[Support] Re-Enable Enchantments on ElectricTools?

• Just knowing that a brave man like you has the courage and fortitude to play a computer game with some stuff disabled will get me through the rest of the day. Thank god for you, sir, and your selfless contribution to humanity. Maybe if the rest of us could emulate your tenacious dedication to justice and purity in computer games the world would be that much better. Alas we may never know because too many poor souls are occupied with showing strength in their lowly jobs and lives to summon the immense moral and ethical courage needed for shunning a feature of a computer game.

Let us dream though, brothers. Let us dream...

This post is so full of sarcasm that i dont find it funny.

That's a fair call. Just as as lapotron miners are off by default, leave enchanting tools turned off by default but let the weak and spineless turn it on.

F*** the weak and spineless, if they cant play the way the devs want it to be played, they should return with their barbie dolls and tea parties.

(P.S: I did find funny the first quote)

• I had a diamond drill with efficiency II. It mined obsidian in 4 seconds and could break logs as fast as iron axes. It also mined everything else insanely fast. That's really good for only 11 levels. So I do kind of miss it, but it's better to not have something so game breaking.

• im playing without enchants on my nano/quantum items nor dril/etc i have one pick with is eff2 unbreaking 1 it got only one puropse mine The "blue stuff" and i dont mean redpower nicolite tho after like 3-4 months on my SP save im wondering for what else now i may need them so i say no to enchants on drils etc but effect like on rubber boots added to jetpack would be great ( dying from flying 1 title up in SMP
    is such a pain ... )

• Just knowing that a brave man like you has the courage and fortitude to play a computer game with some stuff disabled will get me through the rest of the day. Thank god for you, sir, and your selfless contribution to humanity. Maybe if the rest of us could emulate your tenacious dedication to justice and purity in computer games the world would be that much better. Alas we may never know because too many poor souls are occupied with showing strength in their lowly jobs and lives to summon the immense moral and ethical courage needed for shunning a feature of a computer game.

Let us dream though, brothers. Let us dream...

I lol'd super hard.

I hate how uptight the damned IC2 team is.. they are always like "FUCKIN TAKE THESE CHANGES OR GO KILL YOURSELVES, THERE IS NO IN BETWEEN".... For christ sakes give us a damn config option for people who do want it... Don't you want your mod to appeal to the masses? Well you have to start with things like that.. If people want something as an option that they need to turn on then let them have it.. It was already there and working so why the hell not. As long as its off by default then its not hurting a damn thing. But NOOO you guys are too anal with your mod where you can't even fuckin add extra output slots to the macerator like adv.machines does because you're just too lazy or want people to have to babysit that stupid machine. Same with the extractor etc. You guys say "well automate it!" what if people are only using IC2? and don't have BC to pump shit out of the machines? Exactly.. you guys don't like to take any criticism from the community or any suggestions of the sort because you're too stuck in your ways of doing whatever the hell you want when you should be looking at what your fans want. Keep it up and one day you may not have any more fans left. We shall see.

• if u want it do it yourshelf it isnt that hard to decompile it isnt it ? ( un less ur so lazy then forget it) they have right to make any mod in any way they se it fit if they . and it isnt like u cant make addon for it right >.> if lot of people will use it then maybe they will add something similar.

PS.
    If u dont want to babysit ur machines get RP or BC they can automatize this for u so dont whine.( they can even automatize ur breeding reactor)

PS2. Darn swamped so many letters so had to edit this twice lol

• I don't see how its harmful to allow people to change an option for this, however. If someone REALLY wants it, it's a simple matter of firing up NBEdit and just adding the enchantment tags anyway. Overpowered? Sure, as much as any mod might appear to a vanilla user, I know some people who think macerators and quantum armor are OP for certain. It's simply just a matter of personal choice and perspective, like people who play games with cheats/trainers/OP or god mods and people who play vanilla or mods that keep the same level of balance. I'm not sure how exactly choice harms IC2 in this regard, at least.

So I've got the thing decompiled, but I'm waaaay too new at Java to attempt to figure out exactly what I need to change.

The Tekkit server I'm on has asked members to find a solution to help re-enable enchanting on electric items. The problem is that they want to still be able to do it via random enchants on a table instead of via commands with mods such as EnchantMore, etc.

The easiest solution is for me to go in and re-enable enchanting in the mod itself, but I don't know what tags to add to what class file. -.-'

It's a fairly large server that averages 30-50 players at a time, so any assistance would earn all of their undying gratitude.