Windmill question

• I was wondering does the feature that destroys windmills if it is in a rain/thunderstorm affect it in a desert biome. I was wondering because it doesn't actually rain in the biome. that is all thanks in advance bros.

• Has anyone ACTUALLY had it happen to them? I've been using them in tower configurations at top layer and have never seen a windgen break on me. Might want to ask SpwnX about it as he's used piles of them at a time.

• Why do windgens even break they are supposed to be no babysitting power generators which have quite high buildcosts and require some knowhow to make them work efficienty. So i dont see where 'chance to break' fits in that.

Also with the new height in minecraft 1.2 what will happen? Simply changing it so that 256 height gives same eu as 128 would in fact nerf them (its harder to reach that level + falling at that height means you are dead unless you hit deep water.

• Official Post

Has anyone ACTUALLY had it happen to them? I've been using them in tower configurations at top layer and have never seen a windgen break on me. Might want to ask SpwnX about it as he's used piles of them at a time.

I had broken wind mills on 1.8.1 beta . On 1.0 and on never got one.
    Edit: got some broken :\

• I had broken wind mills on 1.8.1 beta . On 1.0 and on never got one.

I had one broken one in 1.0, looked funky as all heck. Just a generator up there at the top of the world amongst the windmill. (and a lit one at that)

• I lost my very first gen on like the second thunderstorm that rolled through the server. It was a miscalculation on my part, it was at effective level 81. After that, I've been extremely cautious about placing the gens.