Bronze Cables(combine advantages of tin and cooper)

• my idea are bronze cables.
    they have a lose rate of 1 per 10 blocks,because advantages of tin cables.
    because of the copper they can only transfer 32 eu.

They would be uselfull ifu connect all ur mashines with lv and dont want energy lose,else they would be usefull for miners with small lose rate,too.

• Doesn't copper already have a 1EU/t loss per 10 cables?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Shows I rarely use copper.

But I don't think that's how combining Tin+Copper would work, realistically (Minecraftically?)(Industrialcraftically?).

Then again, I was wrong about the wires, so iunno.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• its minecraft,not everything need to be reallife realistic,but u can tke the advantages of low looserate tin and 32 eu cooper.

• i support this, there already are cables made of copper - tin - gold - diamond. why not combine 2 lower tier metals to form an slightly better conductive material?

-might also be an idea for the higher tier cables- combine them to new alloy's-

hmmm. alloys.... combine gold with iron? diamond dust with iron?
    awesome, macerate diamonds and combine them with refined iron (also dust) and melt them to form an superconductive lower energy loss cable.

idea?

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Seems like that would be something similar to the agriculture in that you discover more alloys as you play with the crafting grid.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Seems like that would be something similar to the agriculture in that you discover more alloys as you play with the crafting grid.

exactly! seems like an verry nice addition. il be ceeping an eye on this thread :)

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I think adding Bronze as a new T2 cable would work out... Probaby a 1 in 5-7 blocks loss, combined with 128 capacity.

Also please do somethink about gold
    i really like gold but we dont use it and gold cables sucks (
    in real life gold is really cool material but we dont use it becouse it is really expensive (In MC i have 1 stack of gold blocks :thumbdown: )
    So i have some idea not soo balanced but think about it :
    1st using in electronic circuit a gold ingot instead of iron, Advanced circuits also could use gold in its recipe
    2nd Less eu loss with gold cables 1 EU every 4 blocks (in real life gold is a good energy transfer so it could even have like 5-10 blocks before eu lose)
    3rd using in MFE gold cabels instead of cooper

Also it would be nice to see a new laser wich could do more damage :thumbup: or orbital laser canon it would be SOOOO COOL (Dreaming about burning friends base to ashes :thumbup: )

• Gold cable has a 128 capacity, but 1 in 2.5 block loss.

Gold: Now even more useless!

I think that bronze cabling as T2 would be a good move, but it should be balanced against gold in some way. It should indeed have around 1EU loss per 7 blocks, but, while having the low EU loss of tin cabling, should also have the penalty of not being able to receive insulation. Also, I'm not too sure about how electric shocks work in this mod, as I always set up my wiring safely, but if shocks can only occur when the wires aren't covered by other blocks, perhaps the bronze cabling should shock entities if there is only one block between it and the volume of air containing the entity.

• agreed, maybe gold can play an importend part in making alloy wires?

for example, you smelt one gold out of dust. refine the gold, just as iron. then macerate it into concentrated gold dust. making that the base ingredient for alloyed wire. with the exeption of the lower tier cable's like bronze.

• no more idea's?

come on people, this can just turn out to be the next great release. same base code as agriculture.. making advanced cables to combine properties of the diferent materials.