Long distance power station

• Alright, I've tried to familiarize myself with some of the threads that talk about this question i have and I'm currently In the process of planning out the design for my first nuclear reactor. I've played around with them on creative mode for some time now so I'm well aware of the kind of damage they're capable of and want to put it as far away from my home as possible So i've selected a spot near my original spawn point in an attempt to make the nuclear explosion do as little visible damage as possible. My problem is I have to send the power over roughly 270 meter blocks to reach the NPC village where my home is located. My question to all you old hats is, Do you think it's feasible to put my reactor so far away?

To let you know I'm planing on using tipple insulated cable and extreme voltage to transmit the distance.

if you'd like to see the world for yourself the seed is "hmm" without the quotes with MC1.1 The reactor site is inside the cliff face behind you at spawn and you can find the village roughly about x212 z-267. the house is located not far away but in the direction of the swamp ontop of the hill at the end of the gravel road

• I usually place nuclear reactor directly under my house. I put it about 20 blocks under the floor, which provides enough security, if there is one layer of reinforced stone aound reactor. I let it explode once and nothing in my house was destroyed, it just left big completely hidden hole under my floor. I dont usually make basement so its fine for me. Also this placement allows me to lead cable directly through the center of my house, which is then easily accessible.

• You lose 216 EU per 2048 EU packet (about 10%).
    Just a note if you are using EV then you need a HV transformer at each end of the HV cable with the three dot face facing the HV cabling (that will be transmitting EV) and the input one (on the reactor side) toggled with redstone.
    By the way 45 blocks should be sufficient. Put it say 100 blocks away to be safe cutting your loss to 80EU a packet or %3.9. One or two layers of reinforced stone will help as well.
    At 270 blocks the chunks may not load meaning the reactor will not produce power (unless you have chunkloader blocks) 100 blocks may be to far... I ahve no idea how many chunks MC loads at 100 blocks you 6.25 chunks away at 270 your 16.8~ chunks away.

• Build it straight under your house, or your neighbours, or the church. If you're going for a safe design, there's no reason to place it so far away, reinforced stone is your friend, 3 layers should do thet trick if you want to be cautious. :)

• Build it straight under your house, or your neighbours, or the church. If you're going for a safe design, there's no reason to place it so far away, reinforced stone is your friend, 3 layers should do thet trick if you want to be cautious. :)

Or for lawls i can build it inside the church for a nice planet of the apes reference! But all seriousness though if the distance means the reactor chunk might not be loaded then that is indeed a problem and means i have to reign in my design. Who knows, i'm a builder at heart maybe i'll find a way to make safe, surface level, and look pretty.

• Nuclear reactor isnt dangerous at all :D you just need 2layers of reinforced stone and your safe. but you also have to make sure that your weakest points (cabels) are also safe. that would be like this. if you have cabel going from your reactour, you should bend it after 2 layers of stone to lets say right and then make wall of 2 or 1 layer reinforced steel where that hole is. well like this
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Coal Chunk: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: ... :Reactor:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Glass Fibre: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :MFS-Unit: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

:Intergrated Plating: reinforced stone
    :Coal Chunk: anyblock

• Actually the shielding depends on the reactor. A basic MarkII will not need as much Shielding as a CASUC (well since a MarkII should never explode you might also ignore the shielding). For a Casuc I would advice 3 or even 4 layers.

• Well i also had a secret reason for wanting to put the reactor so far away. That being wanting to be able to put down a miner just about anywhere along that line and not have to worry about fueling it ^^ from my creative mode tests with nukes though i found that an obsidian lining inside reinforced stone actually proved effective, I'm still doing tests creative mode side to see if obsidian lined blast chambers would have the same result with six chamber reactors seeing how obsidian is cheaper and there's more ways to acquire it

• if you want to put down a miner any where without worrying about power use 3 LV solar arrays and a batt box and throw a pump next to one of the solar cells with another crate next to that you can run OV scanner and diamond drill with no problem... probably could get by with 2 LV arrays but i like to be safe and they are cheap

:Solar Panel:
    :Solar Panel: :Batbox: :Miner: :Personal Safe:
    :Solar Panel:

• from my creative mode tests with nukes though i found that an obsidian lining inside reinforced stone actually proved effective, I'm still doing tests creative mode side to see if obsidian lined blast chambers would have the same result with six chamber reactors seeing how obsidian is cheaper and there's more ways to acquire it

You can't be testing too well, as obsidian is nerfed; Nukes blast right through it! ;)

• You can't be testing too well, as obsidian is nerfed; Nukes blast right through it! ;)

This is true, But in most cases it seems just enough to protect the reinforced stone from being vaporized. Kind of like fighting a lightning creeper and surviving because there's one block of dirt between you and him