Solar panel wiring

• I would make it this way:
    32 Solar collectors feed 1 batbox
    Another 32 solar collectors feed another batbox
    Both of those batboxes have a seperate cable running to a third batbox and from there the EU
    get transported to your machines.

So you got 3x 40k EU Buffer, the "central" batbox gets filled with 2x 32EU/t during day and outputs 32EU/t all the time

However you have to consider that night & day don't have the same duration (and I'm not sure if solar collectors generate energy during Sunset/dusk),
    so your plan might not work that well.

Offtopic: Am I blind or has the "new topic" button disappeared?

• Nope.
    The 1st (from the solar panels direction) batbox will still only emit 32 EUt... the other batboxes wont get the 32 EUt overflow. Unless you put 2 batboxes NEXT to each other, wiring both of them directly. That would work, though without buffering.

yeah but I meant as a buffer for the night. the first batbox should catch the surplus energy and give it out during the night...

If there is such a thing as Heaven and Hell then I'm royally screwed...

• the "buffer for the night" is gone if you go to bed once

I never use beds aside from once to set my initial spawn point to my house. If I really want to use beds, I will activate the Somnia mod, hence why this does not apply to me.

Beds reduce the difficulty of the game, and really don't seem to have been implemented very well. I think some of the reason people find Solar panel OP is that they use their bed, so they are almost always working.

• Nope.
    The 1st (from the solar panels direction) batbox will still only emit 32 EUt... the other batboxes wont get the 32 EUt overflow. Unless you put 2 batboxes NEXT to each other, wiring both of them directly. That would work, though without buffering.

Does this mean if you have 2 batboxe's in parallel you'll still get 32EUt?

• If you place them parallel, they will both emit 32 EUt, thus you will not loose any energy at all.
    However, they won't buffer up energy, and you will be sitting in the dark when it becomes dark (lol).

Well when the Luminators work :P

• If I recall correctly, there is a mod that adds a light sensor block. You can just use that and wire the signal to the buffer batbox (assuming you have 2 batboxes in parallel). That way, when sun goes down, the sensor activates and (if needed, inverted) redstone signal dies, which makes the batbox release power.