Creating my own texture pack need some information please

• Ok I am about 75% the way done with my texture pack but little puzzled about a few textures. I also have a few general question about texture packs.

Screenshot below has 2 arrows
    First questions and the arrow on the left is what is that row of textures for?

Second question and second arrow points to the transformer and batbox. What is the texture supposed to be it looks like dirt but not 100% sure?

Third question I have created a few texture packs (www.minecraftforum.net/topic/9…texture-pack-hd-64128256/) . Do I need permission of any sort before releasing (if i release) and IC2 texture pack?

Thank you for any help you may be able to offer

screeny below

Edit: Worked out question 2. I assume Question 1 the blocks are not used? If this is the case hopefully only question 3 needs answering.

• The row of colored blocks is for painted construction foam.

The other thing you are pointing to is the LV Transformer. It uses the same textures as the batbox but also has the 3-dot side for the 128 EU current.

• Well, I guess just post under the Texture Packs section of the forum (already there). Then again, I'm just guessing on that. Oh, don't forget to give credit where it's due.

It looks good from where I am. Good job.

• Finished all the block files now apart from block_cable. I have no idea how the textures are done for the cables sadly. Will be saving the GUI and item file until last. (I suck at items) Gui should only take me a couple hours (in theory as looking at them seem pretty basic. Does anyone know of a template for the wire textures tho (labeling the textures used).
    As for giving credit only credit I would need to give is to the addon makers of IC2 as all textures I have done myself :).

Edit worked out cable textures (they suck to get right)

Is it even possible to get the pipes/wires seamless on all 4 sides without using 1 color?

• If your textures are your own original work, you do not need specific permission - you're permitted to do so already. Still, it's nice to acknowledge the developers if you include a readme or something.

Also, keep in mind that the machines are not rendered from this terrain sheet. Machines, wires and other blocks are all on their own sheets.

• If your textures are your own original work, you do not need specific permission - you're permitted to do so already. Still, it's nice to acknowledge the developers if you include a readme or something.

Also, keep in mind that the machines are not rendered from this terrain sheet. Machines, wires and other blocks are all on their own sheets.

Yeh i finished all the seprate sheets i know half the block0 file textures are not used but added them for reference screenshot :).

4 hours later copper pipe base was done 2 hours later the /iron/tin and gold base done very happy with them :). granted took me way longer than would have liked ocd killing me. Doing the first one was the worse tbh as learning how the textures worked and spent about 2 hours tring to work out how to remove the square block and make it seamless (didn't think of connections lol)

• Anyone able to tell me what the below texture I have highlighted is please?

Edit i suspect it is a dust of some sort no idea what one tho so just created a dust with matching colors.

Also anyone know what the 3 red lines are?

• The thing you’re pointing at with the red arrows looks like an Iron Dust Heap. See IC Wiki “Dusts” page.

Ty

Also on dif note just spent last 3 hours doing drill very happy with it in game screenys below. Still not worked out what the red line textures are tho :(.

• the texture you are pointing to is the "Small Pile of Iron Dust" texture. It's just used in an overcomplicated way to turn copper and tin into iron.

Edit: Forgot to mention, nice job so far on the pack!

COMING !SOON: Melumpkins, the Addon!

• the texture you are pointing to is the "Small Pile of Iron Dust" texture. It's just used in an overcomplicated way to turn copper and tin into iron.

Edit: Forgot to mention, nice job so far on the pack!

chears u any idea what the 3 red lines are next to the wires?. I think maybe a spark texture but not sure.

• They're nothing - if they were textures, the background would have to be transparent. Don't worry about them.

By the way, that drill looks GREAT! :thumbup:

• I have finished in item file now working on the crops. Anyone able to exsplain the below textures IC wiki has no info at all on them.

I suspect the bottom left row is corn but no idea on the others. Edit I hope so as just finished that one lol. Also I noticed forgot to cover ripe wheat so I know that one.

Edit again I have finished the crops file (still no idea what some the textures are in it but done them anyways if to bad can always revise at later date. Next stop armors and GUI then finished :)

• Little teaser screenshot showing of some the items. Only have the Gui left to do now tbh in 2 minds if should do the GUI reason being i actually like the clean default look and the fact seem to have lost the files I would have used for the gui :(. Edit decided to be a bit lazy with the gui just creating a nice overlay for them