[Suggestion] Sticky Resin sticks on walls and ceiling, cancels block update. Floating gravel!

• Resin can be placed on the walls and ceiling.
    When you place gravel or sand on the resin.
    Instead of updating and dropping to the ground.
    The block update is canceled and the gravel floats there!
    You need to use resin to place each block though.

This works on the idea resin is glue.

• Resin can be placed on the walls and ceiling.
    When you place gravel or sand on the resin.
    Instead of updating and dropping to the ground.
    The block update is canceled and the gravel floats there!
    You need to use resin to place each block though.

This works on the idea resin is glue.

that is an interesting idea, i usually use a torch or sign to do this affect, or completely cover my obsidian wall in ladders to make it look like a net on the wall but holds the gravel above it.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• what about making an item called "nails" that use 2 refined iron and are about 4 pixels in size that you can place on the side of a block to keep gravel and sand from falling like a torch does? that's a relatively easy solution.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• why do we want floating gravel?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• well first off, it's the suggestion of this thread, i don;t know entirely as to why he'd want to but i do it occassionally for stuff like traps, reverse engineering underwater houses, and creating a really unique ceiling that can me collapsed and disposed of as needed, but as to why he'd need a gravel to strick straight out i'l not sure apart from traps or just wanting a different texture for the floor.

• Official Post

Damn it!
    With the Redpower Microblocks you can put gravel simply on top of a neaby invisible Coverstripblock, and then you got your floating Gravel for whatever you need it.

• lol, what's with the "Damn it"?