Suggestion: using brewing stands to create fertilizers/other stuff for agriculture

• Since brewing stands have little to none use for those of us who like industrial stuff I think it would be interesting to make them more useful for IC
    Just crafting fertilizers with scrap is both too simplistic and boring.
    I believe that IC could definitely benefit from some additional chemistry
    Couple of threads already suggested on improving brewing with centrifuges and automation but having fast making magic potions is not what IC is about. Yet using the brewing system that is already present could definitively be beneficial. Fertilizers that last longer(10-20 minecraft days but also require some unique ingredients(maybe even UU matter)), liquids that change pH level in soil for specific plants, mutagents that promote cross breeding(or even special cross breeding chambers: apple + gold blocks + saplings = golden apple tree that gives 1 golden apple a month). Chemistry could really spice things up
    ANd another suggestion regarding cross breeding - placing two plants next to each other is too simple and ,sorry to say, stupid MinecraftPig + MinecraftChar placed in a bag does not equal MinecraftZombieman(at least i hope it does not)
    IC already has nuclear reactors so it could potentially have some radiation or radioactive waste. these two could be used to make cross breeding more complicated and interesting(with violent industrial mutant plants(more dangerous and damaging than current weeds) - i know childish but fun :P ). Some kind of machine with uranium block in it can emit high frequency radiation that promotes cross breeding but also damages and contaminates the environment(reason to build a separate lab for that). Near depleted cells could serve as source of radioactive material or even new item -radioactive waste- that appears after reactor finishes its cycle, could be implemented. Contamination and radiation also means IC specific effects (like radiation poisoning that increases hunger depletion) and specific ways of dealing with it - more chemistry to clean up the mess, special plants that deal with it and special protective gear( :Quantum-Helmet: )(getting of topic due to insperation 8| ).
    To sum up - we have brewing system in minecraft, why not use it for IC style agriculture chemistry ?
    - more interesting and complicated cross breeding with chemicals made in those brewing stands .
    Thank you
    Love the mod as it is anyway :) !!!

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• it would be nice to be able to make fertalizer AoE Potions that i can throw onto my crops or use a dispenser to dispense fertalizer with the flip of a switch.

also as for the MinecraftChar + MinecraftPig = MinecraftZombieman that's about how it works with plants. usually it's from an insect taking pollen from one type of plant and taking it to another species by "accident" and there you have it. the alternative of Grafting tree branches onto other trees.

and as for the Nuclear Reactor causing mutations. sadly alot of players don't even use Nuclear Reactors. however: a Uranium Block (made from 9 uranium ore) could possible cause such mutations. such as plants that grow Mob Drops like Ghast Tears (Weeping Willow Sapling) or Rotten Flesh (Titan Arum, a.k.a. Corpse Flower)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Frankly I'd like this to find applications outside of just agriculture, and use it for all kinds of industrial chemicals. Granted there aren't many direct applications for them right now, but things like the gunpowder recipe could be shifted to the chemical lab. Maybe add cleaners and lubricants* (and uses for them)? Synthetic medicines?

If we could give the entire brewing system an industrial overhaul, I'd be far more inclined to actually use it.

* Machines with moving parts could slowly degrade over time and drop to say 50% speed while still using the same eu/t, and would require lubrication to restore them?

• i already use to brewing system alot, i make fire resist pots for diamond expeditions and when i go to the nether, specially to farm Blaze Rods off Blazes, i use speed potions about 80% of my time online, i use throwable fire resist pots to save players on my server that fall into lava, i use Splash Healing potions on allies during Zombie invasions so i kind of play the role of a Cleric, i throw Benefitial potions all over the place, however i do wish potions could stack even if it's only up to 8 or 16. i just had an idea! Potion Gun thread coming up!

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Just to say MinecraftPig + MinecraftChar is not MinecraftZombieman
    It's MinecraftZombie + MinecraftPig + MinecraftChar = MinecraftZombieman

A splash-fertilizer-potion is a good idea. Why not also brewing a splash-hydration-potion out of Waterbottle + Gunpowder.
    So we can completely use the Dispenser for our Crops.

I'm not often using Potions, but when i do

8)

it's a Splashpotion of Harming.

• mine is usually fire resist, speed, or splash healing.

what i'd really like to see as well is a potion that can cure hunger 100% and made to splash for SMP servers.

• lol, i've been to africa, and it's not that they don;t have food, it's that it's so fucking aweful that they'd rather starve then eat it. i was there for 10 days and if it wasn;t form decent french fries and hunts ketchup i would have starved. i'll put it this way, i got my hopes up about a birthday cake they bought at a market about 60 miles away and a few people ate it but i tried it and i swear to you that thing was smothered in baking soda, which i thought was powdered sugar when i saw it. if you took a loaf of bread, and battered it with toothpaste and rolled it in baking soda.... there you have it, an African Cake.

but on a more serious note. i'd use these in dispensers around my house and yard and what not to keep me full instead of walking around and having to eat every 30 seconds when i don't have a qunatum helm or when players on my server are trying to follow me when sprinting and get to hungry to sprint.

• my bad, plants do cross breed like MinecraftCreeper + MinecraftSquid = MinecraftNotch , but what I meant to say is that it is to unlikely for two very different plants like reed and rose to cross breed into something bizarre like ink dropping flower. Need an extra kick :Nuke TNT:

Cuius testiculos habes, habeas cardia et cerebellum - "When you have their testicals/full-attention in your grasp, you will have their hearts and minds also"

• my bad, plants do cross breed like MinecraftCreeper + MinecraftSquid = MinecraftNotch , but what I meant to say is that it is to unlikely for two very different plants like reed and rose to cross breed into something bizarre like ink dropping flower. Need an extra kick :Nuke TNT:

actually, notch did mention long ago that the physical texture of a creeper is that of dried leaves, so maybe MinecraftPig + :Compressed Plantball: + :Nuke TNT: = MinecraftCreeper (spawning tree?) lol