[Suggestion] UUM-"Crafting"-Device

• Official Post

I got this idea from a Forumpost and didn't found a thread belonging to this.

A UUM-Production-Unit short UUMPU, which should stop people from carrying UUM with them, to instaproduce the things they need.

It's simply a device that produces your stuff out of UUM, instead of using the Craftingtable.
    Put UUM in and select what you want from its GUI (or put UUM in a craftinggrid).
    After a certain time and a small energyconsumption it has produced the Material you want.

Edit: It's also possible to use it to craft things like Circuits or Iridiumplates directly from UUM, and there is no limit to 9 UUM per recipe!

Edit: The craftingrecipe could be like this:

:Rubber Log: :Compressor: :Rubber Log:
    :Macerator: :Advanced Machine: :Extractor:
    :Advanced Circuit: :Electric Furnace: :Advanced Circuit:

:Rubber Log: = Workbench and Chest
    Machines are needed to process items like sticky Resin or Ironore.

Now to the GUI itself:
    Leftclick on item = Produce one more
    Shift-Leftclick on item = Produce as much as Possible
    Rightclick on item = Produce automatical while enough UUM is there (For Automatisation)
    Shift-Rightclick on item = ?

it has an internal Storage for 6 Stacks of UUM (shown as :Matter: ) and 9 Stacks of the Product (shown as :Industrial Diamond: ).
    Also it has 36 Slots (or 30 + Scrollbar shown as :Rubber Log: ) to Select the item like the Craftingtable-II.
    And it shows the Actually selected Product (shown as :Advanced Machine: )
    The GUI looks a bit like that:

UUM-Production-Unit
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Matter: :Matter: :Matter:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Intergrated Plating: :Advanced Machine: :Intergrated Plating:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:
    :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Rubber Log: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond: :Industrial Diamond:

:Intergrated Plating: = Void

So that's the basic idea.

• Official Post

This would be good so we won't be limited to 9 UUM items (diamond) and get something manufactured like circuits [i don't like making tons of circuits manually. It's annoying], insulated cables, machine blocks , etc.

Didn't thought about that! Directly crafting Stuff like Circuits from UUM is great! I will adjust the Mainpost.

• i kinda like the idea but i'd still like to be able to carry UUM around with me when i need it. like if i need wood for either sticks or planks for building houses, or creating source waters so i don't have to run home for a bucket. but i would like the abillity to directly craft other items out of UUM without setting up another room in my Buildcraft Factory as i have been doing for the more common items. for example. i have a 10x10x8 room that auto crafts Circuts and advanced machines for me. but it takes a really long time from the point i throw the UUM into the input hole and recieve the final products. this is a chain of going all the way from UUM ->Ores/resin -> dusts/rubber -> bars -> cables and other products ect. so it's already possible to create what this thread is about. but it takes a HUGE amount of space, about 3 minutes and Buildcrafts help to make each final product.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

The mainpurpose of this thread is to keep these N00bs with no planningabilitys away from wasting permanently UUM, instead of carrying usefull items like 2 Waterbuckets, Wood, Planks, (Char-)Coal or Arrows with them (like me).

That with the craftingautomatic and the usage of more than 9 UUM came later.

And yes, even i'm carrying UUM with me, since i have way too much of it, but it is in the Enderchest which i'm using as a Toolbox.

Your BC-Factory needs only 3 minutes to create Circuits out of UUM, and you say it takes long time!?!

• 3 minutes per circuit, which is a quite a bit of time concidering i can make a full stack from dusts and rubber in all of 1 minute. so when i'm trying to mass produce a few Nuclear Reactors i'd rather not have to wait like 2 hours but also do something more productive then poke around through chests digging out coolant cells to make the Heat Despensers by hand.

also most people do carry or should carry that stuff regardless, but when your on an SMP server running an adventure or expedition with 4-6 people and someone runs out of a particular material before some of the others, it's nice to be able to create the materials they need at the cost of a few million energy. also, sometimes it has nothing to do with planning and more or just it being convinient. specially for wood in underground bases when you need large amounts of sticks for torches or wooden gears from BC.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Really 3 minutes per Circuit not a bit more efficieny, so producing Circuits parallel, then it takes less time than starting only a new Process if the first is finished. To be a bit clearer: My version would take 3 minutes to slowly run on, then it produces "NumberOfProductionSteps" Circuits every 3 minutes and last but not least it takes 3 Minutes to slowly run off. Sorry if your machine is already running like i imagined here but i've never seen it working.

To the Planningabilities:
    If you try to build an Undergroundbase then you should take a few Saplings, Rubbersaplings and Bones with you, to get a constant Wood/Rubbersource for it (in the Nether is also a Dirtblock usefull). UUM for wood or resin is EVER a waste.

And there are much better uses for UUM. Lastly i've spend 10 UUM-Stacks for 4 Ironore-Stacks, instead of mining/searching it, and i'm never using the damn "Tin->Iron"-conversion, because it's cheat/buguse/whatever.

I also don't think that an expedition with more than two other players is getting out of Wood, IF they have followed the instructions of my last post here. Oh and Wood is nearby everywhere on the Surface and in abandonned Shafts, and theres no sense of wasting Torches in the Nether or the End, which are maybe usefull as Landmarks but can be far away (sightrange) from each other.

So is there really a sense of carrying UUM with you? I don't think so.

Oh and to the Undergroundbase. You can place a UUMPU in your new Base, it's only using a bit LV and a bit time.

• at the moment i'm in the middle of updating my server and more then likely with simply scrap my old world, but once i get it back up and running i can show you my method of making what your refering to. however, your single machine sounds like a much better idea then my set-up because my setup takes anywhere from 40-120 blocks in a specific setup that usually takes up a 20 by 8 by 10 room if i line the walls with it. it's kind of cool to watch though. but compressing this relatively large room into a single block would be extremely convinient even if it takes longer to produce. sure beats the hell out of setting up a production room for each item that takes about 30 minutes to set-up.

• Personally I think this is a pretty good idea as a concept.

However, in application I think it would add to the problem of people making a mad dash for UU-Matter farming. I think it would motivate people even more to make huge solar farms just for UU production.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• Personally I think this is a pretty good idea as a concept.

However, in application I think it would add to the problem of people making a mad dash for UU-Matter farming. I think it would motivate people even more to make huge solar farms just for UU production.

it would inspire me to fire up my ICE CASUC REACTOR :D

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i'm with minjboogje, i'd fire up my 4 CASUC reactors and fill up my Energy Wall each week and watch it go to town. ALSO MIJNBOOGJE!: i watched your reactor videos, not to shabby, however i noticed something that i'm not sure if you were aware with your MassFabs, if you have 6 MSFUs all cabled together and run 1 cable to a MassFab, then you take that cable and wrap it around the MassFab so that it touches all 6 sides of it then it will cause it to work exponentially faster and can pump out a full stack of UUM in just a couple of minute, and you can just use a cable splitter, destory the main cable, or let it fill up, to turn it off, that's how i run my 2 Mass Fabricators, i just let them fill up and pull the stacks out when i need them to produce more. i also have 1 that i have constantly running and feed scraps into though from my cactus/quarry recycler.

p.s. what's easier/faster, 4 nuclear reactors that ouput alittle short of 9,000/t with virtually no server strain, or 9,000 solar panels to crash your server and make everyone hate you? lol

• I hope, no one trys to make a regenerative Massfabricator, with Solar, Wind or Water. Except he/she uses HV-Solar-Arrays for it.

I'm using huge Geothermal and Nuclear to Power it, and soon there will be a new ICE-CASUC on my World.

i'll be honost, up until about a month ago what i would do is use 80 solar panels to charge a wall of MSFUs that were linked to a MassFab that i would leave turned off, i then had a cactus recycling facility that would fill up 12 chests with scraps, once all the scrap chests were full i'd use BC to pump the scrabs into the MassFab and have the 920milloin EU storage wall power it for a day or 2, but i never ran my MassFab without scraps, that's how i preserved a little bit of my servers integrety. now i just charge a wall about 1.6billion EUs once a week using 4-8 CASUC reactors.

p.s. i didn;t know about the HV solar arrays until 4 days ago.

• With Redpower you can make the Scrapfilling automated with a Timer, a Counter (for the Scrap), an Itemdetector and a bit Wiring, so you can continously produce UUM with Scrap without have to manually switching the Scrapfillingmachine on and off.

lol, well i could have just set it up to pump out exactly the ammount of scrap i needed to keep it running or to just over-flow the MassFab and return excess to boxes, but i was lazy at the time and didn;t want to calculate how many engines i'd need to use cause my massfab burn through a stack of scrap in like 6-8 seconds.

• Official Post

With Redpower Tubes, you dont need Buildcraft for transporting Items, and the Itemdetector counts every Scrap going through it, so if you let a Stack going through, it silently pulses 64 times (nearby without Lag). These pulses will be counted by the Counter, which will be decremented with the Timer, so you only have to set the Timerintervall right, which is very easy with it's GUI. If you know how, you can setup that very fast and you will NEVER have to come back to fill the Scrap into the Massfabricator. But sadly you don't have Redpower installed so... :(

If you are too lazy then wait for the boringness. It will kill the lazyness after a while. :D

• With Redpower Tubes, you dont need Buildcraft for transporting Items, and the Itemdetector counts every Scrap going through it, so if you let a Stack going through, it silently pulses 64 times (nearby without Lag). These pulses will be counted by the Counter, which will be decremented with the Timer, so you only have to set the Timerintervall right, which is very easy with it's GUI. If you know how, you can setup that very fast and you will NEVER have to come back to fill the Scrap into the Massfabricator. But sadly you don't have Redpower installed so... :(

If you are too lazy then wait for the boringness. It will kill the lazyness after a while. :D

lol, usually i just use exxcessive amounts of chests and do an overflow system, but the way i set up that particular massfab i have to manually feed ALOT into it. and it would have taken like 2 hours to set up properly, so i just did a "flood bath" system. it still works fine it's just not as asthetically pleasing, lol