Pontoons/ Floating Structures

• You know how it is, there's a lovely set of resources, buildcraft oil, water for mills or maybe an underwater cavern. Perhaps you want to build an offshore city but...
    Diving to the bottom of the ocean and building up with sand is risky, there's always the temptation for one more block before you surface and then that annoying glitch where you cant seem to swim upwards and powie...your life is spread over the bottom of the ocean.
    Well, if this suggestion is accepted, these worries could be over. I give you the PONTOON, simply combine a boat with scaffolding and deploy with a simple right click.

Zzap... a small piece of solid land for you to build off.

Actually, for personal aesthetic reasons I'd prefer 3 boats and 3 scaffolds to produce a 3 long structure, but as I've no idea how hard it is to code multiple block structures I've decided to keep it simple.

A nice long term use would be to form barges to transport liquids or solids long distances, again thats not quick to code and would probably overlap with other mods such as Zeppelin.

• Another possible route with this could be to freeze a block of water. A (very far fetched) freeze ray, or (slightly more believable) ice cell could be used for this. Have a stack of them, right click to freeze, and get your building started before it thaws again. Could also have the side effect of turning lava to obsidian (would make lava lake traversal a little easier). Not sure about it's effect on oil, though.

• Official Post

Nice idea you got, but that looks like you want a boat that can place blocks on top of the water.
    With the Redpower-Frames you can build such boat if eloraam releases them before 21.12.2012 (12.21.2012 for americans).
    So then it will be obsolete and i don't think that Alblaka will add any entitiys in next time (except items and projectiles).

And the Freezeray is also a good idea for later.