Suggestion: Robot implementation

• The great master of IC has already brought up the possibility of robot/droids for IC2. So I have a few ideas for their implementation and kinds.

What if the crafting of droids was done by crafting their individual parts and what and how they are put together decides what robot you get. The individual part would be kind of expensive using a lot of circuits and advanced circuits of course. And then the parts would go in the crafting table like so.

H
    TBT
    L

H = head
    T = tool
    B = body
    L = legs

Their could even be multiple levels for the parts. An easy to craft head that ends up with a robot that works, but is inefficient, and an advanced head that does it job well. A couple of tiers of body bases that have varying levels of power efficient; simple body robot doesn't last too long without recharging, advanced body stores a lot of power and so last a long time. The legs could go something like; 1st tier treads- moves slowly, 2nd tier two legs- moves pretty quick, 3rd tier spider legs-can climb walls. And then the tool decides what kind of robot it is. A grabber arm for a robot that just collects dropped items, so you can mine with your mining laser and your robots go and pick up all the dropped ore. A mining drill for a, you guessed it, mining droid. Chain saw for a lumberjack droid. And so on. This way your robots work together too. Mining droid just mines and needs the gathering droids to get the stuff.

• Are you suggesting something similar to this?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/…f-the-automatonswip-v053/

• Well, sorta I guess. But Alblaka suggested robots once. So I was throwing some ideas out there.

I really hadn't put too much attention on Rise of the automatons with IC2 being close and now out. Rise of the automatons looks okay, but I'd rather a system more integrated with IC.

+1
    But until that day I will use rota with ic+bc. And there are multiple threads about alb adding robots, and on them he has confirmed it, or the threads have been redirected to a thread in wich it was confirmed, althout alb doesn't seem to like the idea of robot enemies