[Suggestion] Quantum Chests

• Playing industrialcraft is awesome :D but I can't avoid to notice a big lack in the entire mod 8| !!! there is no way to quickly transport materials between places (unless you're using buildcraft that I personally hate) so, avoiding the suggestion of adding pipes that is the only part of buildcraft i think it should be useful seen' it's already being rejected (personally don't know why) i can suggest to make quantum chests that can connect to each others depending on the color (or set of colors, but i think that the base 16 paints should be enough) on the top. The chests with the same color, that can be modified like the wire color, should share the inventory so i can deposit things in chest one and withdraw from chest 2 in a different location (with double chest or more inventory in one block obviously) crafting recipe like:
    :Gold Dust: :Advanced Circuit: :Gold Dust:
    :Energy Crystal: :Coal Chunk: :Energy Crystal: seeing the expansiveness of the recipe i suggest to make it give 2 quantum chests to quick start using them :thumbup:
    :Gold Dust: :Advanced Machine: :Gold Dust:

with :Gold Dust: = glowstone dust
    and :Coal Chunk: = normal chest

p.s. I'm not a programmer so idk how hard it would be but make them work even between worlds would be incredibly awesome!!!

• mhhh... seriously? I was thinking more at the alchemy bag from Equivalent exchange made in to actual chest, however my suggestion is not that bad and I still I think this mod seriously need a way to transport objects

• Just download the ender chest? This mod doesnt need any method to transport items, because this mod isnt about transporting items, we already have Redpower 2 Tubes and Buildcraft pipes for it, do we really need a 3 mod adding basically the same feature? We already have enough with the different energy sources. (EU, MJ,Bluetricity,Vis,EMC,etc)

• I personally don't use bc nor redpower because of that and wanted a way to transport object maybe a futuristic way in IC2 style. However redpower added pipes copying bc, if to make that pipes i wouldn't have to add an entire other mod with a hundred of new ore mostly same as IC (tin and copper and even rubber tree) i would use redpower but it would be awesome to use just one mod or at last make an agreement with redpower to use the same id at last for the same objects and ores (speaking of solar panels) can't see the sense in non being inspired from other mods features... we are the only ones that stay correct the other major mods are copying each others without asking

• I personally don't use bc nor redpower because of that and wanted a way to transport object maybe a futuristic way in IC2 style. However redpower added pipes copying bc, if to make that pipes i wouldn't have to add an entire other mod with a hundred of new ore mostly same as IC (tin and copper and even rubber tree) i would use redpower but it would be awesome to use just one mod or at last make an agreement with redpower to use the same id at last for the same objects and ores (speaking of solar panels) can't see the sense in non being inspired from other mods features... we are the only ones that stay correct the other major mods are copying each others without asking

Inform yourself before speaking like this.

First and foremost, you can disable redpower or Ic copper/tin blocks using the configuration files, and since these ores are in the forge ore dictionary it doesnt matter which ore you use.

Second, Redpower did "copy" from Buildcraft, but eloraam talks regularly with spacetoad specially about this tube system and he didnt mind at all, specially when buildcraft added their logic gates to work with the pipes and elo didnt mind either. Also buildcraft pipes works differently from redpower tubes. Inform yourself

Third solar panels cant share the same block id because one generates bluetricity and the other EU, so its a no go. (besides why do you care about block ids? mods have severely reduced the amount of blocks id needed for them in the past few months)

And we? didnt noticed you were part of the IC2 dev team.

• Well yes I was a little upset before as I said I'm not a programmer so I didn't know that ore stuff i thought RP tin was good only for RP recipes etc. For the "we" I was a little misunderstood (english is not my mother language) it was more like we users who propose to developers: if I support this mod by downloading it and ask 4 something reasonable it would be good to be supported instead of "it's already in that mod go and download it" or at least be told why developers don't want to add it, I made an other suggestion about colored wool and received a detailed and valid reason why it was rejected however my request wasn't about pipes or tubes and I haven't already eared a response cause it's already in an other mod it's not yes or no

• if I support this mod by downloading it and ask 4 something reasonable it would be good to be supported instead of "it's already in that mod go and download it" or at least be told why developers don't want to add i

Just note that there are a lot of people "Supporting" this mod, and the developers can't really respond or otherwise "add" every suggestion that comes their way, they have their own vision of what the mod should be and their own reason to do this mod in the first place. Especially when there are other mods that are widely known and used that do exactly what you are suggesting, because usually those mods are made specifically to work with other mods.

• Well... I still think BC and RP are by now too complex to be defined as "support" mods and using them together with IC2 as i have to provide different sources of power and characteristic blocks for each mod means a great use of resources that in single palyer is mostly impossible even with the tons of crossover mods. Anyways as I didn't noticed you too were part of the IC2 dev team still waiting for a response thanks for the talk FenixR.

• Well... I still think BC and RP are by now too complex to be defined as "support" mods and using them together with IC2 as i have to provide different sources of power and characteristic blocks for each mod means a great use of resources that in single palyer is mostly impossible even with the tons of crossover mods. Anyways as I didn't noticed you too were part of the IC2 dev team still waiting for a response thanks for the talk FenixR.

Use the Ender Chest mod, then. All it adds is a new chest. Nothing else.

Also, IC2 isn't about transporting items. It's about Industrializing everything else. RP2 and BC are the main mods used for item transport, liquid transport, and sorting items.

Why add more pipes for IC2, when they can add new features that no other mod has already? (And RP2/BC are only 'complex' if you use everything the mod has- Not if you only use them to transport items (and/or liquids).)

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Use the Ender Chest mod, then. All it adds is a new chest. Nothing else.

Also, IC2 isn't about transporting items. It's about Industrializing everything else. RP2 and BC are the main mods used for item transport, liquid transport, and sorting items.

Why add more pipes for IC2, when they can add new features that no other mod has already? (And RP2/BC are only 'complex' if you use everything the mod has- Not if you only use them to transport items (and/or liquids).)

Now that i remember both of those mods are also modular, so you can only install what you really need.

• BC also has a config option to work off of redstone pulses- much like RP2 does currently.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Oh and actually RP has a simple reason for making tubes, that IC2 lacks. BC pipes aren't working with Frames and microblocks, which created the need for tubes. Alblaka does not actually has a reason to not point at pipes or tubes if you want a item-transportsystem, since both work well with IC2-machines.

• Oh and actually RP has a simple reason for making tubes, that IC2 lacks. BC pipes aren't working with Frames and microblocks, which created the need for tubes. Alblaka does not actually has a reason to not point at pipes or tubes if you want a item-transportsystem, since both work well with IC2-machines.

Frame, yes. Microblocks, not so much. i bet if Elo would made an api, Spacetoad could take some of his time to make the pipes work with them.

Anyway Tubes are a much nicer system for sorting stuff while pipes are more about getting stuff from Point A to point B without too much complications.

• Spacetoad could take some of his time to make the pipes work with them.

some

He would have to recode the entire thing from scratch to be able to work with microblocks.

• i bet if Elo would made an api, Spacetoad could take some of his time to make the pipes work with them.

If you are going to quote me, at least quote correctly, if Elo made an API, dependency on core file would not be needed and the rewriting of the pipes would not be so extensive.

• If you are going to quote me, at least quote correctly, if Elo made an API, dependency on core file would not be needed and the rewriting of the pipes would not be so extensive.

My assumption is that Eloraam does have plans to make an API, but judging from her protectiveness over RedPower2, it would be a safe guess to say that she will publish it once she is "done" with RedPower2.

Which might be a WHILE off.

• My assumption is that Eloraam does have plans to make an API, but judging from her protectiveness over RedPower2, it would be a safe guess to say that she will publish it once she is "done" with RedPower2.

Which might be a WHILE off.

Isn't she making some game based off of the code she makes for Minecraft? If that's still true, I doubt it will go public- ever.