The story of my base [BC2] [RP2] [IC2] [World Craft]

• I used Caesium to reduce these images- on rather high settings, they might be a little over compressed.
    http://sourceforge.net/project…ium/files/latest/download
    I'm also using my own World Craft:
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/…-v010-interesting-worlds/

I found a nice little spot with some oil, sadly a creeper blew up part of my house...
    I got well into rebuilding it, I also planted some rubber trees.

Cleared out what will be the basement.

Started work on the basement, because it's on a hill I can have a window looking out. This will be the center of my industrial operations.

Finally, a nice cozy house, although maybe a fireplace is in order.

The rubber trees, trimmed and ready for harvest.

Ahh! That looks like a house worth living in.

I dug all the way to diamond level to find only copper then I hit this!

Digging out some of the stuff in the cave I find:

Sadly I had no iron, I went back up and smelted some then returned. After a very little mining expedition (like 10 blocks of cave) I had this:

More to come! Mainly some machinery.

• Note: Opti-fine started trolling me throughout this part.

Waiting for one furnace to smelt? Pah! I also rearranged my room to be more efficient (and have more storage).

With a new Macerator built I start smashing, did you know all machines/storage blocks accept redstone? 200EU a piece (enough to macerate something).

And suddenly!
    It's so pretty, I luv my mountain biome.

After seeing the sights (in the middle of the night!) I retreated inside to get to work on my machine room. The cabling will run under the machines in the trench via a BatBox, but right now I'll just run it in a straight line to avoid energy loss.

Back to the mines we go! This will make a good lava source for geothermal...

A good while later I return, it is still snowing!

In the next episode I will work on my energy storage...

• First things first I added a new Macerator, Extractor and an Electric Furnace, as you can see I moved the wiring into the trench and added a BatBox. There is some wire under the generator to run the power from it to the BatBox. I also added a door in the place of the fireplace.

Next I added a room which will be the electrical corridor coming off my machine room (you can see the side of the generator to the left) on the right is the walk way and on the left is where the power stuff will be. A MFE will sit on-top of the LV transformer which feeds to the BatBox. The corridor will eventually be extended and branch off to other rooms.

I changed my upstairs room a bit, adding a double chest for refined material and two automatic crafting tables (they don't drop items when closed)

The start of the solar array, as of IC2 this is the best pattern with a straight tin cable and solar panels on either side. The tin cable runs down to my 'corridor' into the LV transformer (when I place the MFE it will run into that instead).

A quick shot showing my solar array and base.

• Cool, but your solar panels don't work properly, right? :) Weeks ago I settled down in a snowy biome, and I had to go out with showel to dig out those panels. RP cover works best on them to cover it from snow.

• mmmm, looking good. i miss IC2, currently on MC1.2.5 (yes, i know i can downgrade, but more of my mods have already updated to 1.2.5)

Not a fan of using redstone as fuel, easier to cut down trees for wood/charcoal than to find redstone. (and wood is more infinite than redstone :D )

Hell, prove me wrong, Happy to be so 99% of the time, then I can learn stuff :)

• For those of you who are wondering what happened let me explain.
    So I started doing a bit of stuff, and wham I had:
    Built a nether geothermal mass generation rig.
    Built a Minecart track in the nether
    Built a new giant room
    Done a ton of mining
    Got forestry
    Built a plant for making bio fuel
    Built a tree farm for the saplings
    Built an automatic factory for processing ores.
    And some other stuff I forgot about.
    Anyway I didn't take any pictures... Soz guys. So I planned to do a final round up post of all the pictures, so I dutifully loaded up my world. Walked towards my new stuff. And bam! Everything was gone. All the chunks returned to their natural state.

Sorry.
    Bbqr0ast
    Now I have a much better computer I hope to film some videos soon. Perhaps an LP? Possibly a co op SMP one. :).

• If you want to do an SMP one I would suggest going to the Elemental Machine Server 90% of the people give out free stuff when there happy (which is most of the time) and there is very little griefing (only one case). Plus it's got bukkit. :thumbup:

• If you want to do an SMP one I would suggest going to the Elemental Machine Server 90% of the people give out free stuff when there happy (which is most of the time) and there is very little griefing (only one case). Plus it's got bukkit. :thumbup:

I'd probably stick to my own private server, I have a pretty beefy server box which means I can get away with running all my machines in chunkloaded areas (any proper public server should frown on this, it uses quite a bit of CPU power). I kind of find it ruins the game if I just spawn and am given a couple of HV solar panels and a Mass Fab.

• I'd probably stick to my own private server, I have a pretty beefy server box which means I can get away with running all my machines in chunkloaded areas (any proper public server should frown on this, it uses quite a bit of CPU power). I kind of find it ruins the game if I just spawn and am given a couple of HV solar panels and a Mass Fab.

The map got reset and everyones inventorys, gonna be awhile before people gonna do that again also if you dont want it we wont give it.