[Suggestion] how to make solar more balanced.

• the first piece is a collector box. Represented as a tesla coil.

:Solar Panel::Solar Panel::Solar Panel:
    :Solar Panel::Tesla Coil::Solar Panel:
    :Solar Panel::Solar Panel::Solar Panel:

:Solar Panel: Em pty :Solar Panel:
    :Tesla Coil:
    Right now panels transfer the light into energy. Well there's another type of panel. It heats water other wise know as solar hot water heaters. The collector box in the middle would contain water either through water cells, ice or supplied from a pump.
    They would transfer this heat into the collector box and the water would be used to create that would then be sent into the cables to run whatever.

Why is that a good idea.

The way solar panels are now there's no need to build anymore than one solar array of 32 panels They will provide enough power until you go to nuclear or geothermal.

Instead of just setting tin cables and covering them in generators this would require space to set up the system.

• Sounds like a pain to code not to mention a possible cause of lag.
    Solars are fine as they are right now, although the ability to add some sort of dust that disables them (requiring cleaning) every x amount of hours (set in config- if zero disabled) could be nice for those players who really hate them...

It's not going to cause anymore lag then a Redpower fueled caustic reacter or a whole solar array. Or any other auto sorter systems that exist.

Solars are fine as they are right now, although the ability to add some sort of dust that disables them (requiring cleaning) every x amount of hours (set in config- if zero disabled) could be nice for those players who really hate them...

If it works like a single block, there wont be too much lag like a solar panel array (Not talking about the mod) although i dont understand well how is this supossed to work.

Although the dust would be a good idea, i bet the super solar flowers would not exist anymore if the people who made those would ACTUALLY had to maintain those things >.>.

The way solar panels are now there's no need to build anymore than one solar array of 32 panels They will provide enough power until you go to nuclear or geothermal.

The problem is, nobody wants to go nuclear or geothermal, thats why Solar panels have been such a pain in the arse of servers for a good while.

In cold biomes a layer of snow will interfere with solar. In warm - add a "mud layer", which can be found on solar after rain ends. In desert - let sand layer can be found on solar rarely from time to time. It not needed to be at each solar. The need to check each of many will help you.

Also can anyone explain: is it solars create lag or tin network under them?
    If tin, then should help such trick:
    If solar will have one side, which can be connected to other solar without cable massive network calculation will not be needed.

• Also can anyone explain: is it solars create lag or tin network under them?
    If tin, then should help such trick:
    If solar will have one side, which can be connected to other solar without cable massive network calculation will not be needed.

Both actually, although i think the major offender are the Solar Generators since cables where made to work with high quantities of them, solar generators where not.

• I'm afraid if solars placed as flat square, tin network has too many interconnections underneath? Is lag different in 3*3 solars and 9*1 solars?

• Hence why Every server should have advanced machines, if purely for the Advanced solar arrays, which cost slightly more, but at T3, uses, Oh, Around 512 times less CPU, but for the same power output.

• There are disadvantages like not being efficient like 15% so I think that 1 eu per tick is fine but the mud covering a solar panel how does mud get on the solar panel if it is up high ( like 81 y axis).

Random MinecraftCreeper and :Nuke TNT: ... Did I make my house out of nukes?
    Crud, Everybody evacuate the area now got get to the closest... wait is that a :Reactor:
    <speaks to himself> There goes my life of my energy. :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :Nuke TNT: :pinch: