Industrial-scale/endgame power generation - what's your choice?

• When I port the map I am working on to 1.4, I will deploy a 10440 EU/t nuclear plant. I'll need a lot of help keeping it fueled though. Maybe I can employ some of the spambots.

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• Official Post

When I port the map I am working on to 1.4, I will deploy a 10440 EU/t nuclear plant. I'll need a lot of help keeping it fueled though. Maybe I can employ some of the spambots.

Don't let them get close of any computer or you will have serious problems...

• When I port the map I am working on to 1.4, I will deploy a 10440 EU/t nuclear plant. I'll need a lot of help keeping it fueled though. Maybe I can employ some of the spambots.

hmm.. if there's nowhere else for the cells to go (like the only empty spaces are where the cells go after they're removed) than logistics pipes may work.
    You'll need a chassi pipe mk1 and a supplier pipe connected to each reactor.
    Inside the chassi pipe goes an advanced extractor mk3 set to remove any depleted cells. Then the supplier pipe is set to supply the correct number and type of cells. You'll obviously need a few autocrafting tables with crafting pipes and associated supplier pipes (or modules) to support this.

edit: redpower would of course work as well but i'm only mentioning stuff that works now.

• I was thinking Redpower because of the high losses that BC pipes are likely to incur in the tight space (I will be "stacking" the piles right next to each other).

A Rock Raider trained as an Engineer, among other things.

• I know the thread was necro'd, but I personally would use steam turbines powered by tank carts, from a liquid fueled max size high density boiler, fueled by tank carts with biofuel, from a large farm outputting tons of biomass making tons of biofuel, all of which using Mystcraft Intra-age linkbooks and portals to move them in some places, and all of this is only for a small factory where I run a centrifuge to run my GregTech Fusion Reactor. And I'd use the Fusion Reactor to make toast, and power a set of BuildCraft Builders to build the house I'm currently getting gold to make into bricks for the purpose of making a gold brick house, which will one day be a fully functional Frame Ship with RedPower 2, complete with a system to level the ground under it with ComputerCraft Turtles.

After all, with enough resources, including time, this is possible.

Apprentice Redstoner, Professional Slacker

• About 20 MK1 reactors(including breeders). As long as I have enough uranium I can keep them going, I've only run out once or twice because I forgot to prepare more. I think it gives me about 2000 EU/tick. I've been making matter in preparation for the 1.3.2 release of redpower. Some sort of ungodly sized frame ship. It's nice, but the copper for the reactors took forever to mine.

• Don't hold your breath for RP2 for 1.32. She is already working on 1.42 and I don't think backdating to 1.32 is going to be a major thing on her list of stuff to do.

• Don't hold your breath for RP2 for 1.32. She is already working on 1.42 and I don't think backdating to 1.32 is going to be a major thing on her list of stuff to do.

Yea, but *EVERYONE* is going to 1.42. Hopefully, there won't be yet another major change or obfuscation redux to make it still more difficult for them.

• I am banking on the possibility of her releasing the closed beta at some point, but if it never happens meh, I'll have gotten much out of this world anyway

• I am banking on the possibility of her releasing the closed beta at some point, but if it never happens meh, I'll have gotten much out of this world anyway

Elloram has *NEVER* in the production cycle of Redpower, released a Closed Beta. What makes you think she's going to start now? She's got Forgecraft to do her beta-testing so she can release an actual finished and stable project.

The only real thing pushing her production now is the FTB launcher which just released yesterday.