No power being sent over HV System

• I am setting up my very first Wind farm in IC2, however first I wanted to test sending power down the the wire to the base of my tower. I hooked a regular generator to the top and no power is being transmitted. I Used a EU meter and everything is coming up 0's. The system (for debugging right now, I will remove the single segment wires when I figure out my problem) is

:Generator: -> :Cable: -> :LV-Transformer: (redstone applied) -> :Cable: -> :HV-Transformer: (MV, redstone applied) -> 53x :Cable: -> :HV-Transformer: (MV) -> :Cable: -> :LV-Transformer: -> :Cable: (insulated copper) -> :Batbox:
    All wires uninsulated HV unless noted. The HV's in the diagram are MV, the forum does not have a icon for a MV transformer.

The two transformers on the top have redstone torches attached, and power is coming in on the 1 dot side and coming out the 3 dot side.

The tow transformers on the bottom have no redstone and power is coming in on the 3 dot side and going out the 1 dot side.

The bat box has power coming in the no dot side and nothing attached to the output and is empty.

I get no power transferred to my batbox at the base of the tower. If I attach a bat box to the top before the first transformer it will start to fill fine.

What mistake am I making on my wiring setup?

EDIT: Changed title from MV to HV as the main link is a HV connection

• Why are you using uninsulated HV wire? You're losing more power than is being transmitted, that's why you're getting nothing at the end. Use the type of wire best suited to carry packets of the given size. Copper is suited for low voltage (32 EU packets or less), Gold for Medium Voltage (128 EU) and if you can't afford glass fibre (512 EU packets), use iron for HV or higher.

And insulate them to maximum so that you aren't bleeding power.

• Actually there is a simple principe:

Wind-Gen -> First Storage = Tin-Cable (could be used for up to 9 blocks)

First Storage should be an MFE in case of wind, since you have a long way to the bottom. You could also use an MFSU, but it's quite expensive. You could also use Batboxes, but need a new one every 5 Blocks (which isn't that problematic since they are cheap). The reason to use an MFE is quite simple, if you have more than 8 windmills it is easy to produce more than 32 EU/t which will make it problematic to get everything to groundlevel with 32EU/t. So you might waste energy. But for 9 windmills a Batbox propably is enough (since every windmill needs to produce maximum EU to go over 32EU/t). So just use 9 windmills, wire them with tin-cable to your batbox (Tin is exactly made for this, since the 9 blocks you can go are enough for windmill-setup) and wire the batbox downwards with a new batbox after every 4 copper-cable.

• Why are you using uninsulated HV wire? You're losing more power than is being transmitted, ...

I am just running a test setup for now that is why I am running HV wire for now, but I should still be generating power:

• The Generator generates 10 EU/t (I am using a Generator, not a Wind Mill for this test setup)
    • I loose 1 EU out of the generated 10 from the uninsulated wire
    • The LV to MV transformer should be receiving 9 EU/t and should be sending a pulse every 15 ticks (128 / 9 = 14.2)
    • I loose 1 EU out of the generated 128 from the uninsulated wire
    • The MV to HV transformer should be receiving 127 EU every pulse from the LV trans and should be sending a pulse every 75 ticks (512 / 127 = 4.03, 5 * 15 = 75)
    • I loose 53 out of the 512 from the uninsulated wire.
    • The HV to MV transformer should be receiving 459 EU
    • I loose 1 EU out of the generated 128 from the uninsulated wire
    • The MV to LV transformer should be receiving 127 EU
    • I do not loose any power from the single Insulated copper wire.
    • The bat box should be reviving power.

Using an EC-Meter it shows 0's for everything, including the output of the generator.

Actually there is a simple principe:

Wind-Gen -> First Storage = Tin-Cable (could be used for up to 9 blocks)

First Storage should be an MFE in case of wind...

I will be using MFE's and tin cable when I actually make the wind farm, but for now for testing I am not.

also doesn't a red stone signal stop power transmission? looks like he has a red stone torch on each device...

No that applies to Bat boxes. You MUST apply redstone to make a step up transformer. From the transformer Wiki page:

Converting to MV:

In order to convert from LV to MV, point the cable carrying LV from a BatBox or a Generator to one of the one-dotted sides and then link a cable that can carry MV to the 3-dotted side. Do not forget to apply Redstone to the LV Transformer.

• Transformers will buffer input until they have enough to send a complete packet. You can use 39 tin from a low power generator (windsurges during a storm may burn out the tin, or even generator if it's still hooked up) to a step-up transformer and then whatever wire you like.

There's also abuses of transformer chains to continuously regenerate the power packets (reset their distance counters).

• I understand it will buffer untill it has enough power to send a full packet, I mentioned that in my previous post saying it will take 15 ticks per MV pulse and 75 ticks per HV pulse.

however I AM GETTING NO PULSES AT ALL. I know there are much more effecent setups, and I will likely make a more efecent set up when I figure out what I am doing wrong, but I at least need it to work before I can begin to start thinking about efficiency.

• I understand it will buffer untill it has enough power to send a full packet, I mentioned that in my previous post saying it will take 15 ticks per MV pulse and 75 ticks per HV pulse.

however I AM GETTING NO PULSES AT ALL. I know there are much more effecent setups, and I will likely make a more efecent set up when I figure out what I am doing wrong, but I at least need it to work before I can begin to start thinking about efficiency.

Try placing lever on each transformer instead of torch (torch is not working i think), and make sure it points down.

• HUZA!!!! Thank you, that was the problem.

Yeah, Redstone torches don't power the block they're placed on. (They stop emitting a redstone signal if the block they are on is receiving a redstone signal; you can imagine what would happen if they powered the block they are mounted on.)