Information About the Ferru (Trollweed) Plant

• Hello reader! I'm sure you've come here to scroll down the the part where I tell you how to get your trollweed to grow, so I'll make it easy for you.

Step #1: Cross-Breed several different plants to eventually get a Ferru plant.

Tip: I've found that mixing reeds + melons work well. You can
    also try stickreed + stickreed. Your best bet is to lay a bunch of
    crossbreeding crops down between several plants until you see a tiny pale green
    stalk pop up. Also make sure that once you've successfully grown a
    Ferru(Trollweed) plant, remove all other crops from around it in order to give
    it more air.

Step #2: Wait until the Ferru plant reaches this stage:

Tip: Don't worry about fertilizing it until then.

Step #3 Place an iron ORE block directly underneath the soil patch containing your Ferru plant like so:

Step #4 Repeatedly fertilize and hydrate your crop every 10 minutes or so. You don't have to, but it will take a hell of a long time if you don't.

Step #5 Your crop will reach the final stage and will be ready to harvest. Now just cross your fingers and hope you get a seed drop!

Ferru Plant Stages:

Stage 1:

Stage 2:

Stage 3:

Stage 4 (Finale Stage):

• You dont have to cross finger to hope to get a second seed, Just plant your best plant next to the ferru with a cross breed stick in between and clear all plant that spawn that are not ferru.

so after a while you can harvest the middle ferru and just re-plant it further and voila, infinite ferru garden.

• You can take anything you want from here. I just thought a specific guide for Trollweed would be helpful to everyone who's been having problems.

• Also remember that Aurelia looks like Ferru in early stages so if you Ferru doesn't seem to be maturing you should try replacing Iron Ore block with a Gold Ore one.

• You can take anything you want from here. I just thought a specific guide for Trollweed would be helpful to everyone who's been having problems.

Everything you have here is already known. People are just too... lazy ...to find it. I think I will modify my post a little by adding some pictures from here.

• seems i can not breed one with reeds - reeds.

doesnt work, wasted 2 hours at an 50-50 farm :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• seems i can not breed one with reeds - reeds.

doesnt work, wasted 2 hours at an 50-50 farm :P

I hope you ment Stickreeds. not regular once :D because if you wasted your time trying to get ferru from regular reeds then... sorry :D

• I bred a cocoa plant and terra wart together and got this :D

Over modding is the key to success.

One day creepers will learn how to use doors. Then nobody will be safe...

• I can't believe how slow Ferru grows!

I can harvest my 1/1/1 pumpkin patch five times in the time it takes my 11/11/3 Ferru to grow from a seedbag