transmitting power over REALLY long distances generally isn't worth it. I don't know how such a system would work. Involving a fake ""Nether energy mover"? Superconductor would be too expensive to be worth it as well....

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!