Suggestion: Water Mill Re-Work

• in my opinion Water mills were (still are) not worth the effort, even at max efficiency they can only output .25eu/t? and even when making those Water Towers, that was way to much effort for how simple a device they should have been. so here is my recommendation.

make then output a max of 2.6Eu/t (.1EU/t per block of water touching it), and a bucket equal 5,000 (1/4 as effective as lava), also allow a Pump to pump water into the watermills "forcefully" creating a slight Over-Unity System. going through all this work and also building a pump to feed these would cause them to produce slightly more energy then Solar Panels but requires additional items such as the Pump and requires alot more set-up then "place Solar Panel, attach wire, recieve power"

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

in my opinion Water mills were (still are) not worth the effort, even at max efficiency they can only output .25eu/t? and even when making those Water Towers, that was way to much effort for how simple a device they should have been. so here is my recommendation.

make then output a max of 2.6Eu/t (.1EU/t per block of water touching it), and a bucket equal 5,000 (1/4 as effective as lava), also allow a Pump to pump water into the watermills "forcefully" creating a slight Over-Unity System. going through all this work and also building a pump to feed these would cause them to produce slightly more energy then Solar Panels but requires additional items such as the Pump and requires alot more set-up then "place Solar Panel, attach wire, recieve power"

1: Water mills are already on Alblaka's list for reworking. [Off topic: Same for luminators]

2 : 2.5 EU/t (you made it wrong since you can only have 25 water blocks because you forgot to count cable :P) would make watermills extremely overpowered, compared to other "free" generators.
    3: Pumping water inside water mill = perpetum mobile.

1: Water mills are already on Alblaka's list for reworking. [Off topic: Same for luminators]

2 : 2.5 EU/t (you made it wrong since you can only have 25 water blocks because you forgot to count cable :P) would make watermills extremely overpowered, compared to other "free" generators.
    3: Pumping water inside water mill = perpetum mobile.1: Water mills are already on Alblaka's list for reworking. [Off topic: Same for luminators]

Pretty much these points... As much as I would like increased EU output on water, it still seems OP for the wattage that you are asking for. Also consider the fact that water is infinite in Minecraft, and that alone can create a huge imbalance in gameplay. (Hence why Deuterium fusion reactors are so powerful if you have the reactor to fuse it)...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• 1: Water mills are already on Alblaka's list for reworking. [Off topic: Same for luminators]

you could always just not attach a wire and use batteries :p lol, but yeah i forgot that one. also windturbines produce about that much if perfectly set up and don't require nearly as much set up. also some people would rather just make 2 solar panels and do absolutely no setup what-so-ever, and that's more infinate then water. also, using a pump to pump water into a "water turbine" is basically what an Over-Unity System is in real life. also using a pump to pump water would greatly drain the over all profit of energy from the water mills. so it's making them more stable and automated at the cost of some of their effectiveness. also using Geothermals in the nether with pumps might as well be as infinate as water in the overworld.

also using water turbines in a Water Tower format requires alot of setup and materials and takes up even more space then solar panels, so respectively they produce alittle more energy, but not much. and since most people would be using the tall water tower idea for these then you'd only get like .9eu/t from them. so not only would they take up alittle more space total then solars, they'd produce less, with more set-up, kind of like wind turbines. if done properly are far greater then solar panels, if done wrong (or lazy), then they are worthless.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Pretty much these points... As much as I would like increased EU output on water, it still seems OP for the wattage that you are asking for. Also consider the fact that water is infinite in Minecraft, and that alone can create a huge imbalance in gameplay. (Hence why Deuterium fusion reactors are so powerful if you have the reactor to fuse it)...

Water is one of the most overpowered things ever in minecraft, it can be used for primitive item transporting,cool reactors, setting mob traps ,etc..

Off topic:

Fusion reactors, i would like to see one, which would be 10 times more dangerous and complex to work with. [It's a tech in development in RL]
    For risks, if somehow the confined plasma explodes, the explosion power would be much bigger than nuclear reactor due heat generated by fusion be many times higher than fission.

• as it is most people's servers crash when even the current nuclear reactor explodes, at the very least the client near the blast get completely locked up. i'd rather not have even larger scars on my server from idiots not knowing how to manage reactors. this usually resorts to my creating a dome cap of CFoam over the hole and painting it green.

i think i'd rather just see more stable and efficient ways of setting up and cooling the current reactors, like slapping icce blocks against it instead of water, creating better Reactor Components out of Iridium plates instead of Advanced Alloys, ect. that waay we could set up power producing reactors easier and more efficiently and leave the Breeder Reactors to the pros.

• Pumping Water with pipes into a Watermill was already a major No (By Al).

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Official Post

you could always just not attach a wire and use batteries :p lol, but yeah i forgot that one. also windturbines produce about that much if perfectly set up and don't require nearly as much set up. also some people would rather just make 2 solar panels and do absolutely no setup what-so-ever, and that's more infinate then water. also, using a pump to pump water into a "water turbine" is basically what an Over-Unity System is in real life. also using a pump to pump water would greatly drain the over all profit of energy from the water mills. so it's making them more stable and automated at the cost of some of their effectiveness. also using Geothermals in the nether with pumps might as well be as infinate as water in the overworld.

also using water turbines in a Water Tower format requires alot of setup and materials and takes up even more space then solar panels, so respectively they produce alittle more energy, but not much. and since most people would be using the tall water tower idea for these then you'd only get like .9eu/t from them. so not only would they take up alittle more space total then solars, they'd produce less, with more set-up, kind of like wind turbines. if done properly are far greater then solar panels, if done wrong (or lazy), then they are worthless.

Geothermals in nether are good, but soon or later lava MAY be all drained.
    Hydroelectric powerplants use water from rivers , not water pumped out from somewhere.
    When you pump water up you use X energy, then you use that water to generate you get about X/3 energy, meaning not all gravitational energy "stored" in water is used to generate energy. That is efficiency. Another exemple are fuels, when they are burned the energy chemically stored inside it are released as heat, but only a small part of that heat is used to boil water and spin turbines.

Water mills could only generate energy as RL if water was like the one from finite water mod, (water [from rain] is stored at a high place, then released into turbines)

• Fusion has the potential to give way more energy than fission, but it's also much safer. We don't have the ability to create a fusion chain reaction in our best reactors (ITER) - in fact, it's quite a challenge to even keep the reaction going. If a fusion reactor loses containment, the worst thing that will happen is that you get a small amount of radiation leakage and a few things close to the reactor core will melt. It certainly won't go critical and explode.

GENERATION (Pineapple + i): The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Geothermals in nether are good, but soon or later lava MAY be all drained.
    Hydroelectric powerplants use water from rivers , not water pumped out from somewhere.
    When you pump water up you use X energy, then you use that water to generate you get about X/3 energy, meaning not all gravitational energy "stored" in water is used to generate energy. That is efficiency. Another exemple are fuels, when they are burned the energy chemically stored inside it are released as heat, but only a small part of that heat is used to boil water and spin turbines.

Water mills could only generate energy as RL if water was like the one from finite water mod, (water [from rain] is stored at a high place, then released into turbines)

do some research on Over-Unity Water Fly-Wheels

• ...... Like one of those guys above, fusion reactors can't blow up. The explosion of a nuclear reactor is actually the superheated steam escaping. A fusion reactor cannot function if anything screws up, because extremely powerful magnets/laser pulses are needed to keep it compressed. Plasma is not really that dense, and without confinement it would just disperse and possibly cause internal damage to the reactor components.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• do some research on Over-Unity Water Fly-Wheels

Perpetual motion machines violate the laws of physics. No way no how.

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!