Bug: Rubber trees

• I noticed that when I rightclick the resinspot on a rubber tree with a tree tap sometimes nothing comes out.
    Then I started removing the leaves around the woodblock and the resin appeared.

So the treeblock cannot see which side is blocked by leaves and which side isn't?

• Official Post

Yes it does not see which side is blocked, but that aint no problem. even if you hit the hole with a tap and nothing comes out because it blocked. just remove the leaves around and the previously generated resin will fall down.

• Another small rubber tree bug, leaves from other rubber trees (possibly all trees) stop the growing of the tree, resulting in very short rubber trees. I observed two and even one log short trees.

Picture attached

Looks like a bug in the algorithm for tree growing, could this pertain to the fact that leaves aren't considered blocks?

• So no tightly packed rubber tree farms? :(

Just thought this is a bug because its possible with other trees, since they just grow through leaves.

edit:
    just found another rubber tree mini bug: punching it gathers exactly as fast as with a stone axe(only axe i tested).

• Official Post

You can pack your rubber trees tightly if you remove all the leaves above the sapling before it grows - it can only grow up through empty air.

Axes will harvest rubber trees quite a bit more quickly in the next release, as MC Forge has allowed us to register them as effective.