[Suggestion] Macerecycler

• Official Post

So that's my second (and hopefully last) Idea of today, the Macerecycler.

It's a machine that gets advanced items like Circuits or other Machines in and puts out their Dustvalue, Diamondvalue and a bit Scrap for the rest.

Recipe:
    :Gold Dust: :Advanced Circuit: :Gold Dust:
    :Recycler: :Advanced Machine: :Macerator:
    :Industrial Diamond: :Advanced Circuit: :Industrial Diamond:

:Gold Dust: = Glowstonedust

Some examples:

Advanced Circuit =
    1 Irondust
    6 Redstonedust
    3 Copperdust
    2 Glowstonedust
    and 0-8 Scrap (Default-Recycler-Possibility) for the 2 Lapis and the 6 Rubber
    Yes, Lapis gets scrapped.

Lapotroncrystal =
    1 Diamond
    2 Irondust
    12 Redstonedust
    6 Copperdust
    and 0-18 Scrap for the 6 Lapis and the 12 Rubber

Macerator =
    9 Irondust
    2 Redstonedust
    2 Sand (from the Cobblestone)
    3 Flints
    and 0-6 Scrap for the 6 Rubber

Ironore =
    2 Irondust
    0-1 Scrap for the filtered Stone around the Ironore
    Like normal but twice more EU/cycle-expensive and trice slower because of the up to three outputted items, so about six times more EU consuming.

Minecart =
    5 Irondust
    0 Scrap

Bucket =
    3 Tindust (or if the Tinrecipe is disabled in the config 3 Irondust)
    0 Scrap

Solarpanel =
    10 Irondust (8 from Generator, 2 from Circuits)
    6 Redstonedust (2 from Generator, 4 from Circuits)
    6 Copperdust (1/2 from Generator, 6 from Circuits)
    4 Tindust (from the Generator)
    3 Coaldust (from the Panel)
    8 Sand (from the normal Furnace)
    and 0-16 Scrap for the 13 Rubber and the 3 Glass

This machine outputs small piles of Irondust for more precision and elsewise rounds the output down (the 0.5 Copper of the Generator for example).

The Scrap is produced at the same rate as of the normal Recycler ( 1/8 ).

It takes longer for more advanced Machines depending on the amount of the outputstuff.
    To be precisely 1 Macerationduration for every outputted nonscrapitem and one recyclerduration for every scrapped restitem.

It would take 2 Maceratordurations for every Diamond outputted by this.

This machine is twice more EU-consuming as the normal Macerator and the Recycler together but you can still use it for Macerating your stuff less EU-efficient. It would take six times more EU for a normal Ore, but you get a 12.5% chance for an additional piece of scrap filtered out by this machine.

The GUI has 1 Inputslot and as much outputslots as:
    The amount diffrent Dusts (9 or 10) + Diamond + Flint + Sand + 14 or 15 for other Mods/new Dusts/Scrap = about 27 Outputslots (Chest).

All the Macerecycleable items must have a hardcoded outputvalue, this means not scanned from it's Craftingrecipe and so not possible for every item of every Mod. That would need a new Forgehook to let other Modmakers implement Macerecyclerrecipes easyly. So Spacetoad, Eloraam and the IC²-Addonmakers could add Macerecyclerrecipes for their Stuff.

So, thats the second (and the better) Idea of today.

• Dont see much point to this i rather use those circuits and stuff instead of recycling em.

Also i didnt catch if the process was a 1:1 ratio for materials (except for the few exceptions you placed there), it should not be 1:1 (And i mean for all materials, not for a few material).

Industrial diamonds were deprecated in 1.7 version.

All types of machines (Furnace, extractor, etc) have a single process time, and i doubt its worth the effort to place fluctuacting process time depending on the Input material.

• Official Post

It's a machine to get your (or another ones) stuff back into usefull resources.

The machine gives you only the Ores (and Diamonds but not Lapis) and Scrap for the rest, so you have already a loss.
    The processtime varies, because it has to process all the single Parts of a machine, so it costs also more EU for a more advanced Machine.

Just say you got Solarpanels somehow from another player and you don't need them really, because they are causing lag. It would be pretty useful to get the resources from these panels back, or not?

I have 1.43 IC² so i didn't knew that with the Industrial Diamonds (looked up the wiki for confirmation) and will adjust my post.

• how about changing this thing up and making it into a "Deconstructor" that will tear apart items, anything from a Nuclear Reactor to a crafting box, and when "deconstructed would return the components of that machine to you with a 85% chance of getting the item, 10% chance of scrap instead of an item, and 5% chance of nothing. these calculations would apply to each component. so say you put a MFS into the Deconstructor, you would usually get most of your items back but rarely 1 item will be missing complete missing, or uncommonly 1 component would get "ruined" and you'd get scrap instead of a lapotron crystal or so. this could be used to break down out-dated or replaced items to materials you could use for something more useful, or if you are in dire need of materials. for example, say you need lapis for some Lapotron Crystals and don;t have any, but you have an old LapPack that you have made an extra of or the one that you are using is not as important at the time, you could deconstruct it and get most, if not all, of your lapis blocks back.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

how about changing this thing up and making it into a "Deconstructor" that will tear apart items, anything from a Nuclear Reactor to a crafting box, and when "deconstructed would return the components of that machine to you with a 85% chance of getting the item, 10% chance of scrap instead of an item, and 5% chance of nothing. these calculations would apply to each component. so say you put a MFS into the Deconstructor, you would usually get most of your items back but rarely 1 item will be missing complete missing, or uncommonly 1 component would get "ruined" and you'd get scrap instead of a lapotron crystal or so. this could be used to break down out-dated or replaced items to materials you could use for something more useful, or if you are in dire need of materials. for example, say you need lapis for some Lapotron Crystals and don;t have any, but you have an old LapPack that you have made an extra of or the one that you are using is not as important at the time, you could deconstruct it and get most, if not all, of your lapis blocks back.

Maybe the 85%-Chance of getting something and the remaining 15% for scrap instead is good, but you would never get the Lapotron of an old Massfab back, only the Diamond, the Redstonedust, and the stuff you get from two circuits if you are lucky. Lapis will be considered as scrap so it's a bit more worthfull, and Diamonds are to hard to Macerate so you will get them directly back.

The whole thing is used to get Dusts (and Diamonds) back from your Machines (Therefor the Macerator) and scrap out all the other things (and a bit of the Ores). Coaldust (and maybe later Wooddust) could accidently be burned while this process, because of frictional heat causing a fire.

With a Deconstructiondevice or similar you could get the components (Circuits or Lapotrons) back but this is an advanced Recyclingmachine for the basic materials.

• maybe have both then? have mine the Advance Machine version of yours? that way if someone wanted direct basic components then they you use yours and later if someone wanted to rip apart a machine for cuircuts and not have to rebuild them back from scratch and only wanted to break it down alittle then they could use mine?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Overcomplicating stuff, for something that its rarely a issue.

Going back 3 to 4 recipes back (MFSU->Lapotron->Energy Crystal->Diamond) just to get that basic material its stupid and would be a pain in the ass to code. Just make (dammit im on my bitching boiling point), that thing to "Decraft" and thats it, Chances to get craft materials 60-70%, chance to get scrap 10-20%, chance to get nothing whatever is left to finish 100%. And yes those ranges, because decrafting its basically tearing appart what you made, and its quite possible to not getting something useful out of it. Also those chance are per slot, so if the recipe required 5 materials to make it, it will check those % for each material.

(Also Macerecycler its a stupid name had to say it or i would blow up)

• Official Post

maybe have both then? have mine the Advance Machine version of yours? that way if someone wanted direct basic components then they you use yours and later if someone wanted to rip apart a machine for cuircuts and not have to rebuild them back from scratch and only wanted to break it down alittle then they could use mine?

Yes both could be possible. And your machine could not dismantle basic things like circuits or batteries because they are a bit to overcomplicated for it (And my version would be useless if it could).

• well fenxir, his idea is basically you ram an item in it and you get all the basic stuff like dusts and rubber. mine wouldn't tear the items to bits and dust, it would mearly disassemble the item like your stating, so you wouldn't HAVE to use the "macerecycler" to shred your machine and then rebuild the new one from scratch. mine would maintain a few of the components so you wouldn't have to re-make everything. perhaps you have have a toggle-able mode with the application of a redstone current?

• Yes both could be possible. And your machine could not dismantle basic things like circuits or batteries because they are a bit to overcomplicated for it (And my version would be useless if it could).

your idea wouldn't be useless because if someone wanted only dusts and basics from say a nuclear reactor then they would use yours, if they wanted dusts or bars from mine they would have to break down like 8 items at a time. your would be quicker but would destory more.

• Did you got a better name?

Decrafter. Although i got a better concept for that, Making all IC2 Recipes (Or at least those involving machines and electrical tools) to be made with a special crafting table which would require EU to operate (Although this concept needs better refining, especially the energy use), also this table could not be tied to the regular 3x3 grid making for more complex recipes.

@above: read the middle of my other post.

• Official Post

well fenxir, his idea is basically you ram an item in it and you get all the basic stuff like dusts and rubber. mine wouldn't tear the items to bits and dust, it would mearly disassemble the item like your stating, so you wouldn't HAVE to use the "macerecycler" to shred your machine and then rebuild the new one from scratch. mine would maintain a few of the components so you wouldn't have to re-make everything. perhaps you have have a toggle-able mode with the application of a redstone current?

Toggle via Redstone is bad. Two diffrent machines is much better, because they are doing completely diffrent things and would need diffrent Craftingrecipes.

• Official Post

Decrafter. Although i got a better concept for that, Making all IC2 Recipes (Or at least those involving machines and electrical tools) to be made with a special crafting table which would require EU to operate (Although this concept needs better refining, especially the energy use), also this table could not be tied to the regular 3x3 grid making for more complex recipes.

That's good for Snoochys machine even if i prefer Disassembler. It doesn't fit to Mine giving you the basic elements. Next try.

• If the devs would chose between those two machines (Not that they have any reason nor will they do it either), they would chose sno one. Why you ask? Its the lesser pain in the ass to code one, if you want the basic materials, just place the items over and over again, more useful (because you dont skip so many steps) and does exactly what yours do in the long run.

• If the devs would chose between those two machines (Not that they have any reason nor will they do it either), they would chose sno one. Why you ask? Its the lesser pain in the ass to code one, if you want the basic materials, just place the items over and over again, more useful (because you dont skip so many steps) and does exactly what yours do in the long run.

the only thing i'd see being really annoying would be the output method, but if it could be done with IC2 or even with the help of BC then you could make a a chain of these and get the affect from the original idea as well, would just take alittle longer. but like you said, would be alot easier to code and for most people would be more convinient i'd imagine.

• Official Post

If the devs would chose between those two machines (Not that they have any reason nor will they do it either), they would chose sno one. Why you ask? Its the lesser pain in the ass to code one, if you want the basic materials, just place the items over and over again, more useful (because you dont skip so many steps) and does exactly what yours do in the long run.

Actually its very easy to implement what i've said, but theres much stupid Copy&Paste work behind it. And yes, the other way is much easier to implement but will not work on so much items as mine.

• the only thing i'd see being really annoying would be the output method, but if it could be done with IC2 or even with the help of BC then you could make a a chain of these and get the affect from the original idea as well, would just take alittle longer. but like you said, would be alot easier to code and for most people would be more convinient i'd imagine.

The output its the most simple thing to do. Its the backtracing to the basic materials and calculating those chance with each material of each backtracing that its annoying.

• Official Post

The output its the most simple thing to do. Its the backtracing to the basic materials and calculating those chance with each material of each backtracing that its annoying.

Annoying? What's annoying on a simple algorithm? Backtracking is very simple and easy to implement, especially recurisve. The only problems are Items with more than one craftingrecipe (Generator or Ironfurnace) and recipes with more than one item as output (Watermills).