[Support] Teleporting through ungenerated chunks

• So I have a remote base in my world that I accessed through a distant Nether portal--so the chunks the base are on do not actually connect to the main base chunks. I have found that I am unable to teleport from my main base to my remote base. Is this supposed to happen (aka do I need to walk and generate the world between the two points before I can teleport?)

• Not entirely sure, but if you have the Chunkloading Blocks from Additional Pipes, you can force load the chunks that your base is on, I think that might help.

• Not entirely sure, but if you have the Chunkloading Blocks from Additional Pipes, you can force load the chunks that your base is on, I think that might help.

Are you sure they force chunks to load in SSP as well? Last I heard they only keep the chunk loaded, if you manually load it.

In SMP they work wonders, but I have my doubts for SSP.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Well keep in mind that you have to be on or near the chunk to place the block, those blocks helped me to avoid a few enet errors in the past.

But, yeah, I would think they work nicely in SSP, but I'll double check.

EDIT: Checked the post by Zeldo (original author of AP), the ChunkLoader Blocks keep the chunks loaded in SSP until you exit. SMP will keep the chunk loaded if the server attempts to unload it.

• I know in SMP that once the server is turned off they obviously stop working. However, after it's been started again, and when someone logs in, it forces the chunks to load again.

Doesn't do the latter in SSP(at least, from my testing), so while it helps with keeping them loaded, it doesn't help with teleporting systems if you ever log out of the world.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Actually you misread his post.

He is talking about the chunks BETWEEN both teleporters. Actually they never get loaded, since he takes a route through the nether to get to his second base. But no idea if this will cause problems.