[Suggestion] Geothermal Generator Byproducts

• Official Post

This Idea is short and simple: Make the Geogen output one Obsidian for every 4 Lava it proceeds.

If Lava cools down you get Obsidian. So what does a Lava in a Geothermal Generator? Yes it cools down!

So isn't that realistic enough to say more?

Edit: The Geogen could use Water to increase the Obsidianproduction or can use Water in general for generation, so the Geogen needs two Liquids to run.

• Actually, Obsidian its only gotten when lava cools down Really FAST, almost instantly i think. If it cools down slowly you get stuff like marble/basalt/cobblestone.

And if you use water you end up cutting the effiency of each lava cell since the geogen depends on the heat/steam to produce the energy isnt it?

• Official Post

Actually, Obsidian its only gotten when lava cools down Really FAST, almost instantly i think. If it cools down slowly you get stuff like marble/basalt/cobblestone.

And if you use water you end up cutting the effiency of each lava cell since the geogen depends on the heat/steam to produce the energy isnt it?

Steam comes from cool Water, which is heated by the Lava and turns on the Generator, like with a real geothermal Generator.
    Basalt is a RP-Material so Alblaka will not add it.
    And its producing 1 Obsidian for every 4 Lava so it's much less efficient then puring Waterbuckets over Lava.

Maybe you can increase the Obsidianefficiency with Iceblocks (increases EU/t too).

• Steam comes from cool Water, which is heated by the Lava and turns on the Generator, like with a real geothermal Generator.
    Basalt is a RP-Material so Alblaka will not add it.
    And its producing 1 Obsidian for every 4 Lava so it's much less efficient then puring Waterbuckets over Lava.

Maybe you can increase the Obsidianefficiency with Iceblocks (increases EU/t too).

But the water never touches the lava, nor is it near enough to affect its temp.

The idea its to keep the lava hot enough for the most amount of time to evaporate the most amount of water for steam.

If you place iceblocks you will once again reduce the effiency by cooling the lava too fast without evaporating much water.

• Official Post

But the water never touches the lava, nor is it near enough to affect its temp.

The idea its to keep the lava hot enough for the most amount of time to evaporate the most amount of water for steam.

If you place iceblocks you will once again reduce the effiency by cooling the lava too fast without evaporating much water.

1. The Water doesn't have to touch the Lava for cooling it down, it has only to be in the Geothermal.

2. Yes, that's true and that's the reason why you get so low amounts of Obsidian out of it instead of a 1:1 ratio.

3. Ice is consisting out of Water, but you need energy to cool the Ice, and it is more Energyefficient (Only for the Generator) to use colder stuff in a Heatgenerator so it produces more EU/t and is cooling down the Lava faster than Water.

• how about you just have the geothermal randomly generate Obsidian 20%, cobblestone 35%, and gravel 45%?

Or, even better in my opinion, Lavarock! As blast resistant as Obsidian but is a REALLY dark grey almost black with red "cracks"

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• more then likely not, sadly, but it could be used in other projects or just used as an early alternative to Construction Foam and Reinforced Stone, just with slightly less blast resistance. i don;t think they'd want to take the time implimenting a geo-thermal byproduct though sadly but this would be a unique and nice way to create a blast resistant block.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• indeed. also when i first started playing MC a long time ago i was kind of sad that obsidian wasn't jet black or atleast a really dark almost black color. i never cared much for purple. so a Black and Red "obsidian" would be much more ideal.