Welcome to OmegaTech Industries (A Minecraft Let's Play)

• Hey everyone. Ever since I did an Add-On spotlight for F4113nb34st's Biodiamonds add-on, I've wanted to start my own Let's Play with the mods I enjoy using; and now that I've worked the kinks out my software and hardware, I now can!

I've had the name "OmegaTech Industries" rolling around in my head for some time and now I've found a use for it.

Seed:
    -1241439406779757305 (I've investigated this seed already)

Mods Installed:
    ModLoader v1.1
    ModLoaderMP v1.1
    Minecraft Forge v1.3.1.14
    AudioMod v1.1
    ChickenCodeCore v0.4.1
    ----------------------------------------
    Optifine 1.1_HD_A4
    Treecapitator 1.1
    NotEnoughItems 1.1.1 (Deactivated)
    ScrollControls r2
    Crafting Guide
    ----------------------------------------
    IndustrialCraft2 1.64
    {Charging Bench
    {Charcoal Dust
    {Advanced Machines (It's updated, but has a nasty config bug)
    Buildcraft 3.1.3
    {AdditionalPipes
    {SneakyPipes
    {LogisticsPipes
    IC2-BC Crossover IB v0.05
    RedPower pr4d
    Forestry
    Elevator
    EnderChest
    IronChests
    Equivalent Exchange
    Portal Gun
    Metallurgy
    {Metallurgy-IC2 Macerator Add-On
    WirelessRedstone
    {Redstone Remote

Notes:
    - If anyone has a mod that DOES NOT add ores that they think I might like, please suggest it below or in the comments under the videos.
    - This is my FIRST Let's Play, so be nice to me.
    - I do have plans on creating a mod pack with all of these mods, but that will have to wait.

Playlist:
    http://www.youtube.com/playlis…8165A26C94FD&feature=plcp

• The zepellin mod!!! Easy way to bild ships, aircrafts and elevators that can swim or fly or move, whatever you want. I love this mod, at time i build my windfarm on a flying platform where i only can go with my elevator :thumbup:

• Alright! First episode is up! Check it!

first impressions:
    looks like you forgot to turn off a bunch of the extra ores, namely RP2, Forestry and IC2 (since you've got metallurgy, gotta try that mod sometime)
    maybe try recording in 480p or something a bit less demanding? I'd rather have a lesser resolution and a higher framerate personally.
    not sure how your recording but I couldn't hear the game at all so better sound balancing next time maybe?

It's a little amusing though, i'm just about done with minecraft again for a while but I still enjoy watching others to play.

oh and: finally, a decent looking series from someone who doesn't sound like they're 10 or something...
    anyway, keep up the good work.

• @_@ *sigh* Yeah, I know about the ores, really should have before hand, might consider re-recording with many of the ores disabled. Opinions?

I'm still getting used to my software (FastStone Capture, FRAPS doesn't like me for some reason), so I'll look into that. And like I said, I'm still working the kinks out of the sounds.

But thanks.

• @_@ *sigh* Yeah, I know about the ores, really should have before hand, might consider re-recording with many of the ores disabled. Opinions?

I'm still getting used to my software (FastStone Capture, FRAPS doesn't like me for some reason), so I'll look into that. And like I said, I'm still working the kinks out of the sounds.

But thanks.

Well, there's always the MCedit pruning option. select the area you want to keep, hit "select chunks" and prune (forget where prune is located). Anything outside of the area will get regenerated. (so obviously this is done after the config options)

• Disclaimer:I am a fan of direwolf20's let's plays which are really hard to match.

So I watched the first episode and it was pretty good. Mic quality and sound is good except for a bit of background noise from someone washing up which isn't really an issue. You could also talk about some irrelevant stuff while doing not so interesting things but you did well at keeping the conversation (actually it was a monolog) going.However, with all those different ores making something automated is going to be reaaaaaally tough. I'll definitely check out further episodes so keep up the good work.

• @Ook
    Yeah, I'll give MCEdit pruning a go AFTER adjusting ID's

Belak
    Thanks. That means a lot to me.

I plan on recording an episode tonight, after readjusting everything to work a little better.

• Son of a laser-wielding creeper MinecraftCreeper :Mining Laser: ... Got back from my martial arts only to find my Minecraft install designed for the Let's Play inoperable. X( *sigh* I guess I'll have to install again.

Tell you what, I'm going to make a NEW Episode One with everything optimized for recording and the ore settings set to what they ought to be.

Sorry guys. But shit happens. :Nuke TNT:

• Son of a laser-wielding creeper MinecraftCreeper :Mining Laser: ... Got back from my martial arts only to find my Minecraft install designed for the Let's Play inoperable. X( *sigh* I guess I'll have to install again.

Tell you what, I'm going to make a NEW Episode One with everything optimized for recording and the ore settings set to what they ought to be.

Sorry guys. But shit happens. :Nuke TNT:

eh, at least you'll get a world without the craptons of extra ores.
    small tip for next time: run backups. even if it's just right click and sent to compressed folder.
    looking forward to the re-launch of ep 1. I assume it'll be the same seed?

• eh, at least you'll get a world without the craptons of extra ores.
    small tip for next time: run backups. even if it's just right click and sent to compressed folder.
    looking forward to the re-launch of ep 1. I assume it'll be the same seed?

Yeah, I'll definitely be making backups from now on.

Hmmm... Yeah, same seed. I like it. Also, I pruned my mods list so it's a little easier on me, I'll edit the OP shortly.

• I'm so sorry for the delay, internet has been screwy with me plus school has set me back a ways. The redux of episode one is being uploaded now.

I'm sorry for any background slurping sounds, my little brother is a Minecrafter and wanted to watch me while drinking a cola. Sorry guys.

FRAPS seems to be playing somewhat nice for me, I'll see what I can do to get it running fairly well w/o lag, keep in mind, I'm recording on a laptop. I think I'll hunt down a game accelerator to help.

• Finally uploaded for you guys.

still bugs me a bit when I see you burning wood pieces. Reasonably certian that's a bit of a waste there as wood planks burn the same
    slow start, but what minecraft game isn't? :)
    hee. mining by creeper
    well, if you can't find sheep for a bed you can always grow some flax for string and thus wool.

anyway, looking forward to the next ep, though it looks like rubber trees may be a problem given your surrounding biomes.

• still bugs me a bit when I see you burning wood pieces. Reasonably certian that's a bit of a waste there as wood planks burn the same
    slow start, but what minecraft game isn't? :)
    hee. mining by creeper
    well, if you can't find sheep for a bed you can always grow some flax for string and thus wool.

anyway, looking forward to the next ep, though it looks like rubber trees may be a problem given your surrounding biomes.

Yeah, I know. I might go Rubber Tree hunting off camera to find them and bring the Saplings back. Unless you guys want to see that.

• Small-ish update.

What with the news about the new things coming with 1.2, I'm going to be continuing with my 1.1 LP, but once the mods are updated for 1.2, I'll start a new LP.

How's that sound?

Whoops, forgot to say that I'm going to be starting my mods list for the 1.2 LP now. Any mods you'd like to see me include? Just drop me a comment or PM, I don't care much which you choose.