Bug: Rubber Saplings don't grow

• I found a rubber tree, stripped off the leaves for saplings and planted them in my tree farm. 2 hours later still no trees from the saplings. As a control I planted other normal trees which grew just fine, but no luck with rubber trees. Anyone else having no luck with cultivating rubber trees?

• Ok, they don't need any special requirements met to grow, right? Just the normal tree requirements? Also bonemeal doesn't work on them. Not sure if that was intentional or not.

• I have found my problem in growing them, seems they don't like having just 1 piece of dirt to sit one. I moved one sapling to a larger plot, blinked, and it was a tree. Now to see what the minimum dirt needed is. Thank you for the help.

• Actually, after extensive trial and error the problem is that rubber saplings need grass to grow, rather than just dirt like the other trees. This leaves out a lot of peoples tree farms, including my initial one.

if(world.getBlockId(i, j - 1, k) != Block.grass.blockID || world.getBlockId(i, j, k) != 0 && world.getBlockId(i, j, k) != mod_IC2.blockRubSapling.blockID)

this shoud be updated to check dirt\grass also this MUST ignore leaves (all types).

currently it wont glow if anything obstruct grow and only over grass.

Unsafe.putObject(42,Unsafe.staticFieldOffset(42.getDeclaredFields()[42]),43);

• My problem is finding any amount of them at all. I had to use TMI to spawn in saplings for my world. I generated a random seeded world. The other problem I have with them is for another thread, but I guess I can say it here as well. When you hit them with a tree tap, the resin goes flying all over the place.