Release of Minecraft 1.2 is here, let waiting begin

• I guess there will be a 1.2.4 soon, since some things still not work as they should.

Because of that, I'm also quite sure that IC2 will need some time... the new updates provide a lot of new stuff for modders and they simply have to adopt to these changes first. I guess the actual IC2-Beta is more or less a playground to figure some things out.

It will be a small change probably requiring only a hour or two of work to update stuff.
    I updated by mod (1.0 -> 1.1) in like 2 minutes (but it only had about 5 base file mods).

• The problem as I see it is twofold: First,while 1.0 -> 1.1 was a very minor change, 1.1 -> 1.2 is much larger -- Jeb & Jon almost completely rewrote several portions of minecraft's code, for starters.

The second problem, of course, is waiting until all the prerequisite mods (espiecially MCForge) have been updated.

• Linux, it's rather murder for servers requiring a nasty little hack job to get around.

Can you describe the 'nasty little hack job'? I thought there were murmur's of this having been fixed since 1.0 (which I'm still at) so I wasn't really too worried about it.

But I have a solution that I've been using with no real issues. It's a hack job, but I'm not sure I'd label it as 'nasty'.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Can you describe the 'nasty little hack job'? I thought there were murmur's of this having been fixed since 1.0 (which I'm still at) so I wasn't really too worried about it.

But I have a solution that I've been using with no real issues. It's a hack job, but I'm not sure I'd label it as 'nasty'.

It was fixed for a while but the fix has since vanished.
    the nasty little hack involves a fat32 partition image (~40Meg) loopback mounted to the mods folder directory. A "solution" i'd rather not have to use.

• I do think that Forge has officially been updated for 1.2.3 under the 'Recommended' tab.

Let the updating begin!

• It was fixed for a while but the fix has since vanished.
    the nasty little hack involves a fat32 partition image (~40Meg) loopback mounted to the mods folder directory. A "solution" i'd rather not have to use.

Essentially the same fix as me except mine is a vfat, 5gig and it holds all of the server, not just mods.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.